• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again... the 15 minute cutoff is likely a product of the small handful of game where Baynes got hurt in the middle of a contest.

Fair enough here... beating Philly, Milwaukee and Toronto stand out as relevant if we're talking about the Eastern Conference Playoffs, and we are.
Also fair enough with the last comment, but kind of a small sample size. And I have to think you realize what happens in the reg. season as far as record vs. opponent means little in the postseason.

I didn't look into it closely, but what I got from this was Stevens chooses to play him more against the bad teams and less against the good ones.

Last edited:

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't look into it closely, but what I got from this was Stevens chooses to play him more against the bad teams and less against the good ones.
I follow the C's pretty closely... and I haven't noticed any such pattern at all.

Rather, Baynes has simple had a number of bumps and bruises and missed stretches of time this year.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again... the 15 minute cutoff is likely a product of the small handful of game where Baynes got hurt in the middle of a contest.

Fair enough here... beating Philly, Milwaukee and Toronto stand out as relevant if we're talking about the Eastern Conference Playoffs, and we are.

I'll take Baynes any day on the Warriors squad.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88

I have no words for your level of incompetence here, and can only hope someone else tells you how foolish you are.

you get we are talking about 2016, right? McFly?
Not even Wiggy is taking Love over Klay.

Sorry, you on you own here.

Looks like your getting plenty of practice with being a man of your word & having to admit you're wrong....:dhd:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him or K. Faried

Faried would have also been nice, but I think he's in the perfect spot with Houston. I think his role with the Warriors would be much different and Houston is highlighting his strengths which help. The Warriors run very minimal pick and roll so there's no rim runs for Faried. Also because of the isolation type of offense Houston runs, Faried can just crash the boards all day whereas he'd be much more in motion and likely away from the basket some with the Warriors. He'd definitely be an upgrade, but he's in the best spot for himself right now.

Reactions: LAD

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Baynes any day on the Warriors squad.
The guy has muscle and knows how to play defense.

I admit... I wouldn't have thought him as valuable to the Celtics as he has become... it's odd that a relatively slow footed big can be as effective as he is on defense in this day and age... but Baynes got smarts and instincts that trump his weaknesses.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Thunder need to avoid Utah in round 1 if possible.
I said the same thing last year & was right because they lost in the first round to Utah.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If.

If he signs his extension.

No player has ever turned down a max rookie extension.

BUT, Porzingis could be the first to buck that trend.

Ben and Kristaps situation couldn't be anymore different.

Simmons is winning, the Knicks were a shit show.

But, Klutch...

Those fuckers are slimmy.

They " hired " his sister while he was in college to have a direct pipeline to him and his family.

They are pros at trying to circumvent the system to tamper and likely got away with funneling thia guy money as a amateur.

Let's hope Ben is smart enough to do what's best for his career and not what's best for LeBron.

If he wants to emulate his mentor, just remember how LeBron left Wade in Miami and everyone in Cleveland, high and dry , TWICE, because it was what's best for HIM and his family.

Let me be clear:

I don't believe this article is based in fact.

But, it makes you think.

I really dislike Rich Paul, Klutch and the manipulative aspects of James.

Love his game.

Dislike his team building methods
The bolded text has always been my reason for my strong dislike of him.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if you have already have Curry, sure, but if you don't then you are taking Kyrie over Klay and it's not close.

I suspect if they have an actual draft of the 2 teams and Cavs go first (off 2016 teams) the Cavs take Lebron, GS takes Curry and the Cavs take Kyrie. You really think they'd take Klay over Kyrie?

I guess you could say they might and figure GS wouldn't take Kyrie because they have Curry, but clearly Kyrie has a far greater impact. OTOH GS might take Kyrie to make sure the Cavs didn't get him.
The one thing that is clear is that Curry is the better choice over Kyrie - his 3 titles as a leader in GS is the only proof we needed while Kyrie continues to struggle as the team's leader in Bos. The only person this isn't clear to is you.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point you have to consider firing Luke just to get LeBron to play with some energy again.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...and can come back any time with wondering why you think Magic is not allowed to talk to Randle and straighten things out with him....sell him on LA.

Not a lot of faith in Magic's people skills?
Because Randall wanted to be paid & LA didn't want to pay him what he wanted. There isn't much to straighten out in that case.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing that is clear is that Curry is the better choice over Kyrie - his 3 titles as a leader in GS is the only proof we needed while Kyrie continues to struggle as the team's leader in Bos. The only person this isn't clear to is you.

Kyrie's a damn good player. But he'll never be the guy that puts a team on his shoulders & wins a title. That's not who he is.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Lakers miss the playoffs by 1 game.:hope:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Faried would have also been nice, but I think he's in the perfect spot with Houston. I think his role with the Warriors would be much different and Houston is highlighting his strengths which help. The Warriors run very minimal pick and roll so there's no rim runs for Faried. Also because of the isolation type of offense Houston runs, Faried can just crash the boards all day whereas he'd be much more in motion and likely away from the basket some with the Warriors. He'd definitely be an upgrade, but he's in the best spot for himself right now.
I think his toughness & rebounding abilities is what would've helped GS the most.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie's a damn good player. But he'll never be the guy that puts a team on his shoulders & wins a title. That's not who he is.
And this is why Curry is the better choice IMO because he IS a leader.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why Curry is the better choice IMO because he IS a leader.

Steph is fun to watch. Too bad he plays w/ Beavis (KD) & Butthead (Dray). The only thing missing from his HOF resume is a Finals MVP. Maybe he gets it this year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ChiefsLakers67

If the Lakers miss the playoffs it's proof that not even LeHollywood can get that awful roster back to the post season. Time to blow that shit up!

tenor (1).gif

Although if the Lakers sneak into the playoffs there would be some funny irony of the Warriors taking care of yet another LeBron led squad.:heh:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what's funny?

Robert Kraft getting busted.:laugh3: That's one horny senior citizen.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes it's hard for people to see what's right in front of their nose

Reactions: LAD