• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even one of the posters arguing vehemently against me said Love was a better #1 than Klay and acknowledged, yeah, maybe that does make him the better player.

Literally, huh? You wouldn't prefer a nonsuperstar wing be a better ballhandler and guy who can get his own shot over not being that type of player?

Well, then he is wrong too.

Because Klay positively impacts the game in more ways that Love does.

Klay is a modern day Reggie Miller 2.0. He is a better defender, a better scorer, and even a better shooter.

And Reggie Miller was a #1 option on an always competitive Pacer team that even made a Finals.

No, Klay isn't going to create his own shot as most top options can. But the threat of Klay creates space for teammates to operate. Put him on a smartly balanced team with above average NBA players around him, and it wouldn't be that hard to build an annual playoff team around Klay.

I think you could do it with Love too, but it would be a lot harder.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people would prefer a player that will actually play. Funny concept, huh? lol
stay on topic...we are not talking about Love. Talk about obsessed.

do you agree you "literally" cannot find a better nonsuperstar than Klay? You wouldn't rather the wing be able to get his own shot then not? stay on topic and try and argue based on the post. Not the poster.

But I loved finding that post and watching you smack yourself around. I should just sit back and watch you next time.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was left open for you to add with the "and?"

Feel free next time.
Pretty sure you've established you're the best at dumbing things down around here.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Klay is a modern day Reggie Miller 2.0. He is a better defender, a better scorer, and even a better shooter.

And Reggie Miller was a #1 option on an always competitive Pacer team that even made a Finals.

No, Klay isn't going to create his own shot as most top options can. But the threat of Klay creates space for teammates to operate. Put him on a smartly balanced team with above average NBA players around him, and it wouldn't be that hard to build an annual playoff team around Klay.

But you can only guess. I already know Love could be the focal point of a 40 win team in the West, and that was without much around him. could Klay? Not sure.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you think Love is a better #1 than Klay? If so, that makes him the better player.

I don't think either is winning a title as the best player on their team in the modern era,

But no.

I would much rather have Klay as my best player than have Love as my best player.

There is no law that your best player has to also be your best creator. And honestly, Love doesn't really create that well anyway. And I think you could build a solid team around Klay Thompson.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure you've established you're the best at dumbing things down around here.
You need to hire someone to keep track of your dumb comments so your future dumb comments don't bite you in the ass.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you can only guess. I already know Love could be the focal point of a 40 win team in the West, and that was without much around him. could Klay? Not sure.

No you don't.

You know he did it 5 years ago and still didn't even sniff the playoffs.

The 9 seed that year won 48.

Sorry, not impressed.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great insight, and FTR I never said he's not a very good player. Just because you don't appreciate Love's game doesn't mean I think Klay is not an excellent player.
Well when you say things like he's only a shooter and plays "some" defense it does imply you don't think he's an excellent player.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you don't.

You know he did it 5 years ago and still didn't even sniff the playoffs.

The 9 seed that year won 48.

Sorry, not impressed.
Ok, but a 40 win team in the West. we don't know Klay could even do that. You only think he could. Maybe it's different without Curry and now Durant drawing attention to them? Love can be the #1 guy with a D designed to stop him and still put up points.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta run. Taking The Boy to the gym and wont be looking at the internet. Please don't let anyone from my daily roster come down with a load management issue in the next 1-3 hours.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,593.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they can ONLY explore the AD scenario if they sign a player like KD.

Otherwise he is a 1 year rental and not worth the risk.

With KD+, there is a very real chance AD could agree to extend immediately.

I guess....but realistically I just don't see that playing out.

We shall see as they say.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep... super weak call.
It's almost as if some of these refs are going out of their way to bait certain players around the league. Especially when a lot of the more egregious and obvious fouls don't earn a whistle.

Time to clean that ish up, Mr. Silver.

Heat had like half of their team with 4 or 5 fouls last night and Dragic fouled out in limited minutes lol

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure which you are referring to as I think each has thrived as a #2......I have seen Love lead a team to 40 wins in the West, though. Could Klay? I have my doubts as he needs guys around him to do what he does best on the offensive end. Hope for your team's sake he doesn't overvalue himself and go find out.
The problem here is no one is arguing that Klay isn't a #1. In fact, we've said it multiple times, which means we agree with you. Yet, you still continue to drill that point unnecessarily.

Where your challenge comes in is when we compare Klay & Love as #2 options. So what Love played with Kyrie & LBJ. Klay plays with Curry & KD & now Boogie and he still manages to have a bigger impact while staying healthy. Neither of which Love seems able to do. At the end of the day it is quite baffling why you continue to argue Love is better when he's barely played double digit games this season alone.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, but a 40 win team in the West. we don't know Klay could even do that. You only think he could. Maybe it's different without Curry and now Durant drawing attention to them? Love can be the #1 guy with a D designed to stop him and still put up points.

You are way too fixated on that win total.

It is meaningless.

Win totals for mediocre teams depend a lot on league structure at the time.

There were quite a few bad teams in both conferences that season. Mostly the East, but still. There were A lot of teams to beat up on.

For example, a 48 win Phoenix team or a 49 win Dallas team from that year were not definitively better than say this year's Kings or Lakers who will probably win between 40 And 43.

There are fewer easy wins to get today.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was me. And I still stand by that I'd rather have Love as my #1 option than Klay.

To be fair, if you're going with the argument you can build a team around Klay, that's fine, but you'd also have to do the same ability with Love. You don't think you could build a solid enough team around Love if given the chance?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So can Klay.

He is averaging 22 a game playing alongside 2 top 5 superstars who are both MVP caliber players.

And it isn't like he is an afterthought. Teams always try to account for him.

Reactions: LAD

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was me. And I still stand by that I'd rather have Love as my #1 option than Klay.

To be fair, if you're going with the argument you can build a team around Klay, that's fine, but you'd also have to do the same ability with Love. You don't think you could build a solid enough team around Love if given the chance?

I said you could.

But it would be much harder.

Because Klay is a 2 way player and Love isn't.

And I don't think Love is a better scorer. Not today anyway. 2014 Love might have been.