• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry played that series a couple weeks after rushing back from a torn meniscus.

Was Irving better in the 2016 Finals?

Yes.

Is he Close to Curry's level in terms of his impact on helping his team win basketball games?

Definitively no.
something to be said here as I don't know what's wrong with this guy mentally.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it possible Lakers fans will start turning on the King?
A guy who was with the team most of the time he was here just said they are missing a guy like Lue. say what ya will, but he was willing to get in Lebron's face at times like these and tell him he's being a douche. Only guy on LA who might be able to to that is Magic.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me take this.

Yes, the Warrior best lineup was the death lineup.

But, you can't play that lineup for 48 minutes. Bogus was a strong option when GS needed to be big.

While he was -25 for the series, -21 of that and in game 3 when the Cavs beat the breaks off GS (without the "great" Kevin Love).

Festus Ezeli, on the other hand, was an atrocious -26 over 24 minutes in games 6 and 7.

Ezeli's minutes were as impactful as anyone on the Cleveland roster outside of LeBron and Kyrie. And had Bogut been healthy, he doesn't see the court.
Good points, but even without including Game 3, Bogut had a positive impact in one game. He was -14 in the other 3 with 0 his best.

And Ezeli's -17 in Game 6 not as bad as Bogut's -21 in Game 2.

another fun fact. In the CRUCIAL game 7 (that word OK, @LAD?), Kevin Love was a +19 while Klay was -11.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was an article about his 3 point shot.....

It's a great clickbait article, but it will be all academic once he signs the extension.
If.

If he signs his extension.

No player has ever turned down a max rookie extension.

BUT, Porzingis could be the first to buck that trend.

Ben and Kristaps situation couldn't be anymore different.

Simmons is winning, the Knicks were a shit show.

But, Klutch...

Those fuckers are slimmy.

They " hired " his sister while he was in college to have a direct pipeline to him and his family.

They are pros at trying to circumvent the system to tamper and likely got away with funneling thia guy money as a amateur.

Let's hope Ben is smart enough to do what's best for his career and not what's best for LeBron.

If he wants to emulate his mentor, just remember how LeBron left Wade in Miami and everyone in Cleveland, high and dry , TWICE, because it was what's best for HIM and his family.

Let me be clear:

I don't believe this article is based in fact.

But, it makes you think.

I really dislike Rich Paul, Klutch and the manipulative aspects of James.

Love his game.

Dislike his team building methods.

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is just it.

They were trying to get a second star last summer.

They HAD to renounce Randle's rights before they could even entertain the possibility. Once they renounced Randle, he was gone.

And no. They would not have had cap space this year for another max because they surely would have had to pay Randle more than the 9 million he is getting now.

Would his contract have helped in a Davis trade?

Doubtful. NO was always going to wait to see Boston and NYs offers.
And all this would matter if they got the 2nd star. But they failed. as I said in a previous email, different story if they ever get him and having Randle's contract would have stopped it, but we don't know if that would have happened.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much better has Kyrie made Boston?

He is a great player. No doubt. If I have to build a franchise around 1 I take Kyrie 100% of the time.

But if I have other great players too, I take Klay 100% of the time.

Because Klay has no ego and he always fits. Kyrie ain't so easy to play with. That is showing with Boston's struggles this year.
Maybe if you have already have Curry, sure, but if you don't then you are taking Kyrie over Klay and it's not close.

I suspect if they have an actual draft of the 2 teams and Cavs go first (off 2016 teams) the Cavs take Lebron, GS takes Curry and the Cavs take Kyrie. You really think they'd take Klay over Kyrie?

I guess you could say they might and figure GS wouldn't take Kyrie because they have Curry, but clearly Kyrie has a far greater impact. OTOH GS might take Kyrie to make sure the Cavs didn't get him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

Because the Lakers already made it clear they weren't invested in him. It was personal.

And Randle asked to be renounced when he saw the writing on the wall.
And Magic doesn't have the ability to smooth things over?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT has been told this a few 1000 times over the last few weeks.
Yep...and can come back any time with wondering why you think Magic is not allowed to talk to Randle and straighten things out with him....sell him on LA.

Not a lot of faith in Magic's people skills?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude, lebron used to conserve energy- and smartly

that is some next level shit though....if he used to ramp it up on defense a certain amount of the time because he was conserving energy, he is "conserving energy" a lot more than at any time inhis career.
In his defense, he did jump once.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If.

That's a good point. Though Lebron did not sign a max in years after his rookie deal. He might have been the first to do that....of course, he had made a ton in endorsements. Not sure if anyone has followed his lead and left years/money on the table after rookie deals.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tied for 10th, 11th in the West and 2 games under .500 at the end of February.

in my wildest dreams i never would have imagined it would be at this level

i thought htey might miss the plyoffs if it took like 46-48 wins to make it

its gonna take way less than 48 wins- if it took 48 wins it would be over right now.

We shall see.

I still think that LeBron will find a way- esp. with the Spurs kind of sucking, the Clippers dumping at the deadline and the youth of the Kings.

LeBron missing the playoffs would be insane- but there is definitely a solid chance at this point.
That's how I see it. Loving this, but I wouldn't put anything past Lebron other than knocking off GS in a series.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If.

Ben and Kristaps situation couldn't be anymore different.

Simmons is winning, the Knicks were a shit show.

But, Klutch...

Those fuckers are slimmy.

They " hired " his sister while he was in college to have a direct pipeline to him and his family.

They are pros at trying to circumvent the system to tamper and likely got away with funneling thia guy money as a amateur.

Let's hope Ben is smart enough to do what's best for his career and not what's best for LeBron.

If he wants to emulate his mentor, just remember how LeBron left Wade in Miami and everyone in Cleveland, high and dry , TWICE, because it was what's best for HIM and his family.

Let me be clear:

I don't believe this article is based in fact.

But, it makes you think.

I really dislike Rich Paul, Klutch and the manipulative aspects of James.

Love his game.

Dislike his team building methods.

Speculation sells.
Going through it now with the Bryce Harper saga....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy who was with the team most of the time he was here just said they are missing a guy like Lue. say what ya will, but he was willing to get in Lebron's face at times like these and tell him he's being a douche. Only guy on LA who might be able to to that is Magic.

Walton is terrified of Lebron. He won't last long.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...and can come back any time with wondering why you think Magic is not allowed to talk to Randle and straighten things out with him....sell him on LA.

Not a lot of faith in Magic's people skills?

Reading comprehension sucks for you. You've been told a bunch of times why he left. You suffer from Aspergers?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading comprehension sucks for you. You've been told a bunch of times why he left. You suffer from Aspergers?
I have been told a number of times and often the main reason is his feelings were hurt. Funny after your comment this has escaped you.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he looks bigger than i have evere seen him

I forget who the guest was on Cowherd yesterday.

But he said the same thing. He said Lebron looks like he's about 280 right now and is basically out of shape right now.

He said that he thinks the problem is that Lebron has never dealt with an injury that kept him out for any significant time, so he had no plan for how to handle it. Especially an injury like a groin injury that limits a players ability to work out.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would not put any of this shit passed Klutch.

BUT, damn.....

Talk about rampant, early and unfounded speculation.....lol

In the summer of 2021, after that option season, Simmons would be an unrestricted free agent; his mentor on the Lakers would then be 36 years old, and likely looking for a steady hand into which he might pass his franchise’s torch—or, if Klutch is able to make good on their recently failed efforts, another star to share it with Davis.

It is clear that the Lakers’ president of basketball operations, Magic Johnson, is extremely into the prospect of this particular future. Simmons himself appeared to wish for it during the 2016 NBA Draft Lottery—in One & Done, he is shown watching the broadcast of the event and miming his hypothetical reactions if either the Sixers or the Lakers got the first pick and the right to sign him. When he imagines the Lakers getting it, he celebrates; when he imagines going to the Sixers, he shrugs wryly. Earlier in the movie, a Lakers blanket is visible in the background of his apartment. Currently, he dates L.A.-based famous person Kendall Jenner. You can decide what this all means.

Ben Simmons Could Break The NBA In Ways Even LeBron Couldn't

That's what the Lakers need out there after all of the AD stuff. :L