• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only one season but he was pretty much Aaron Hicks last year.

And I'll bet Aaron Hicks costs a lot less. lol

I haven't seen him play a lot. But from what I read this morning, he sounds a lot like Yasiel Puig, who the Dodgers just traded away.

The talent in undeniable, but he apparently still makes some of the same mistakes that Puig did that drove Dodgers fans crazy...overthrows cutoff men, doesn't always run out a ground ball, throws to the wrong base and gets caught unprepared in the outfield or on the base paths.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay is a beast and one of the best shooters of all-time. I am not debating who is better between Klay and Love bc they are different players and Love is injury prone. What we do know is Klay is not a #1 on a team and I legimately can't see him being one, Love has proven he can do it. The team didn't exactly win but he put up #1 type of numbers and was a true #1 on a non-playoff team. Doesn't exactly say he is one of the best players in the league, but I don't think anything even debated that anyway. Just a solid #1 on a bad team.
Klay has proven he can be about the best #2 on the leagues best team.

End of conversation lol
biggest problem with Klay is I dont know if he can get his own shot. It seems he needs others to create for him. He is like the ultimate version of a 3 and D player perfected.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly.

I've always found it funny that people talk about how teams "bottom out" after Lebron leaves. They try to use the Heat as part of the example, conveniently forgetting that Bosh was lost to health issues during the very next season.

That Heat team that made it to the 2nd round losing to Toronto in G7 in 2016 would have been super dangerous to Cleveland with Bosh.

Dragic, Wade, Deng, Joe Johnson, Whiteside, Winslow, J-Rich, and possibly Bosh.

Dangerous

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I haven't seen him play a lot. But from what I read this morning, he sounds a lot like Yasiel Puig, who the Dodgers just traded away.

The talent in undeniable, but he apparently still makes some of the same mistakes that Puig did that drove Dodgers fans crazy...overthrows cutoff men, doesn't always run out a ground ball, throws to the wrong base and gets caught unprepared in the outfield or on the base paths.
I think Hicks just received a 7 year, 70 mil extension. I think that might even be a bit much for his services.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Heat team that made it to the 2nd round losing to Toronto in G7 in 2016 would have been super dangerous to Cleveland with Bosh.

Dragic, Wade, Deng, Joe Johnson, Whiteside, Winslow, J-Rich, and possibly Bosh.

Dangerous
Maybe. Think it depends if they took them seriously. If not, could see them dropping a game or 2 with some other close games.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really glad the Dodgers stuck to their guns and didn't give him 10 year (and especially not 13 like the Phillies).

I guess, if the Phillies win a World Series or 2 in the first few years, then it will be worth it.

But, if they don't, in 6 years when he hits 32-33 years old, is declining and they realize they have to pay him until he's 39...that's going to suck for them.

This

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually, some others have said Love is better than Klay in the thread.....I know you can't woman up and admit your gaffe though. No worries.

You need to hire someone to keep track of your dumb comments so your future dumb comments don't bite you in the ass.
The only thing others have said is they think Love is a better #1 option than Klay, and that wasn't our debate.

And you need to get a new line, because repeating the same lame one doesn't make it funny the second time around.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must say it is extremely disappointing that we never got Wade vs Bron, Wade vs Kobe, or Bron vs Kobe in a playoffs series.

Could have had 2 of the 3 had the Lakers made it to the finals in 2011 like most thought they would.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing others have said is they think Love is a better #1 option than Klay, and that wasn't our debate.

And you need to get a new line, because repeating the same lame one doesn't make it funny the second time around.
It's an easy default comment for you that will work most of the time.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Love did put up elite #s as a #1. Are you really debating this?
What is elite to you? Two or three seasons out of eleven producing 20 -10? lol

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
biggest problem with Klay is I dont know if he can get his own shot. It seems he needs others to create for him. He is like the ultimate version of a 3 and D player perfected.
That's because you don't watch him play. Like many greats he has developed other aspects of his game and he takes guys off the dribble now.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must say it is extremely disappointing that we never got Wade vs Bron, Wade vs Kobe, or Bron vs Kobe in a playoffs series.

Could have had 2 of the 3 had the Lakers made it to the finals in 2011 like most thought they would.
Yep....thought we'd get it the year Orlando knocked out the cavs but wasn't to be.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like when you couldn't figure out I was comparing Kyrie to Klay and not Curry? Even though in the post of mine YOU reposted it said as much?
Or if you spent more time trying to articulate instead of insulting everyone that doesn't agree with you your posts would be easy to follow.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Entitled to opinion but at least we've seen Love play at an elite level as a #1. Could he be elite again? Probably not. But he was looking like he'd be a 20-10 guy this season as the #1.

Klay has never been a #1 in the NBA.

I think the premise that Klay has never been a #1 is not an ideal bench mark of whether or not he could or couldn't be one. There's basically three outcomes when it comes to Klay, because he's unknown as a #1.

1) Klay could excel as a #1 on a winning team
2) Klay could excel as a #1 on a bad team
3) Klay could be terrible as a #1 on a bad team

But for Kevin Love, he's already been a #1 and that outcome has already been solidified:

1) Kevin love could excel as a #1 on a bad team.

Saying Klay has never been a #1 doesn't argue the point validly, imo, of whether or not he COULD be one. Love has already been a #1, but he hasn't had success. His career record as a #1 is horrible, despite his big numbers. And at the end of the day, winning is what determines success.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems your challenge is trying not to move the goalposts. But you must. We were comparing Klay and Love. Period. And if you think Love makes the better #1 you must think he's the better player.
trying not to move the goal posts...that's a new one. I'll give you an A for effort though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

25M a year is very very reasonable though

its what i am most surprised about.

Lindor and Betts are gonna destroy that.

25M a year is very very reasonable. Especially 10 years from now when that will of course mean even less in current dollars.

I think the Phils did great with the contract- especially sicne there are no opt-outs

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is elite to you? Two or three seasons out of eleven producing 20 -10? lol
I know you cannot admit you are ever baffled and often have a tough time following a thread, but Love was elite and the #1 guy in Minnesota. Also try and understand he was not the #1 in Cleveland as they had that Lebron fellow (as well as Kyrie in 3 of 4 seasons), so your 11 season mention is foolish.

He spent only 6 seasons in Minnesota. One was only 18 games so really only 5. In his last 3 full seasons (of the 5) he went for roughly 24 and 13+ per game. Elite numbers

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25M a year is very very reasonable though

its what i am most surprised about.

Lindor and Betts are gonna destroy that.

25M a year is very very reasonable. Especially 10 years from now when that will of course mean even less in current dollars.

I think the Phils did great with the contract- especially sicne there are no opt-outs
I did think (as I suspect he did) he might get more per season, but I believe they will regret this deal 5-6 years in......so it depends what they get in those first seasons if it's worth it IMO.