• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay is a beast and one of the best shooters of all-time. I am not debating who is better between Klay and Love bc they are different players and Love is injury prone. What we do know is Klay is not a #1 on a team and I legimately can't see him being one, Love has proven he can do it. The team didn't exactly win but he put up #1 type of numbers and was a true #1 on a non-playoff team. Doesn't exactly say he is one of the best players in the league, but I don't think anything even debated that anyway. Just a solid #1 on a bad team.
Klay has proven he can be about the best #2 on the leagues best team.

End of conversation lol

Tlance is overrating players because of team success, and ironically had durant not signed with GS, he would probably be overrating love, and some other players. GS Green and Thompson aren't better individually than Love or Irving, however they give off the illusion by having more stars. None of the stars individually, until durant were better on their own imo. You could possibly make a case for Curry, i guess but def not for Green or Thompson imo

This is how players end up with huge contracts, that typically don't deserve it, but benefit from playing on stacked teams.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tlance is overrating players because of team success, and ironically had durant not signed with GS, he would probably be overrating love, and some other players. GS Green and Thompson aren't better individually than Love or Irving, however they give off the illusion by having more stars. None of the stars individually, until durant were better on their own imo. You could possibly make a case for Curry, i guess but def not for Green or Thompson imo

This is how players end up with huge contracts, that typically don't deserve it, but benefit from playing on stacked teams.
sounds like this is another who said he thinks Love is better than Klay. Weird, as @LAD said no one did.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't Kyrie and Love play on an even more stacked team, pre Durant? LeBron was better than Curry then, Love better than Green, Kyrie better than Thompson. More stacked.

So Durant didn't break the league going to GS. The Cavs broke the league and GS countered

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Kyrie and Love play on an even more stacked team, pre Durant? LeBron was better than Curry then, Love better than Green, Kyrie better than Thompson. More stacked.

So Durant didn't break the league going to GS. The Cavs broke the league and GS countered
Relax....no one was saying GS broke the league or that adding Durant was such a terrible act here.

But at least you know Love is better than green.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portland and OKC tied for 3rd.

Houston 2 losses behind.

OKC gotta start playing better

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax....no one was saying GS broke the league or that adding Durant was such a terrible act here.

But at least you know Love is better than green.
Shit everyone was saying Durant broke the league, where were you?

Ironically I think it was around 2013, the Ws almost traded Green for Love. Minny asked for Klay also, and they were this close to doing it, until Jerry West said he would loudly quit and rip them if they did. Thank God for that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit everyone was saying Durant broke the league, where were you?
Not in this conversation they weren't. That's why I said relax. Not every mention of Durant is someone saying GS broke the league.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat in 6

Possibly.

I've always found it funny that people talk about how teams "bottom out" after Lebron leaves. They try to use the Heat as part of the example, conveniently forgetting that Bosh was lost to health issues during the very next season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GS had two of the best shooters of all-time. They WAY BETTER role players and Iggy was basically a starter then. The bench difference and role player difference was HUGE. Draymond was a hell of a lot better then compared to now imo he was a DPOY kind of player

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillies gave him 13 years.....LOL.

Really glad the Dodgers stuck to their guns and didn't give him 10 year (and especially not 13 like the Phillies).

I guess, if the Phillies win a World Series or 2 in the first few years, then it will be worth it.

But, if they don't, in 6 years when he hits 32-33 years old, is declining and they realize they have to pay him until he's 39...that's going to suck for them.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014 Love for sure was. Today? I still think he is, but we wont know until he starts getting regular minutes......which hopefully is not until next season.

Yeah my whole premise was actually based off prime play. I don't think at this point Love is capable of being a true #1 kind of guy on a winning team. I would agree with @tlance that as of TODAY, I'd take Klay over Love as being a #1 option. Love at his peak, I'd choose him though.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what Klay would be without Curry and Durant

Love before his injury issues proved he was a top tier player. He was a beast in Minny. He then took a lesser role behind LeBron and since he has had problems staying healthy

Klay had plenty of seasons in GS before Durant. He was a 2x all-star pre-Durant.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol you will learn that @lebron23james isn't the partner you should seek out
Not seeking out any partner. You said no one thinks Klay is better. Never mind he's not the first.

You need to hire someone to keep track of your dumb comments so your future dumb comments don't bite you in the ass.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just glad the Cubs didn't get this idiot. Him in this market with this fan base would have been a media relations disaster. Even Addison Russell is going to be in for a rude awakening once he returns from his suspension.

Agree.

I read this morning that his numbers have declined every year since 2015 when he won the MVP.

And to think the Phillies ended up giving him 13 years. Really glad the Dodgers didn't cave.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah my whole premise was actually based off prime play. I don't think at this point Love is capable of being a true #1 kind of guy on a winning team. I would agree with @tlance that as of TODAY, I'd take Klay over Love as being a #1 option. Love at his peak, I'd choose him though.
Entitled to opinion but at least we've seen Love play at an elite level as a #1. Could he be elite again? Probably not. But he was looking like he'd be a 20-10 guy this season as the #1.

Klay has never been a #1 in the NBA.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

I read this morning that his numbers have declined every year since 2015 when he won the MVP.

And to think the Phillies ended up giving him 13 years. Really glad the Dodgers didn't cave.
Only one season but he was pretty much Aaron Hicks last year.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in this conversation they weren't. That's why I said relax. Not every mention of Durant is someone saying GS broke the league.
Missing my point. The logical endpoint of @lebron23james claim that the Cavs big 3 were all better than the Ws big 3 is that the Cavs were more stacked than the Dubs so they had to get Durant to even it up. I doubt he thought it through.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GS had two of the best shooters of all-time. They WAY BETTER role players and Iggy was basically a starter then. The bench difference and role player difference was HUGE. Draymond was a hell of a lot better then compared to now imo he was a DPOY kind of player
Spin spin spin. The Cavs big 3 were all better according to you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missing my point. The logical endpoint of @lebron23james claim that the Cavs big 3 were all better than the Ws big 3 is that the Cavs were more stacked than the Dubs so they had to get Durant to even it up. I doubt he thought it through.
Not how I read it, but guess you'd have to ask him.