• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gives them better options than putting Festus Ezeli out there for the closing 6 minutes of game 7. You don't think he could have helped facilitate a bucket where the team basically didn't score for the last 5 minutes of the game?

Again, it's not so much volume with Bogut, but he's a game changing option for them.

Having every weapon at your disposal is vital in a championship series.
He was -25 for the series in only 60 minutes. Was said they needed his defense. Did their D really suffer in Game 7 without him?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's one definition - Of crucial importance in relation to the development or success of something else.

Seems like a Game 7 might be a pivotal game in a series for the title. winning Game 7 is OF CRUCIAL IMPORTANCE to winning a title (the something else) And, yes, so is game 5.
lol ok, so you can't comprehend that if they win game 5 that there is NO GAME 7? Hence, game 5 being a pivotal one for them since they lost Dray AND Bogut. SMH

Didn't I tell you to let it alone??

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean that's part of the story.

His defensive rating for the series was 98, when the Warriors team average was 109.8. That's a significant difference. His offense alternately wasn't as good either at 92, but defensively there's no denying he was impactful.

Also take into consideration who gained his minutes, Festus Ezeli. He was 89 ORTG and 110 DRTG. Mo Speights was 83/107. Andy V was 101/119.

Bogut was the best C position player the Warriors had by a WIDE MARGIN. Even if the optimal play was to go small, not having your center there just eliminated any possibility for the alternative.
Or maybe they used the death lineup more in his absence, which is their best lineup. I get some cannot admit their logic might be off, but the guy was a -25 in 60 minutes on the floor. That's alarming.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol ok, so you can't comprehend that if they win game 5 that there is NO GAME 7? Hence, game 5 being a pivotal one for them since they lost Dray AND Bogut. SMH

Didn't I tell you to let it alone??

lad knows her shit, bro...

that's all I'll say about that...

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he meant so much when he was on the court GS was outscored by 25 in the series.

But, hey, you used an "lol" to end your foolish comment, so you've got that at least. Maybe you can shake your head or add an irrelevant GIF/meme next time.
I do lol, or laugh out loud, a lot when interacting with you because you are outrageous at times.

But didn't you say at one point you don't take anything on here seriously? So why you always commenting about me laughing?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuse me, you're correct because I forgot we're grading on a curve...since one of them didn't even play in all 7 games in that series. Hell, one of them didn't even start all of the games they played in that series. Would you like to take a guess at which one of them that was???
Kevin Love did have a couple rough games due to his concussion, but no one before or after that series who knows basketball would take love over Thompson if forming a team among players from both teams.

But my apologies, as I was thinking of the stats from 2017 and forgot how rough things started for Love in 2016.

Reactions: LAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lad knows her shit, bro...

that's all I'll say about that...
I guess she forgot they lost games 3, 6 and 7 with Green on the court in all of them and both of them in game 3 so winning game 5 no lock if Green played? Her "shit" is speculation.....and ignoring Bogut's -25 plus/minus.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love did have a couple rough games due to his concussion, but no one before or after that series who knows basketball would take love over Thompson if forming a team among players from both teams.

But my apologies, as I was thinking of the stats from 2017 and forgot how rough things started for Love in 2016.
The bold was my only point! Thank you for finally saying so!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do lol, or laugh out loud, a lot when interacting with you because you are outrageous at times.

But didn't you say at one point you don't take anything on here seriously? So why you always commenting about me laughing?
Tough to take anyone seriously who makes outlandish comments but thinks they are masked by an "lol".

-25. Mcfly?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess she forgot they lost games 3, 6 and 7 with Green on the court in all of them and both of them in game 3 so winning game 5 no lock if Green played? Her "shit" is speculation.....and ignoring Bogut's -25 plus/minus.
And I guess you forgot they won games 1,2 & 4 with BOTH Dray & Bogut.

Here's a question about your theory. Since Cavs fans always want to remind people that GS only won in 2015 because the Cavs were without Kyrie & Love (both starters on that team) then how come it's so far fetched for them to believe the Dubs possibly lost because their starters were out???

See how that works??

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe they used the death lineup more in his absence, which is their best lineup. I get some cannot admit their logic might be off, but the guy was a -25 in 60 minutes on the floor. That's alarming.

They death lineup was their best lineup, but again you have to ask yourself why? Was it Bogut's ineffectiveness of play? Or was it more of a matchup issue? If you argued it was a matchup issue, I'd have no problems whatsoever. It was a terrible match up for him, which resulted in him getting less minutes and being less impactful overall in the series. But you keep going back to thinking he's some bum that the Warriors were lucky they didn't have to play.

Was Bogut ineffective in the games that he played in the finals? Quite possibly so. I wouldn't argue against that. But saying that he couldn't possibly be a factor in the other games is so short sighted. Again I pointed out the alternative options who got run in his place who were WORSE. By putting Bogut out there instead of those guys was an upgrade in itself.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to take anyone seriously who makes outlandish comments but thinks they are masked by an "lol".

-25. Mcfly?
Well I mean you believe Love is a better pick than Klay, so much of what you say is taken with a grain of salt.

And for the record, lol means laughing out LOUD which is the opposite of masking something.
If we were in person the difference would be you'd be hearing me laugh in your face instead of reading it.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88

We're probably not going to agree on Bogut, so I'll probably let that issue die. You're probably more right in that his impact in games 6 and 7 would likely be negligible. Where we disagree is that negligible ability in game 6 and game 7 could have swung a game in their favor because of the closeness of the overall series.

BUT

With that being said, if Harrison Barnes just plays halfway decent and not like he was some scrub they picked up off the YMCA courts because he looked tall, the Warriors win every game by 20+ easy. Harrison Barnes, not Lebron James, not Kyrie Irving, not Kevin Love, etc..., was the biggest factor in the Cavs winning the championship that year. Absolute fact.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I guess you forgot they won games 1,2 & 4 with BOTH Dray & Bogut.

Here's a question about your theory. Since Cavs fans always want to remind people that GS only won in 2015 because the Cavs were without Kyrie & Love (both starters on that team) then how come it's so far fetched for them to believe the Dubs possibly lost because their starters were out???

See how that works??
Yep, they won Game 1 by 15 points, and Bogut managed a -8 when he played. Won game 4 by 11 and Bogus was even on the court. He was really a world beater

As to your question, first, I never said they only won because those 2 were out. It's only my opinion the Cavs would have won at full strength because they managed 2 wins with Delly as their 2nd best player and nearly pulled off a 3rd. But no way to know.

Next, see if you can understand there is a difference between Green missing a whopping 1 game and a guy who is a role player at best (who was -25 when on the court) missing 2 games to an all star missing the entire series and another all star missing all but 1 game.

If you want math, the 2 Cavs missed 9 of 10 games between them, while the GS players missed 3 of 14.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88

We're probably not going to agree on Bogut, so I'll probably let that issue die. You're probably more right in that his impact in games 6 and 7 would likely be negligible. Where we disagree is that negligible ability in game 6 and game 7 could have swung a game in their favor because of the closeness of the overall series.

BUT

With that being said, if Harrison Barnes just plays halfway decent and not like he was some scrub they picked up off the YMCA courts because he looked tall, the Warriors win every game by 20+ easy. Harrison Barnes, not Lebron James, not Kyrie Irving, not Kevin Love, etc..., was the biggest factor in the Cavs winning the championship that year. Absolute fact.
Truth be told, I was surprised when I saw the -25 for Bogut. I figured I'd seem something between
-2 or 3 to +2 or 3. That has to tell you he was not a positive factor in the series for GS overall.

I don't know about fact and wouldn't want to take away from the Cavs' accomplishment, but I do get your angst towards Barnes as he was garbage.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say it ain't so, Mcfly!
when I mess up I'll say so. Obviously meant anyone would have taken Love before or after that series when selecting a team.....but ya got me. Not what I wrote.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, they won Game 1 by 15 points, and Bogut managed a -8 when he played. Won game 4 by 11 and Bogus was even on the court. He was really a world beater

As to your question, first, I never said they only won because those 2 were out. It's only my opinion the Cavs would have won at full strength because they managed 2 wins with Delly as their 2nd best player and nearly pulled off a 3rd. But no way to know.

Next, see if you can understand there is a difference between Green missing a whopping 1 game and a guy who is a role player at best (who was -25 when on the court) missing 2 games to an all star missing the entire series and another all star missing all but 1 game.

If you want math, the 2 Cavs missed 9 of 10 games between them, while the GS players missed 3 of 14.
Bogut was not a role player, he was their starting center. @CitySushi already explained Kerr's usage of Bogut to you. But, you want to continue to call him a role player & post his +/- stats which doesn't tell the entire story, but instead fits your propaganda. So, I'm moving on from this.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when I mess up I'll say so. Obviously meant anyone would have taken Love before or after that series when selecting a team.....but ya got me. Not what I wrote.
No one is taking Love AFTER that series to build a team but you. So do what you say you do & admit you're wrong on that as well so we can move on.