• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't really matter. Even if they sneak into the playoffs they aren't winning and most of these guys won't be on the roster next season. Magic and the FO will do whatever Lebron wants.
I mean, they already did by offering most of their roster for AD. It didn't work.

Doing everything he can to make his teammates play even worse than before isn't going to help trade them for the guys he wants.

There's just no point to it. Go out, play, hope the team can be respectable and some guys show enough flashes of talent that someone might see them as a good trade chip. WTF are they going to go back to NO with this offseason if everybody on the roster limps into the summer on a low?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Lakers may miss the playoffs. Got to think if they do the Lakers will be a busy team this summer.

lol

The Lakers could win the title and they'll still be busy this off-season.

Half the roster is on 1 year deals, so at the least, they would have to re-sign everybody.

Seriously though, they will be busy this off-season whether they make the playoffs or not.

As I said, about half the roster is on 1 year deals, Reggie Bullock and Mike Muscala, who they just traded for, are going to be UFA's and they need to try to add another top player either via FA or trade.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t see how big of a hypocrite he is after telling the media his teammates need to make basketball their number 1 priority while he is out drinking wine and making rap albums the night before a gm that he sits because of “load management”. The same dude who is making movies, tv shows, and producing shows. Lakers are a few losses away from lebron having another “injury” to end his season

lol

Nothing like inventing shit to criticize a player for. I mean, it's not like there aren't actual legitimate reasons to criticize him.

Now folks want to tell him what time his bed time is.

He's been in the league long enough that I'm pretty sure he knows how to balance his extracurricular activities with basketball.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is most of these young players most likely won't be on the roster at the start of the 2019 season. Lebron will make it a point to the FO to get rid of these guys. I knew it would be like this, he will get who he wants. Just trade some of the young guys and picks for Beal. He is a perfect fit next to Lebron.

Anyone in their right mind couldve predicted they'd ship some of the young guys out. It was significantly more wise for them to stay the course THIS season than do all this and thus hurt the trade value of these guys. No need to air it publicly just go about your business and show what the young guys have to prospective trade partners.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me either. I mean if it hit 15 while they were still in the backcourt then it is a missed call but I saw Luke and Lance going crazy on the bench with the clock at 16

They showed a replay where the stopped the action and the clock was at 15 with the ball still in the back court.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron needs to shut the fuck up. He should open his mouth about leadership, being "activated", knowing what a playoff grind is, any of that stuff. This was a must win game against a garbage team and he spent 3 quarters of the game loafing around, halfassing it on offense and not even bothering on defense. He wasn't engaged until the 4th quarter. The team is checked out because he's checked out. The roster Magic put together is bad enough as it is, but when those vets see Lebron isn't really trying, they damn sure aren't trying (cuz they know they aren't gonna be around anyway) and those vets have been absolutely atrocious tonight and for the last month. He needs to get his head out of his ass. If he plays like he's capable of, they win. If he doesn't want to do that, then just shut the fuck up. Stop blaming the "young guys" because they're the only ones actually trying.

Ingram played his ass off last night.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They showed a replay where the stopped the action and the clock was at 15 with the ball still in the back court.

Just saw the first replay of it. Looks it was 8 second violation but that is a bang bang play in live action. That was a situation where if they shown tenths of a second. He was probably back court at 15.9 but in the front court at 15.7

Should be reviewable IMO

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw the first replay of it. Looks it was 8 second violation but that is a bang bang play in live action. That was a situation where if they shown tenths of a second. He was probably back court at 15.9 but in the front court at 15.7

Should be reviewable IMO

Yeah, the commentators on the Lakers broadcast were saying the same thing last night about how it should, at the least, be reviewable in the last 2 minutes. Just about everything else is.

The refs were pretty bad late in the game last night. They aren't the reason the Lakers lost because they never should have been in that position against a team like the Grizzlies in the first place.

There was a call shortly before that one that should have been goaltending because the ball was literally sitting on the rim like it was trying to decide whether or not to go in and a Grizzlies player knocked it off the rim.

At least it should put to rest any conspiracy theories about the refs being instructed to help the Lakers get to the playoffs. lol

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

The Lakers could win the title and they'll still be busy this off-season.

Half the roster is on 1 year deals, so at the least, they would have to re-sign everybody.

Seriously though, they will be busy this off-season whether they make the playoffs or not.

As I said, about half the roster is on 1 year deals, Reggie Bullock and Mike Muscala, who they just traded for, are going to be UFA's and they need to try to add another top player either via FA or trade.

It will be interesting to see what the Lakers do in the offseason if they DON'T get one of the big names which I don't think they will.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the commentators on the Lakers broadcast were saying the same thing last night about how it should, at the least, be reviewable in the last 2 minutes. Just about everything else is.

The refs were pretty bad late in the game last night. They aren't the reason the Lakers lost because they never should have been in that position against a team like the Grizzlies in the first place.

There was a call shortly before that one that should have been goaltending because the ball was literally sitting on the rim like it was trying to decide whether or not to go in and a Grizzlies player knocked it off the rim.

At least it should put to rest any conspiracy theories about the refs being instructed to help the Lakers get to the playoffs. lol
Ya know that's not dying. When things don't go someone's way it's either blame the coach or refs.....or shout conspiracy.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I happen to understand, dj, but also know the Cavs would have been roasted with this approach and no one would make excuses for them if a guy like Randle was allowed to get away.
You're not wrong about how the Cavs with LeBron were perceived, but man you just keep bringing it up. We get it, let it go. That chip on your shoulder is bigger than your 2016 trophy

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget million Dollar Mile!

This year has been a disaster for LA. Still though, if they get the pieces they need next summer, it could still end up being tremendously positive. If they don't, then ouch.

I will still maintain though, while LeBron has hindered development of some, this core + Randle was on their way to being a solid NBA team, but they were never going to be a great NBA without landing at least 1 big FA.

LeBron might not have been the right FA to add, but obviously LA was going to sign him if given the opportunity 100 times out of 100.
Oh, I agree.

The Kiddie Corps are nice pieces.

But, none seem to be foundational talents to build around.

I also agree you sign LeBron anytime you have the chance.

But, we have to acknowledge the fact that this is exactly what Durant's was referring to when he mentioned the toxic environment that surrounds LeBron.

It's not just the media.

It's his team too.

Question...

Who in their right mind wouldn't want to play with a guy who is incredibly dominant, and unselfish, at the same time?

Answer...

A guy who doesn't want to get sold off or traded in for another guy that's a LeBron stablemate because Klutch Sports has an agenda.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd have to think other stars in the league see this. When you're on Lebron's team and you guys win, it's Lebron that gets the credit. Lose, and everyone points blame at the rest of the roster. That was clearly Lebron's guy.
This.

This is why guys, allegedly, don't want to play with him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, they already did by offering most of their roster for AD. It didn't work.

Doing everything he can to make his teammates play even worse than before isn't going to help trade them for the guys he wants.

There's just no point to it. Go out, play, hope the team can be respectable and some guys show enough flashes of talent that someone might see them as a good trade chip. WTF are they going to go back to NO with this offseason if everybody on the roster limps into the summer on a low?

I think trading for Beal is the best option in the offseason and it won't take everything like it will for AD.

Yeah true but the frustration is building. I knew he wouldnt be satisfied with not getting deep into the playoffs but not making the playoffs...that is a different story. He realizes that these young guys aren't improving much and it is getting past the boiling point but I really think he is trying to drive these teammates to do better. It worked on past teams but he had veterans, this is different...the core is all young.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo, Hart, Chandler, Lance = Poo Poo platter.

Can't be them. They weren't in talks and plus they are veterans. Hart haven't been the same since he got hurt way before the trade deadline.