• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was me. And I still stand by that I'd rather have Love as my #1 option than Klay.

To be fair, if you're going with the argument you can build a team around Klay, that's fine, but you'd also have to do the same ability with Love. You don't think you could build a solid enough team around Love if given the chance?
You are being too objective for some, I think. To answer that question, I'm actually not so sure at this point in his career. Though not sure what you mean by solid. Are we talking 40 win team in the East and maybe a 7-8 seed? Yeah, I do think you could do that, I guess, though it's not saying much. Fortunately, the Cavs realized that's not what they need and a full tank was best. Glad they didn't rush Love back, though am hoping he has a "setback".

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So can Klay.

He is averaging 22 a game playing alongside 2 top 5 superstars who are both MVP caliber players.

And it isn't like he is an afterthought. Teams always try to account for him.
Account for him is not the same as being the #1 focal point. Especially when accounting for him has him behind arguably 2 of the top 5 players in the league.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the most fair point. Current play is definitely a factor.
2014 Love for sure was. Today? I still think he is, but we wont know until he starts getting regular minutes......which hopefully is not until next season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what you don't get. I'd rather have Klay than Love. Plain & simple. Give me the 3 point shooter instead of a low post player w/ range. In todays game I want the better outside shooter.

What did Love have around him again when he was 20/10 guy for the Twolves? He was the # 1 offensive option correct? That might have something to do w/ those #'s he put up. And who can forget all those Twolve playoff appearances they had w/ Love. Wait a minute, that ain't right. Never mind.

This year's been an incomplete. He's missed too much time. But he'll be 31 next season. You think he can be a 20/10 player if healthy? He ain't getting any younger & I have my doubts.

LeBron?:scratch: Nope never heard of him. Is he a basketabll player?
couldn't decide between "like" and "funny" because of the last comment. Well played.

Has to be a cutoff at some point based on abaility, otherwise stands to reason you want the shooter over the lowpost guy with even less range. That puts Klay over AD (yes, he has some range but he's not a shooter).

And, yes, I do think he can be a 20-10 player if healthy (which I believe he's been for a while if they needed him). He's played 25+ minutes in 7 games this year (with only 3 in his usual range of 35ish) and has averaged roughly 22 and 12. small sample size, but it's all we have.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would take being wrong....something I'm learning you know more about than I as I read through the last few pages. lol
Like when you couldn't figure out I was comparing Kyrie to Klay and not Curry? Even though in the post of mine YOU reposted it said as much?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The topic is Love. In fact, because you are so thick skulled the topic has been Klay is better than Love for two days now. lol
In this discussion it was not. Try and stay with us...have that little girl in the pic help you follow this thread if it would help you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there are many guys that are focal points of an offense when they shouldn't be. That is what happened with Love. Clearly he couldn't lead that team to success- unless you're considering a 40-42 season successful (these are your numbers)

And if you're not sure if Klay can be a #1 then why would you argue he can't? Your argument flip flops more than a fish out of water.

Most people that have watched basketball in general, and GS specifically, know Klay is elite @ being a #2 or #3. We also already know based on his skill set he likely wouldn't be very successful at being in the #1 role.
And Love did put up elite #s as a #1. Are you really debating this?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, you're the only one here who seems to think they're dumb, and you're also the only one here who thinks Love is better than Klay. You're also the only one here struggling to grasp the simple concept that has been layed out multiple times for you today.

So, who is it now in need of hired help?
actually, some others have said Love is better than Klay in the thread.....I know you can't woman up and admit your gaffe though. No worries.

You need to hire someone to keep track of your dumb comments so your future dumb comments don't bite you in the ass.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks Cavs won....but encouraging to see Sexton, Osman and Love, 3 of their future pieces, all have over 20 points.

Osman really struggled the first couple months with his role and his shot. He was forced to play a ton of PF, and it was really his first extended action.

Since then though the guy has played really good ball. Its doubtful he has All-Star upside- i wouldnt totally rule it out, but its doubtful, but he can without a doubt become a solid starting NBA player

21-7-5-2 tonight for Osman on 7/10 shooting.

In the month of February Osman averaged about 16-5-3 on 55% shooting from the field and a crazy 52% from 3 on 5 attempts a game from 3. In January he shot 48% from the field and 38% from 3.

such improvement over November and December
I think a lot of it has to do with confidence and knowing he's the best player on the court for them at times....and playing like it. More confident in his 3 point shot, as well.

Still don't know how good Sexton can be but he's only, what, 20? His season has been better than walker's I'd bet.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014 Love for sure was. Today? I still think he is, but we wont know until he starts getting regular minutes......which hopefully is not until next season.

I don't think at any point in his career was he a 1 capable of winning much. Not that his supporting cast was great by any means in Minnesota. I'd consider a guy like Blake Griffin as a one before him. So whether I'd want him or Klay would be dependent entirely on contract. Even money I take Love. But if you're giving him 30 you gotta be careful how you spend the rest

A solid number two option with the right complimentary players.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well last night only got 28 minutes. 26 points on 12 shots and 8 rebounds.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay is a beast and one of the best shooters of all-time. I am not debating who is better between Klay and Love bc they are different players and Love is injury prone. What we do know is Klay is not a #1 on a team and I legimately can't see him being one, Love has proven he can do it. The team didn't exactly win but he put up #1 type of numbers and was a true #1 on a non-playoff team. Doesn't exactly say he is one of the best players in the league, but I don't think anything even debated that anyway. Just a solid #1 on a bad team.
Klay has proven he can be about the best #2 on the leagues best team.

End of conversation lol

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that crazy to think about. But if we really think about, Jeter was with the Yankees longer than that. Kobe was as well with the Lakers. So as long as we get 4 WS titles, I'll be one happy 57 yr old when this thing is over.
But 3 titles? Fuck that

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay is a beast and one of the best shooters of all-time. I am not debating who is better between Klay and Love bc they are different players and Love is injury prone. What we do know is Klay is not a #1 on a team and I legimately can't see him being one, Love has proven he can do it. The team didn't exactly win but he put up #1 type of numbers and was a true #1 on a non-playoff team. Doesn't exactly say he is one of the best players in the league, but I don't think anything even debated that anyway. Just a solid #1 on a bad team.
Klay has proven he can be about the best #2 on the leagues best team.

End of conversation lol
99% agree, as I'm not sure how far they get now if Klay is still the #2 and no Durant. At full strengths, Cavs knocked out GS when Klay was their #2 and Kyrie was ours. Maybe Kyrie needs to see he's better served being a great team's #2. If he joins Durant, seems like he figured that out.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andre Drummond in February

22 16 2.4 steals and blocks a game. Offensive rating of 130. Defensive 98. 65 from the line and 63 from the field.

Where in God's name did this come from

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what Klay would be without Curry and Durant

Love before his injury issues proved he was a top tier player. He was a beast in Minny. He then took a lesser role behind LeBron and since he has had problems staying healthy