• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay is a really really good player- and they both have their strengths and weaknesses.

I dunno.

Klay Thompson is a guy that needs guys around him. One of the best shooters of all time thats for sure.

IT would be interesting to see his game else where and how it translates and see if he is as prolific- he gets an awful lot of spacing on that team. If you switched him and Love out for eachtoher on those Twolves teams i think that team does better with Love.
There is no doubt that team does better with Love. 40 wins in a rugged West. I cannot see any team out west with Klay as their #1 winning even 30 games.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you are butthurt because no one agrees Love is better than Klay. Just like you say you are not bashing Klay, we are not bashing Love. Just pointing out that Klay is better, which he is.
Yeah....I'm kind of doing the same thing. Arguing my point. No different, you are just getting bent out of shape because I don't agree with you it seems.

If you can get butthurt over a disagreement with someone on the internet you don't know you have some issues, my friend.

Ironic, huh?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no doubt that team does better with Love. 40 wins in a rugged West. I cannot see any team out west with Klay as their #1 winning even 30 games.
This is true, Klay is not a #1. But he's a better #2 than Love is a #2 or a #1

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....I'm kind of doing the same thing. Arguing my point. No different, you are just getting bent out of shape because I don't agree with you it seems.

Ironic, huh?
"I know you are but what am I" isn't a good look. You deny you are unusually argumentative? Also, no one is getting bent out of shape here unless you are

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I know you are but what am I" isn't a good look. You deny you are unusually argumentative?
Nope...never said I don't like to argue. what fun would sports forums be if we all agreed. didn't I give your team a complement and your thought was bash me because I was hiding angst for the Lakers?

If I know you are but what am I fits so be it.

what's funny is I replied to sushi's insight and didn't seem to cry about it like you did because it wasn't exactly what he needed to hear.

Ya gotta love this forum.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay is a really really good player- and they both have their strengths and weaknesses.

I dunno.

Klay Thompson is a guy that needs guys around him. One of the best shooters of all time thats for sure.

IT would be interesting to see his game else where and how it translates and see if he is as prolific- he gets an awful lot of spacing on that team. If you switched him and Love out for eachtoher on those Twolves teams i think that team does better with Love.

Love is absolutely a better #1 than Klay. I don't think you'd find anyone here that would argue against it. Again the root of the problem comes down to I don't think either player are really winning on any level being the #1 on a team. But as a #2, I think you'd have to consider his impact in being a guy who has already thrived in that position.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love is absolutely a better #1 than Klay. I don't think you'd find anyone here that would argue against it. Again the root of the problem comes down to I don't think either player are really winning on any level being the #1 on a team. But as a #2, I think you'd have to consider his impact in being a guy who has already thrived in that position.
Not sure which you are referring to as I think each has thrived as a #2......I have seen Love lead a team to 40 wins in the West, though. Could Klay? I have my doubts as he needs guys around him to do what he does best on the offensive end. Hope for your team's sake he doesn't overvalue himself and go find out.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except I never said Klay was not a very good player. The one getting bashed the most in this thread is Love.

Does this mean you agree with his idea Love is a top 10 big man? I'm not so sure Klay is a top 10 wing player.

Granted, I've been grunching a lot of this thread, so I'm most going by what the latest post I've seen versus the actual center of the argument. So, take my comments with that knowledge about your posts or anyone elses for that matter.

Love is still a top 10 PF, I don't see any argument against that. He has his flaws, but he'd be an excellent #2 option on a lot of good playoff teams. Big man is a bit murky because you'd have to add in centers, then you have guys like Giannis who you're not sure where he fits, etc. Then you'd have to factor in guys who have had resurgences like Blake Griffin. Lots of factors which I may think about deeper in a bit.

But at worst he's a top 15 big man for sure.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true, Klay is not a #1. But he's a better #2 than Love is a #2 or a #1
wouldn't say it's untrue but it's debatable (the last part).

But you agree Love is the better #1, which pretty much means better player.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love is still right around a top 10 big man in the game. Prob. right inside of that.

Hmmmm. Of the top of my head. Assuming when you say big man you are saying something anyone 6'10" or bigger. A general list. After the top 5 is starts getting pretty squishy

1. Giannis
2. AD
3 . Embiid
4. Jokic
5. Gobert
6. KAT
7. Griffin
8. Aldridge
9. Adams
10. Gasol
11. Capela
12. Love

Boogie is a top 5 player when healthy. Not sure where to put him now. Porzingas is definitely top 10 when healthy as well.

Love could be anywhere from 8 to 12 on that list. OTOH, guys like Sabonis or Turner or Drummond

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure which you are referring to as I think each has thrived as a #2......I have seen Love lead a team to 40 wins in the West, though. Could Klay? I have my doubts as he needs guys around him to do what he does best on the offensive end. Hope for your team's sake he doesn't overvalue himself and go find out.

I'm not referring to you, I was addressing @WiggyRuss post and answered based on his questions/premise.

Well the T-Wolves did have Rubio at the time when they won 40 games. I have to think he'd be a great facilitator for a guy like Klay to get his buckets. Then you'd have to find a replacement level player for the caliber of Kevin Martin and put them at PF. That year in Minnesota he averaged 19 a game.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope...never said I don't like to argue. what fun would sports forums be if we all agreed. didn't I give your team a complement and your thought was bash me because I was hiding angst for the Lakers?

If I know you are but what am I fits so be it.

what's funny is I replied to sushi's insight and didn't seem to cry about it like you did because it wasn't exactly what he needed to hear.

Ya gotta love this forum.
What does "cry about it" mean where you come from?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm. Of the top of my head. Assuming when you say big man you are saying something anyone 6'10" or bigger. A general list. After the top 5 is starts getting pretty squishy

1. Giannis
2. AD
3 . Embiid
4. Jokic
5. Gobert
6. KAT
7. Griffin
8. Aldridge
9. Adams
10. Gasol
11. Capela
12. Love

Boogie is a top 5 player when healthy. Not sure where to put him now. Porzingas is definitely top 10 when healthy as well.

Love could be anywhere from 8 to 12 on that list. OTOH, guys like Sabonis or Turner or Drummond

tenor.gif

Edit: didn't see you said 6'10" or over...carry on.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted, I've been grunching a lot of this thread, so I'm most going by what the latest post I've seen versus the actual center of the argument. So, take my comments with that knowledge about your posts or anyone elses for that matter.

Love is still a top 10 PF, I don't see any argument against that. He has his flaws, but he'd be an excellent #2 option on a lot of good playoff teams. Big man is a bit murky because you'd have to add in centers, then you have guys like Giannis who you're not sure where he fits, etc. Then you'd have to factor in guys who have had resurgences like Blake Griffin. Lots of factors which I may think about deeper in a bit.

But at worst he's a top 15 big man for sure.
There are definitely teams where he'd be a better fit. while he might think they can get better next year, I bet Lebron would love to take his chances in the playoffs with Love on the Lakers this year. Not sure the feeling's mutual, though. I have a feeling with a title, Love was not upset to see him go. Just doesn't seem like a guy who needs any extra drama.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wouldn't say it's untrue but it's debatable (the last part).

But you agree Love is the better #1, which pretty much means better player.
Makes sense to some extent
I guess we agree I was undervaluing Love and you were undervaluing Klay ("shoot and play a little D" LOL)

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably to the equivalent of your use of butthurt. But I'm an adult so I don't use that term with others.
Fair enough. Humorlessness is not a crime.