• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Lakers were sitting at the 4 seed it wasn't so laughable. Remember when Toronto shat themselves every time they faced him in the playoffs? It happened a lot so it should ring a bell.

And this has to do what with this topic?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair to say wait and see how the cap space is used, but I'm just not buying the excuses of why he was let go - didn't like his role, for instance. How about have Magic sit down with him and convince him to stay and show him how he could succeed? Not in Magic's wheelhouse?

And I'm saying if the Cavs let him go under the same circumstances.....they'd get ripped and the FO would be blamed for not convincing him to stay.

That is just it though.

It doesn't matter how the cap space ends up being used. It was a gamble the Lakers had to make.

Because the current young core + LeBron + Randle is not good enough to contend.

But if you substitute a guy like Kawhi, PG or KD for Randle, then it sure would be.

Yes, the Lakers would be a playoff team this year with Randle, IMO. But, They always had to let Randle walk and gamble that they could sign another star player. Even if it doesn't ever manifest it was 100% the correct move.

Because the ultimate goal for LA is to win a title, not to win 50 games and bow out in the second round.

You keep saying you get it, but your posts on the matter tell a different story.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is taking Love AFTER that series to build a team but you. So do what you say you do & admit you're wrong on that as well so we can move on.
you can move on if you want, but most people who have a brain will base their opinions on 400+ games over 5-6, with a few of those post concussion.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bogut was not a role player, he was their starting center. @CitySushi already explained Kerr's usage of Bogut to you. But, you want to continue to call him a role player & post his +/- stats which doesn't tell the entire story, but instead fits your propaganda. So, I'm moving on from this.
He's a starting center in name only. Please tell me you don't think Bogut was a more integral piece than Iggy who was playing around 30 minutes as opposed to 12. stop embarrassing yourself.

+/- is propaganda?

And so you are aware, citysushi is a rational poster with the ability to hear both sides in a discussion and made this comment - You're probably more right in that his impact in games 6 and 7 would likely be negligible. Where we disagree is that negligible ability in game 6 and game 7 could have swung a game in their favor because of the closeness of the overall series.

and I don't disagree. Bogut COULD have helped in games 6 and 7. But also possible he'd have had limited impact like he did in games 1-5.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can move on if you want, but most people who have a brain will base their opinions on 400+ games over 5-6, with a few of those post concussion.
You should try moving on as well, as the consensus around here is that Love is injury prone & the sample size of that is far greater than him being healthy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was drafting a top 8 I'd pick Lebron #1 and it's not close, Curry then Kyrie (and those 2 are close), Love, Klay, Green, Barnes then TT.

Next would be Iggy, JR, Bogut, Shump.

Agreed on LeBron.

But you are also a Cleveland fan and might be biased here.

Curry might not be a lot better than Kyrie, but he is a lot more valuable because his style fits so seemlessly with teammates. There is a reason Giannis picked him first at the all star draft.

Kyrie is a better player than Klay, but impact has mostly washed across 3 Finals. And yes, Kyrie got the best of him in 2016. But whether I am starting my team with LeBron or Curry, Klay is simply the better complementary piece because e does most of his damage off ball and is the better defender. Ditto for Dray over Love, although I would probably prefer Love if I had LeBron.

And Iggy was hands down the 7th best player. Far better than Barnes or TT.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a starting center in name only. Please tell me you don't think Bogut was a more integral piece than Iggy who was playing around 30 minutes as opposed to 12. stop embarrassing yourself.

+/- is propaganda?
As I've said, @CitySushi already laid out how Bogut contributed. If you can't comprehend that then there is nothing I can do to help you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is just it though.

It doesn't matter how the cap space ends up being used. It was a gamble the Lakers had to make.

Because the current young core + LeBron + Randle is not good enough to contend.

But if you substitute a guy like Kawhi, PG or KD for Randle, then it sure would be.

Yes, the Lakers would be a playoff team this year with Randle, IMO. But, They always had to let Randle walk and gamble that they could sign another star player. Even if it doesn't ever manifest it was 100% the correct move.

Because the ultimate goal for LA is to win a title, not to win 50 games and bow out in the second round.

You keep saying you get it, but your posts on the matter tell a different story.
Ok, but after this season would they not have had the room to have kept Randle AND brought in a star? Or how about this.....they could have used Randle in a trade for AD. Clearly NO likes him, right?

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it possible Lakers fans will start turning on the King?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should try moving on as well, as the consensus around here is that Love is injury prone & the sample size of that is far greater than him being healthy.
Great, let me know everyone who takes Klay over Love if they were picking a roster among GS and Cavs players from their 2016 teams.

Not sure anyone but you takes the guy who can shoot, play a little D and not much else over the big guy who can go 20-10 and also shoot.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great, let me know everyone who takes Klay over Love if they were picking a roster among GS and Cavs players from their 2016 teams.

Not sure anyone but you takes the guy who can shoot, play a little D and not much else over the big guy who can go 20-10 and also shoot.
You can easily solve for this by starting a poll.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on LeBron.

Curry might not be a lot better than Kyrie, but he is a lot more valuable because his style fits so seemlessly with teammates. There is a reason Giannis picked him first at the all star draft.

Kyrie is a better player than Klay, but impact has mostly washed across 3 Finals. And yes, Kyrie got the best of him in 2016. But whether I am starting my team with LeBron or Curry, Klay is simply the better complementary piece because e does most of his damage off ball and is the better defender. Ditto for Dray over Love, although I would probably prefer Love if I had LeBron.

I'm not talking about basing off 7 games, though, I'm basing it off who I'm taking and for that I might care more about the hundreds of other games they played.

I can get behind Curry for sure being better, though by your own logic, Kyrie outplayed him in the 2016 Finals so shouldn't you think Kyrie is better or it's close?

Klay can shoot, play a little D and not much else. 20-10 guys who can make 3s are a little harder to find. And while the guy is a bit of a nutjob, to not take Kyrie over Klay? come on. Because he doesn't create his own shot and does damage off ball?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on LeBron.

That is because they had Durant. How much impact would those 3 have had if Durant was on Cle in the finals instead of GS? Not much

Lets face it if Kyrie and curry are close and green and Love are close...the decided factor is Lebron...It's why a healthy lebron, love and Irving would never lose to Curry, Green, Thompson ever, even if they have HC

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no words for your level of incompetence here, and can only hope someone else tells you how foolish you are.

you get we are talking about 2016, right? McFly?

Not even Wiggy is taking Love over Klay.

Sorry, you on you own here.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about basing off 7 games, though, I'm basing it off who I'm taking and for that I might care more about the hundreds of other games they played.

I can get behind Curry for sure being better, though by your own logic, Kyrie outplayed him in the 2016 Finals so shouldn't you think Kyrie is better or it's close?

Klay can shoot, play a little D and not much else. 20-10 guys who can make 3s are a little harder to find. And while the guy is a bit of a nutjob, to not take Kyrie over Klay? come on. Because he doesn't create his own shot and does damage off ball?

Curry played that series a couple weeks after rushing back from a torn meniscus.

Was Irving better in the 2016 Finals?

Yes.

Is he Close to Curry's level in terms of his impact on helping his team win basketball games?

Definitively no.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe they used the death lineup more in his absence, which is their best lineup. I get some cannot admit their logic might be off, but the guy was a -25 in 60 minutes on the floor. That's alarming.

Let me take this.

Yes, the Warrior best lineup was the death lineup.

But, you can't play that lineup for 48 minutes. Bogus was a strong option when GS needed to be big.

While he was -25 for the series, -21 of that and in game 3 when the Cavs beat the breaks off GS (without the "great" Kevin Love).

Festus Ezeli, on the other hand, was an atrocious -26 over 24 minutes in games 6 and 7.

Ezeli's minutes were as impactful as anyone on the Cleveland roster outside of LeBron and Kyrie. And had Bogut been healthy, he doesn't see the court.