• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure get upset whenever anyone disagrees w/ you. Which is simply hilarious. Seriously from the moment you stumbled upon this thread all you've done is tell everyone they're wrong.

And stop that 20/10 nonsense. Love only did that 3 times in his 11 year career.

10 outta 10 times- Klay over Love. Start a thread on the topic since you're seemingly the only 1 that would take Love over Klay.

man loves him some Love, though...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure get upset whenever anyone disagrees w/ you. Which is simply hilarious. Seriously from the moment you stumbled upon this thread all you've done is tell everyone they're wrong.

And stop that 20/10 nonsense. Love only did that 3 times in his 11 year career.

10 outta 10 times- Klay over Love. Start a thread on the topic since you're seemingly the only 1 that would take Love over Klay.
You get I'm only doing what you are doing? Arguing my side in the discussion. No one's getting.

Love was a 20-10 guy 3 of his last 4 years in Minnesota. Only year he wasn't he played 18 games.

do you not know about that Lebron fellow? Pretty good player. scores a lot. So does a guy named Kyrie. Love scored less when he played with both of them and sacrificed his game for the good of the team.

Only played 4 full games this year so we'll see if he gets back up there when he plays more (which hopefully does not happen).

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if you think it's foolish...But you go ahead and take the guy who can shoot, play a little D and nothing else over the 20-10 guy who can also hit 3s because those guys are so easy to find.
You keep saying Klay is just some guy who plays "a little" D, which is hilarious. And he's younger and never gets hurt.

You have your mind made up, and you are free to continue being wrong. But wrong you are.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep saying Klay is just some guy who plays "a little" D, which is hilarious. And he's younger and never gets hurt.

You have your mind made up, and you are free to continue being wrong. But wrong you are.
Does he play a lot of D? OK, if you say so. Also can shoot. As long as someone passes him the ball and all he has to do is chuck it.

and?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does he play a lot of D? OK, if you say so. Also can shoot. As long as someone passes him the ball and all he has to do is chuck it.

and?

I love you dumbing down Klay's impact. It's fantastic really. I hope the rest of the league feels the same way when it comes down to Free Agency.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love you dumbing down Klay's impact. It's fantastic really. I hope the rest of the league feels the same way when it comes down to Free Agency.
Was left open for you to add with the "and?"

Feel free next time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huge game between Knicks and Cavs tonight....

I really hope the Cavs lose but they wont. Knicks are purposefully tanking. A lot of the Cavs are playing really hard.

Hopefully they hold Love out a bunch.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was left open for you to add with the "and?"

Feel free next time.

Klay's strength is obviously catch and shoot, but he's Elite at it. Furthermore if you've actually watched Klay play, you'd realized that he's not only just a great catch and shoot player, but he's great off the ball with movement. He gets a ton of back cuts and finishes to the rim. He also has improved his handle dramatically and can on occasion take his defender off the dribble enough to keep them honest so that they cannot just simply sell out on his shot.

Additionally Klay is a fantastic finisher at the rim, whereas when he first entered the league he was horrible at it. They used to call it "klay-ups" because he would miss so frequently. Now he's an amazing finisher.

Klay is also one of the elite two way players in the NBA right now. He nightly guards the best perimeter player from the opposing team. He'll guard everyone from Harden, to Russ, to Dame, Derozan, etc. Whoever the toughest assignment will be, he takes that on. And on top of that his production doesn't suffer. He runs the entire game with an almost endless motor and produces both ways.

You want to focus on Klay's strengths, but when in actuality he's much more well rounded than you give him credit for. He's not Harden or Jokic or guys like that who impact the game in multiple facets, but the facets he does is so far above everyone else at his level you have to consider that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get I'm only doing what you are doing? Arguing my side in the discussion. No one's getting.

Love was a 20-10 guy 3 of his last 4 years in Minnesota. Only year he wasn't he played 18 games.

do you not know about that Lebron fellow? Pretty good player. scores a lot. So does a guy named Kyrie. Love scored less when he played with both of them and sacrificed his game for the good of the team.

Only played 4 full games this year so we'll see if he gets back up there when he plays more (which hopefully does not happen).
Love is still right around a top 10 big man in the game. Prob. right inside of that.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love is still right around a top 10 big man in the game. Prob. right inside of that.

I don't think many people were arguing that. It's mostly DT's dumbing down of Klay's actual impact. Reducing it to he can "shoot and play a little D" is one of the most disrespectful things you can say about his ability and importance.

It shouldn't have taken a "bash Kevin Love" route, but the hot takes were amazing, lol.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay's strength is obviously catch and shoot, but he's Elite at it. Furthermore if you've actually watched Klay play, you'd realized that he's not only just a great catch and shoot player, but he's great off the ball with movement. He gets a ton of back cuts and finishes to the rim. He also has improved his handle dramatically and can on occasion take his defender off the dribble enough to keep them honest so that they cannot just simply sell out on his shot.

Additionally Klay is a fantastic finisher at the rim, whereas when he first entered the league he was horrible at it. They used to call it "klay-ups" because he would miss so frequently. Now he's an amazing finisher.

Klay is also one of the elite two way players in the NBA right now. He nightly guards the best perimeter player from the opposing team. He'll guard everyone from Harden, to Russ, to Dame, Derozan, etc. Whoever the toughest assignment will be, he takes that on. And on top of that his production doesn't suffer. He runs the entire game with an almost endless motor and produces both ways.

You want to focus on Klay's strengths, but when in actuality he's much more well rounded than you give him credit for. He's not Harden or Jokic or guys like that who impact the game in multiple facets, but the facets he does is so far above everyone else at his level you have to consider that.
Great insight, and FTR I never said he's not a very good player. Just because you don't appreciate Love's game doesn't mean I think Klay is not an excellent player.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think many people were arguing that. It's mostly DT's dumbing down of Klay's actual impact. Reducing it to he can "shoot and play a little D" is one of the most disrespectful things you can say about his ability and importance.

It shouldn't have taken a "bash Kevin Love" route, but the hot takes were amazing, lol.
Except I never said Klay was not a very good player. The one getting bashed the most in this thread is Love.

Does this mean you agree with his idea Love is a top 10 big man? I'm not so sure Klay is a top 10 wing player.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Klay is a really really good player- and they both have their strengths and weaknesses.

I dunno.

Klay Thompson is a guy that needs guys around him. One of the best shooters of all time thats for sure.

IT would be interesting to see his game else where and how it translates and see if he is as prolific- he gets an awful lot of spacing on that team. If you switched him and Love out for eachtoher on those Twolves teams i think that team does better with Love.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except I never said Klay was not a very good player. The one getting bashed the most in this thread is Love.

Does this mean you agree with his idea Love is a top 10 big man? I'm not so sure Klay is a top 10 wing player.
No you are butthurt because no one agrees Love is better than Klay. Just like you say you are not bashing Klay, we are not bashing Love. Just pointing out that Klay is better, which he is.