• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is that they couldn't sign or agree to anything before Lebron signed.

Randle signed with the Pelicans before Lebron signed with the Lakers. That meant the Lakers couldn't sign him no matter how much they may have had available.

It's really not that complicated.

Virtually everyone on here disagrees with you and virtually everyone has explained this to you.
Math not your strong suit it would seem. They had, what, $70 mil or so going into FA? I get if they were getting 2 max guys there is no room for Randle but here's a flash....they did not get the 2nd max guy and there was room. sure, you'd have to sacrifice from among Rondo, Lance and McGee.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, Randle signed first. So the Lakers couldn't do anything at that point.
well, sure, but how about change his mind before it came to that? That's the point, they either didn't try or didn't think they should keep him.

No matter how often you tell me "others keep trying to tell me...."

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I say it didn't matter? I simply say a team of Kyrie, Durant, Green, Klay et al win the title the last 2 years and again this year. You disagree? Who's beating them?
Maybe Houston last year? Maybe whatever team Curry is on instead?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree, but they had enough cap space to figure something out. I don't think it would have taken JJ money. He wouldn't take, say, 15 mil on a 1 year deal over 18 mil for 2?

Tough to say, but I think given the fact that Randle requested to have his rights renounced it seems like he was intent on leaving. I think it would have taken a big number for him to reconsider given the circumstances.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was drafting a top 8 I'd pick Lebron #1 and it's not close, Curry then Kyrie (and those 2 are close), Love, Klay, Green, Barnes then TT.

Apology accepted
Gayness noted

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speculation sells.
Going through it now with the Bryce Harper saga....

That's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

Apparently the Phillies offered him 10 years and $350 million.

It looks like the Dodgers offer is 5 or 6 years, with the same money annually.

I heard the Giants just came in with a 10 year offer, but I haven't heard the dollar amount (assume it's the same as the Phillies).

It's being said that he has said he wants to be a Dodger and the Dodgers are considered the favorite to get him.

But the Dodgers don't seem willing to give him 10 years.

Any of those offers will be a record amount as far annual money.

Looks like it will come down to where he supposedly wants to play vs. the length of the contract.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to say, but I think given the fact that Randle requested to have his rights renounced it seems like he was intent on leaving. I think it would have taken a big number for him to reconsider given the circumstances.
Might have been but Magic doesn't have it in him to change his mind or at least try?

"I get last year didn't go exactly how you hoped, Julius, but we have bigger plans this year for you and the team. I know what you are capable of now just go out and show Luke and MAKE him play you how you want."

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy who was with the team most of the time he was here just said they are missing a guy like Lue. say what ya will, but he was willing to get in Lebron's face at times like these and tell him he's being a douche. Only guy on LA who might be able to to that is Magic.

I'd like to see Luke get in his face and basically tell him to stfu and play basketball.

Based on reports that he'll supposedly be fired at the end of the season….

What's he got to lose?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Math not your strong suit it would seem. They had, what, $70 mil or so going into FA? I get if they were getting 2 max guys there is no room for Randle but here's a flash....they did not get the 2nd max guy and there was room. sure, you'd have to sacrifice from among Rondo, Lance and McGee.

Apparently you've never seen a calendar.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard the Giants just came in with a 10 year offer, but I haven't heard the dollar amount (assume it's the same as the Phillies).

It's being said that he has said he wants to be a Dodger and the Dodgers are considered the favorite to get him.

Looks like it will come down to where he supposedly wants to play vs. the length of the contract.
Have to say I rip on the Tribe a lot for not being willing to spend but even if they had the money I would understand staying out of this. Sure, he's had a much better career and is younger, but his 2018 was pretty much the same as Aaron Hicks.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see Luke get in his face and basically tell him to stfu and play basketball.

Based on reports that he'll supposedly be fired at the end of the season….

What's he got to lose?

Right now Luke's the victim of circumstance. No one would place any real blame on him by having Lebron getting you fired. It's a occupational hazard. But if he then goes on to throw his players under the bus, well that presents a more difficult narrative in trying to secure another job. Just look at why Jason Kidd and Mark Jackson haven't gotten other jobs so far.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bryce to the Giants as confirmed as much as Giannis to the Warriors in 2021. So book it.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And maybe not. Houston almost did beat the team with Curry, BTW, and might have had CP not been hurt.
Thank you for restating my thesis

Also no way Houston wins if Iggy doesn't get hurt

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now Luke's the victim of circumstance. No one would place any real blame on him by having Lebron getting you fired. It's a occupational hazard. But if he then goes on to throw his players under the bus, well that presents a more difficult narrative in trying to secure another job. Just look at why Jason Kidd and Mark Jackson haven't gotten other jobs so far.
Good point, but you could rip into him face to face. Not to the media.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure who he'd be throwing under the bus if he told Lebron to stfu and play basketball.

Heck, it might let the young guys know they have his support. Since Lebron seems to point fingers at them.

Mark Jackson basically was an ass to everyone in the entire Warriors organization or he might still be the coach.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point, but you could rip into him face to face. Not to the media.

When have you ever known Lebron to keep anything quiet and away from the media? Gotta know who you're dealing with. Lebron has played the game better than any player in history.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for restating my thesis

Also no way Houston wins if Iggy doesn't get hurt
I think that last part is true. If you had to bet money on GS with Kyrie against Houston you're taking Houston?