• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, but after this season would they not have had the room to have kept Randle AND brought in a star? Or how about this.....they could have used Randle in a trade for AD. Clearly NO likes him, right?

That is just it.

They were trying to get a second star last summer.

They HAD to renounce Randle's rights before they could even entertain the possibility. Once they renounced Randle, he was gone.

And no. They would not have had cap space this year for another max because they surely would have had to pay Randle more than the 9 million he is getting now.

Would his contract have helped in a Davis trade?

Doubtful. NO was always going to wait to see Boston and NYs offers.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is just it.

They HAD to renounce Randle's rights before they could even entertain the possibility. Once they renounced Randle, he was gone.

And no. They would not have had cap space this year for another max because they surely would have had to pay Randle more than the 9 million he is getting now.

so your saying that if given the choice between an equal contract from the New Orleans Pelicans, baskebtall siberia, and the grand and magical Magic Johnson in LA htat Randle would take the deal from New Orleans.

alrighty then.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about basing off 7 games, though, I'm basing it off who I'm taking and for that I might care more about the hundreds of other games they played.

I can get behind Curry for sure being better, though by your own logic, Kyrie outplayed him in the 2016 Finals so shouldn't you think Kyrie is better or it's close?

Klay can shoot, play a little D and not much else. 20-10 guys who can make 3s are a little harder to find. And while the guy is a bit of a nutjob, to not take Kyrie over Klay? come on. Because he doesn't create his own shot and does damage off ball?

How much better has Kyrie made Boston?

He is a great player. No doubt. If I have to build a franchise around 1 I take Kyrie 100% of the time.

But if I have other great players too, I take Klay 100% of the time.

Because Klay has no ego and he always fits. Kyrie ain't so easy to play with. That is showing with Boston's struggles this year.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so your saying that if given the choice between an equal contract from the New Orleans Pelicans, baskebtall siberia, and the grand and magical Magic Johnson in LA htat Randle would take the deal from New Orleans.

alrighty then.

Yeah.

Because the Lakers already made it clear they weren't invested in him. It was personal.

And Randle asked to be renounced when he saw the writing on the wall.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me take this.

Yes, the Warrior best lineup was the death lineup.

But, you can't play that lineup for 48 minutes. Bogus was a strong option when GS needed to be big.

While he was -25 for the series, -21 of that and in game 3 when the Cavs beat the breaks off GS (without the "great" Kevin Love).

Festus Ezeli, on the other hand, was an atrocious -26 over 24 minutes in games 6 and 7.

Ezeli's minutes were as impactful as anyone on the Cleveland roster outside of LeBron and Kyrie. And had Bogut been healthy, he doesn't see the court.

PREACH!

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is just it.

DT has been told this a few 1000 times over the last few weeks.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok this nbatv players only is getting corny now. Either broadcast from the fuckin arena, or play the teams every day announcers

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wait my bad, they are broadcasting from the arena. Ok I'll save this post for next time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conserving energy, he's 34.....he ain't a young buck anymore.
dude, lebron used to conserve energy- and smartly

that is some next level shit though....if he used to ramp it up on defense a certain amount of the time because he was conserving energy, he is "conserving energy" a lot more than at any time inhis career.