• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks Cavs won....but encouraging to see Sexton, Osman and Love, 3 of their future pieces, all have over 20 points.

Osman really struggled the first couple months with his role and his shot. He was forced to play a ton of PF, and it was really his first extended action.

Since then though the guy has played really good ball. Its doubtful he has All-Star upside- i wouldnt totally rule it out, but its doubtful, but he can without a doubt become a solid starting NBA player

21-7-5-2 tonight for Osman on 7/10 shooting.

In the month of February Osman averaged about 16-5-3 on 55% shooting from the field and a crazy 52% from 3 on 5 attempts a game from 3. In January he shot 48% from the field and 38% from 3.

such improvement over November and December

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacers next two games are at home against Orlando and the Bulls, after that our March schedule is downright scary.

While we would ideally like to keep the #3 seed and avoid facing one the the east's big four in the first round, the 4/5 seed would be more likely. HCA against Boston in the first round wouldn't be bad, win or lose.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not terribly impressed with Harper. I mean, the guy can play...but I'm not sure anyone is worth a 10 year deal.

That's a looong time to be paying that kind of money and if the guy has a serious injury that hurts his ability to play at the level that money command...you're screwed.

On the other hand, I'd hate to see him go to the damn Giants and hurt the Dodgers every year for the next 10...that would get old. lol

I'm just glad the Cubs didn't get this idiot. Him in this market with this fan base would have been a media relations disaster. Even Addison Russell is going to be in for a rude awakening once he returns from his suspension.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks Cavs won....but encouraging to see Sexton, Osman and Love, 3 of their future pieces, all have over 20 points.

Osman really struggled the first couple months with his role and his shot. He was forced to play a ton of PF, and it was really his first extended action.

Since then though the guy has played really good ball. Its doubtful he has All-Star upside- i wouldnt totally rule it out, but its doubtful, but he can without a doubt become a solid starting NBA player

21-7-5-2 tonight for Osman on 7/10 shooting.

In the month of February Osman averaged about 16-5-3 on 55% shooting from the field and a crazy 52% from 3 on 5 attempts a game from 3. In January he shot 48% from the field and 38% from 3.

such improvement over November and December

Knicks are gonna get Zion...

is what it is...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And whats so funny about this? It been obvious for about 2 years now that they were going to try and do something in 2020. Not sure whats funny about having an actual plan in place to try and be title contenders in the next 2-4 years

Consider your audience. Then you'll understand why he's not making a logical statement.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be 60.

Isn't that crazy to think about. But if we really think about, Jeter was with the Yankees longer than that. Kobe was as well with the Lakers. So as long as we get 4 WS titles, I'll be one happy 57 yr old when this thing is over.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem here is no one is arguing that Klay isn't a #1. In fact, we've said it multiple times, which means we agree with you. Yet, you still continue to drill that point unnecessarily.

Where your challenge comes in is when we compare Klay & Love as #2 options. So what Love played with Kyrie & LBJ. Klay plays with Curry & KD & now Boogie and he still manages to have a bigger impact while staying healthy. Neither of which Love seems able to do. At the end of the day it is quite baffling why you continue to argue Love is better when he's barely played double digit games this season alone.
Seems your challenge is trying not to move the goalposts. But you must. We were comparing Klay and Love. Period. And if you think Love makes the better #1 you must think he's the better player.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are way too fixated on that win total.

It is meaningless.

Win totals for mediocre teams depend a lot on league structure at the time.

There were quite a few bad teams in both conferences that season. Mostly the East, but still. There were A lot of teams to beat up on.

For example, a 48 win Phoenix team or a 49 win Dallas team from that year were not definitively better than say this year's Kings or Lakers who will probably win between 40 And 43.

There are fewer easy wins to get today.
All fair points....but either way Love can be the focal point for the D of the other team and put up elite #s. Could Klay?