• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow because I'm on a different posting schedule than some?
because when you're the only one posting it appears you're talking to yourself

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really glad the Dodgers stuck to their guns and didn't give him 10 year (and especially not 13 like the Phillies).

I guess, if the Phillies win a World Series or 2 in the first few years, then it will be worth it.

But, if they don't, in 6 years when he hits 32-33 years old, is declining and they realize they have to pay him until he's 39...that's going to suck for them.

ah, when a contract sounds like a jail sentence...:tsk:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or if you spent more time trying to articulate instead of insulting everyone that doesn't agree with you your posts would be easy to follow.
signed (again),

the pot

It was very clearly written it was a comparison of Kyrie and Klay as evidenced when I reposted it a handful of times thinking you own up to your gaffe. should have known that wasn't happening.

You need to hire someone to keep track of your dumb comments so your future dumb comments don't bite you in the ass.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25M a year is very very reasonable though

its what i am most surprised about.

Lindor and Betts are gonna destroy that.

25M a year is very very reasonable. Especially 10 years from now when that will of course mean even less in current dollars.

I think the Phils did great with the contract- especially sicne there are no opt-outs

True, but I just think that's still going to be a lot of money to be paying a guy from age 33 to age 39.

There will be guys making more than that annually (there already are) but it won't be enough of them that the $25 million won't hurt. Especially if they haven't won a World Series or 2.

To be fair, I've never been a Harper fan. So, I didn't even like that the Dodgers were offering to make him the highest paid player annually in history.

The fact that they were only willing to go 5 or 6 years at that amount made it somewhat okay. But I still didn't really like it.

I will give him some credit though, he apparently didn't want to go through free agency again and he signed a contract where he won't have to. It also makes him look like he's all in with the Phillies.

It'll be interesting to see what he does if they don't get to the World Series in the next few years. Will he try to force a trade ala A-Rod?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the premise that Klay has never been a #1 is not an ideal bench mark of whether or not he could or couldn't be one. There's basically three outcomes when it comes to Klay, because he's unknown as a #1.

1) Klay could excel as a #1 on a winning team
2) Klay could excel as a #1 on a bad team
3) Klay could be terrible as a #1 on a bad team

But for Kevin Love, he's already been a #1 and that outcome has already been solidified:

1) Kevin love could excel as a #1 on a bad team.

Saying Klay has never been a #1 doesn't argue the point validly, imo, of whether or not he COULD be one. Love has already been a #1, but he hasn't had success. His career record as a #1 is horrible, despite his big numbers. And at the end of the day, winning is what determines success.
Mostly true, but I would hope we can agree there is little chance if Klay is your best player you will have a good team. do we know? No. But seems it's the likely outcome. Also not sure I'd call Love's last Minnesota team horrible.

we also know Love would not be terrible as a #1 on a bad team......cannot say the same of Klay.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because when you're the only one posting it appears you're talking to yourself
weird you'd make that comment after making this one.......if you spent more time trying to articulate instead of insulting everyone that doesn't agree with you

Why I continue to have the need to remind you - You need to hire someone to keep track of your dumb comments so your future dumb comments don't bite you in the ass.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly true, but I would hope we can agree there is little chance if Klay is your best player you will have a good team. do we know? No. But seems it's the likely outcome. Also not sure I'd call Love's last Minnesota team horrible.

we also know Love would not be terrible as a #1 on a bad team......cannot say the same of Klay.

All I know is given statistics and probabilities, there is absolutely no definitive way we can know whether or not Klay would or would not be good given the many variables that factor in. Likewise we cannot say whether or not Love would excel more if he had a better supporting cast in his years in Minnesota.

I think the most fair and objective thing to do is acknowledge each players strengths and that it would take significantly different pieces to surround them to make each a #1 option on a winning team.

So I'm not in agreement with you at all in that Klay would not be a #1 on a good team. That I absolutely disagree with. What I do agree with is that if Love is in his prime, I think I would have an easier time in today's NBA to put pieces around him as a focal point. That is the point I would argue and mostly why I would choose Love as a #1 over Klay. It has nothing to do with ability, it's about replacement level value of the guys around him.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an easy default comment for you that will work most of the time.
In your case it's just being used as a deflection...

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the premise that Klay has never been a #1 is not an ideal bench mark of whether or not he could or couldn't be one. There's basically three outcomes when it comes to Klay, because he's unknown as a #1.

1) Klay could excel as a #1 on a winning team
2) Klay could excel as a #1 on a bad team
3) Klay could be terrible as a #1 on a bad team

But for Kevin Love, he's already been a #1 and that outcome has already been solidified:

1) Kevin love could excel as a #1 on a bad team.

Saying Klay has never been a #1 doesn't argue the point validly, imo, of whether or not he COULD be one. Love has already been a #1, but he hasn't had success. His career record as a #1 is horrible, despite his big numbers. And at the end of the day, winning is what determines success.
And I already made these points about 10 pages back. She is just like a dog with a bone regarding Love.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is given statistics and probabilities, there is absolutely no definitive way we can know whether or not Klay would or would not be good given the many variables that factor in. Likewise we cannot say whether or not Love would excel more if he had a better supporting cast in his years in Minnesota.

I think the most fair and objective thing to do is acknowledge each players strengths and that it would take significantly different pieces to surround them to make each a #1 option on a winning team.

So I'm not in agreement with you at all in that Klay would not be a #1 on a good team. That I absolutely disagree with. What I do agree with is that if Love is in his prime, I think I would have an easier time in today's NBA to put pieces around him as a focal point. That is the point I would argue and mostly why I would choose Love as a #1 over Klay. It has nothing to do with ability, it's about replacement level value of the guys around him.
All well said and sorry if I come across as someone who thinks Klay is any less than at least a very good player.

And can't disagree with you that we don't know what he'd do as a #1 because we cannot be sure unless he gets that opportunity.

does seem like if he is to win a title Love's best shot is clearly as a #2 or 3.....even when he was at his best in his mid 20s. He did win won as a #3, but if not for GS - considered the best team ever by some - I believe the Cavs would have been a favorite to be the champs so I would not say he can't win one as a 2. Of course, having Lebron as the 1 sure helps a ton.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I already made these points about 10 pages back. She is just like a dog with a bone regarding Love.
Adults talking. I'll get back to you when you are needed. For now keep this in mind - You need to hire someone to keep track of your dumb comments so your future dumb comments don't bite you in the ass.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just put a lineup together. Going with:

PG - Westbrook
SG - Steph
SF - Jerebko
PF - Love
C - Cousins
G - Dragic
F - Ellenson
UT - Okogie
My best one just missed the cut......how'd this one do? Looks like you just missed, but hopefully I'm wrong.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My best one just missed the cut......how'd this one do? Looks like you just missed, but hopefully I'm wrong.

Missed by a pretty wide margin, lol. I'm beginning to think I'm terrible at these and I was just lucky one time.

I got an MMA one lined up for this weekend, so I hopefully hit on that.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adults talking. I'll get back to you when you are needed. For now keep this in mind - You need to hire someone to keep track of your dumb comments so your future dumb comments don't bite you in the ass.
Get back to me? How is that even possible when you're like the hamster running in the wheel in a hurry to get absolutely nowhere.

Let's recap:

You've already been told by multiple sources here that no one believes Love is better than Klay.

Second, we've also established through the same multiple sources that NO ONE was arguing - other than yourself- that Klay is a better #1 than Love

Thridly, also through the same sources, you've been made to agree that Klay is a valuable player - more-so than Love at this point.

And finally, through none other than the same sources listed in the first three examples above, you've conceded that Klay actually could be a good #1.

None of which adds up to anyone agreeing with your initial statement that Love is better than Klay. And might I add, all without having the guts to admit you went too far out on that limb of yours to say EVERYONE here agrees with you.

Great job. Take your bow. :humble:

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed by a pretty wide margin, lol. I'm beginning to think I'm terrible at these and I was just lucky one time.

I got an MMA one lined up for this weekend, so I hopefully hit on that.

I have said before golf and soccer is the easiest lol

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said before golf and soccer is the easiest lol

MMA is pretty easy if you watch the sport. I don't watch Soccer so I got no idea. I've done a golf one before, but I don't know enough about the players really. Love playing it though.