• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said you could.

But it would be much harder.

Because Klay is a 2 way player and Love isn't.

And I don't think Love is a better scorer. Not today anyway. 2014 Love might have been.

Thats the most fair point. Current play is definitely a factor.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwade hit an amazing shot last night. I just shook my head and laughed because honestly I was happy it was him that did it. But I also shake my heads at the refs who made this call to foul Draymond out of the game...

That was an amazing, lucky shot from Wade to win it. But, I don't think he should've compared it to Kobe's game winner over him years ago.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get I'm only doing what you are doing? Arguing my side in the discussion. No one's getting.

Love was a 20-10 guy 3 of his last 4 years in Minnesota. Only year he wasn't he played 18 games.

do you not know about that Lebron fellow? Pretty good player. scores a lot. So does a guy named Kyrie. Love scored less when he played with both of them and sacrificed his game for the good of the team.

Only played 4 full games this year so we'll see if he gets back up there when he plays more (which hopefully does not happen).

Here's what you don't get. I'd rather have Klay than Love. Plain & simple. Give me the 3 point shooter instead of a low post player w/ range. In todays game I want the better outside shooter.

What did Love have around him again when he was 20/10 guy for the Twolves? He was the # 1 offensive option correct? That might have something to do w/ those #'s he put up. And who can forget all those Twolve playoff appearances they had w/ Love. Wait a minute, that ain't right. Never mind.

This year's been an incomplete. He's missed too much time. But he'll be 31 next season. You think he can be a 20/10 player if healthy? He ain't getting any younger & I have my doubts.

LeBron?:scratch: Nope never heard of him. Is he a basketabll player?

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always good to see Wade do stuff like that. One of the best players of this generation.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you think Love is a better #1 than Klay? If so, that makes him the better player.
No I don't think Klay is a #1 player, nor do I think Love is.

I think you trying to compare them in a position that is neither of their strengths is misguided at the very least. I also think pointing out that Love tried to be a #1 option but failed isn't helping your argument here.

When we compare them in the #2 role it is much more comparable - and clearly shows Klay is the better player.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what would it take for you to admit a mistake?

You need to hire someone to keep track of your dumb comments so your future dumb comments don't bite you in the ass.
It would take being wrong....something I'm learning you know more about than I as I read through the last few pages. lol

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stay on topic...we are not talking about Love. Talk about obsessed.

do you agree you "literally" cannot find a better nonsuperstar than Klay? You wouldn't rather the wing be able to get his own shot then not? stay on topic and try and argue based on the post. Not the poster.

But I loved finding that post and watching you smack yourself around. I should just sit back and watch you next time.
The topic is Love. In fact, because you are so thick skulled the topic has been Klay is better than Love for two days now. lol

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you can only guess. I already know Love could be the focal point of a 40 win team in the West, and that was without much around him. could Klay? Not sure.
Well there are many guys that are focal points of an offense when they shouldn't be. That is what happened with Love. Clearly he couldn't lead that team to success- unless you're considering a 40-42 season successful (these are your numbers)

And if you're not sure if Klay can be a #1 then why would you argue he can't? Your argument flip flops more than a fish out of water.

Most people that have watched basketball in general, and GS specifically, know Klay is elite @ being a #2 or #3. We also already know based on his skill set he likely wouldn't be very successful at being in the #1 role.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to hire someone to keep track of your dumb comments so your future dumb comments don't bite you in the ass.
Funny, you're the only one here who seems to think they're dumb, and you're also the only one here who thinks Love is better than Klay. You're also the only one here struggling to grasp the simple concept that has been layed out multiple times for you today.

So, who is it now in need of hired help?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,593.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat had like half of their team with 4 or 5 fouls last night and Dragic fouled out in limited minutes lol

Yeah I thought 2 of Dragon's fouls were questionable.

There's too much ambiguity with some of the refs...to go with a glaring lack of consistency which makes it worse than it should be.

Last edited:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least you're honest. Heat got the short end of the officiating stick a lot this year.
Not just the Heat. I think there have been more teams screwed over by the officiating crew this season more-so than in seasons past.

This officiating crew has been the worst & I'm hoping the league can get this back under control.

Look at the game the other night when Boogie tossed Linn's shoe to the sidelines so no one would trip and/or hurt themselves. They T'd him up for that. Seriously??? They have taken common sense completely out of the equation and it makes for a watered down product.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just the Heat. I think there have been more teams screwed over by the officiating crew this season more-so than in seasons past.

This officiating crew has been the worst & I'm hoping the league can get this back under control.

Look at the game the other night when Boogie tossed Linn's shoe to the sidelines so no one would trip and/or hurt themselves. They T'd him up for that. Seriously??? They have taken common sense completely out of the equation and it makes for a watered down product.

I thought Booger's, I mean Boogie's T was reversed? Terrible T to go along w/ awful officiating all season long. Just wait until they fuck up in a playoff game. I could do a better job than that. Well not if it would be the Lakers. I'd be T'ing them up left & right.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Booger's, I mean Boogie's T was reversed? Terrible T to go along w/ awful officiating all season long. Just wait until they fuck up in a playoff game. I could do a better job than that. Well not if it would be the Lakers. I'd be T'ing them up left & right.
They did, but that doesn't rectify the extra point it cost them.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you guys are dying to know who the last masked singers were

Yep. Watched it again.