• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they recalled him to the Sixers but Brown says he doesn't expect him to play tonight? WTF? Because of all the options he has at the 5?

Let's see. The Sixers have Johan Bolden and,uuhhhhhh, Ben Simmons? I don't care if Patton goes out there and never crosses into the offensive half of the court. We need someone who can at least kinda slow down Adams.

Could go with Mike Scott and force Adams to defend the perimeter.
I mean all you have to do is set a pick n roll with, oh, wait, wrong team.

Yeah, after they got smoked on the boards against Portland, I'm not expecting much on this one.
Adams could go for 20 and 20. They could surprise us, especially if JJ breaks his two-game slump. Maybe Simmons hits his first 3....

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I did make that claim. The series is a very small sample size if you were not aware. I do think Curry is better, but if they played them again with Kyrie my money would be on GS.

You are kind of trying to use the transitive property (yes, I get not the very definition) in sports here. I hope we all know it doesn't work.

Steph Curry is the most selfless superstar to play in the modern NBA.

Kyrie only seems interested in himself. And look how it is affecting his team.

Last 6 games without Kyrie, Celtics are 6-0 with like a +15 margin.

Last 6 games with Kyrie, Celtics are 0-6 with a -8.

I am not saying the Celtics would be better off long term without Kyrie. I don't think that is true. But one player is an amazingly selfless teammate, while the other looks like he could be a bit of a cancer.

You can compare stats, but even those favor Curry. There is no real comparison between Curry and Kyrie as to how they impact a team.

SO yeah, I say very little/no chance the Warriors would have won a ring last year with Kyrie instead of Curry.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,805.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds blasphemous,

But, if the Knicks win the lottery and complete a trade for AD, and sign KD,

I would DEFINITELY rather have Kemba than Kyrie.

Kemba, KD, AD + M. Robinson would be a hell of a start.

And I think Smith + Zion + a pick + salary filler should be enough to get AD.

I'm not so sure they even want to explore an AD scenario....unless of course they don't get the #1 or #2 pick and KD decides he wants to take his talents elsewhere.

Gonna be interesting to say the least...and not just for the Knicks.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure which you are referring to as I think each has thrived as a #2......I have seen Love lead a team to 40 wins in the West, though. Could Klay? I have my doubts as he needs guys around him to do what he does best on the offensive end. Hope for your team's sake he doesn't overvalue himself and go find out.

He led them to 40 wins.

Once. Good for 10th seed in the West.

His next best season? 31 wins.

Let's not act like Love was some type of basketball savant as the top option in Minny. He did fine. But to me, he really only proved that he shouldn't be a top option.

And Love isn't as good or a short valuable today as he was in 2014. The pace and space bonanza has mostly occurred since then.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwade hit an amazing shot last night. I just shook my head and laughed because honestly I was happy it was him that did it. But I also shake my heads at the refs who made this call to foul Draymond out of the game...

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My friend, you just quoted me and used it as some sort of "win". Then when I pulled something to refute your thoughts from the post of mine you quoted you just say "if you say so" instead of admitting your gaffe.

But I hope you never change
You continuously say how you can admit when you are wrong - yet we still haven't seen it even though several people have come out & said you stand alone with wanting Love over Klay.

Point is, don't try to hold others to an expectation you yourself fail to live up to....my friend.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure they even want to explore an AD scenario....unless of course they don't get the #1 or #2 pick and KD decides he wants to take his talents elsewhere.

Gonna be interesting to say the least...and not just for the Knicks.

I think they can ONLY explore the AD scenario if they sign a player like KD.

Otherwise he is a 1 year rental and not worth the risk.

With KD+, there is a very real chance AD could agree to extend immediately.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have logic and facts on your side though.

Your assumptions might have been true 15 years ago. Not today.

Because Love can't do 2 of the 3 things big men have to be able to do to be effective defenders in the modern NBA. So he is a strong minus defensively despite his rebounding prowess. The 10 boards are trumped by his struggles protecting the rim and guarding in space.

Klay is a top notch defender capable of guarding 3 positions and a great catch and shoot player who does not need to monopolize the ball the get his 20 points (neither does Love).

Klay Thompson is literally the prototype for what you want a non-superstar wing player to look like in the modern NBA.

And LOL how you assume EVERY Poster here has preconceived notions or is somehow biased because they don't agree with your homer take on Kevin Love.

You are extremely wrong.
Even one of the posters arguing vehemently against me said Love was a better #1 than Klay and acknowledged, yeah, maybe that does make him the better player.

Literally, huh? You wouldn't prefer a nonsuperstar wing be a better ballhandler and guy who can get his own shot over not being that type of player?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if you think it's foolish...But you go ahead and take the guy who can shoot, play a little D and nothing else over the 20-10 guy who can also hit 3s because those guys are so easy to find.
How many games has Love played in this season compared to the number of games Klay has played thus far. Then tell us how many 20-10 games has Love produced compared to Klay's games. Come on...you should just give this one up and say you are the ONLY ONE here that would take Love over Klay. I promise this debate would die if you did so.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You continuously say how you can admit when you are wrong - yet we still haven't seen it even though several people have come out & said you stand alone with wanting Love over Klay.

Point is, don't try to hold others to an expectation you yourself fail to live up to....my friend.
Problem is one of the several decided Love is the better #1 so, yeah, maybe that does make him the better player.....but he is rational and objective.

Never mind this doesn't take away from you quoting my post to give yourself some kind of "win" then not acknowledging something in the post proved you were wrong.

Could you woman up and admit a gaffe?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came early in the day.

said I should have said those with no preconceived agenda who know the game. I didn't so my mistake.

See how easy that is?
What? So you think managing to insult the people whom disagree with you - because they happen to agree with me- equates to you admitting you were wrong?? hahaha ok

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many games has Love played in this season compared to the number of games Klay has played thus far. Then tell us how many 20-10 games has Love produced compared to Klay's games. Come on...you should just give this one up and say you are the ONLY ONE here that would take Love over Klay. I promise this debate would die if you did so.
someone else said they'd take Love....not question is can you admit another gaffe.

Not really a question as I know you can't, but still fun to ask.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is one of the several decided Love is the better #1 so, yeah, maybe that does make him the better player.....but he is rational and objective.

Never mind this doesn't take away from you quoting my post to give yourself some kind of "win" then not acknowledging something in the post proved you were wrong.

Could you woman up and admit a gaffe?
No, that isn't the problem because we never were discussing who is the better #1. The same people that disagree with you on this point have already pointed out that Klay is not a #1, myself included.

Move the goal posts much?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steph Curry is the most selfless superstar to play in the modern NBA.

Kyrie only seems interested in himself. And look how it is affecting his team.

Last 6 games without Kyrie, Celtics are 6-0 with like a +15 margin.

Last 6 games with Kyrie, Celtics are 0-6 with a -8.

I am not saying the Celtics would be better off long term without Kyrie. I don't think that is true. But one player is an amazingly selfless teammate, while the other looks like he could be a bit of a cancer.

You can compare stats, but even those favor Curry. There is no real comparison between Curry and Kyrie as to how they impact a team.

SO yeah, I say very little/no chance the Warriors would have won a ring last year with Kyrie instead of Curry.
Cavs played for a title without Kyrie and lost. Then won it the next year with him. Just sayin'

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that isn't the problem because we never were discussing who is the better #1. The same people that disagree with you on this point have already pointed out that Klay is not a #1, myself included.

so you think Love is a better #1 than Klay? If so, that makes him the better player.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even one of the posters arguing vehemently against me said Love was a better #1 than Klay and acknowledged, yeah, maybe that does make him the better player.

Literally, huh? You wouldn't prefer a nonsuperstar wing be a better ballhandler and guy who can get his own shot over not being that type of player?
Most people would prefer a player that will actually play. Funny concept, huh? lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what would it take for you to admit a mistake?

You need to hire someone to keep track of your dumb comments so your future dumb comments don't bite you in the ass.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs played for a title without Kyrie and lost. Then won it the next year with him. Just sayin'
And GS has won 3 titles with Curry...two of them against Kyrie. Just sayin...

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,805.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwade hit an amazing shot last night. I just shook my head and laughed because honestly I was happy it was him that did it. But I also shake my heads at the refs who made this call to foul Draymond out of the game...

Yep... super weak call.
It's almost as if some of these refs are going out of their way to bait certain players around the league. Especially when a lot of the more egregious and obvious fouls don't earn a whistle.

Time to clean that ish up, Mr. Silver.