• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still think it is stupid? Are you ok with a game ending at .9 instead of when there are all zeros?

When there are 16 seconds on the shot clock, there are actually 16 seconds plus a few tenths. If the refs called an eight-second violation as soon as the clock hit :16, they would actually be whistling the play dead at :16.9 — robbing the offensive team of almost a full second.

Read more at: NBA’s Seemingly Contradictory Shot Clock, Eight-Second Violation Rule Really Not That Complicated

Don't come at me with facts.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not wrong about how the Cavs with LeBron were perceived, but man you just keep bringing it up. We get it, let it go. That chip on your shoulder is bigger than your 2016 trophy
I wont disagree I bring it up often but never out of context. And if everyone stopped making comments they have already made many times this board might die.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball can't seem to stay healthy and Ingram is inconsistent.

But it will be just as hard to bring in a big time star next year as it was this past year.

Before we call Ball injury prone, let's realize that his injuries this year were recovery from his offseason surgery early on, then recovery from a rolled ankle (current). Not exactly worrisome of a pattern of any sort.

Ingram is inconsistent, but improving. He's at the mercy of Lebron's whims to a degree, but has really been trending upwards of late as he has been encouraged to be more aggressive. He's put up 27/13, 29/5, and 32/6 since the all-star break, including 6 of his last 7 threes over the last 2 games surprisingly.

As far as next summer, the odds may be similar as most of the targets will be coming from seasons on playoff teams; it will depend on how happy they are and how the postseason plays out. The longer it takes to try and get a star FA, they may just end up with one or two with their in-house prospects instead (Ingram, Kuzma).

This team misses Ball more than most realize. Not for his scoring (although he was trending upwards there before his injury), but for his control of the offense and his defense. Most of these bad losses of late can be traced to great PG performances by the opponent. Rondo hasn't been starting, and doesn't have much of a defensive impact these days. The Lakers simply don't stop the ball consistently enough without Lonzo.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't be them. They weren't in talks and plus they are veterans. Hart haven't been the same since he got hurt way before the trade deadline.

Yeah, I wouldn't include Hart in that. He's a promising depth player at least, while the others are just barely hanging on to their careers. Rondo is good in limited minutes, but has become a liability on defense.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's far from him. It's your FO, staff and they don't exactly have a good bench, most of the young players aren't progressing like they thought. Great rebuild LOL. The Cavs are building a better rebuild in less time so far and they haven't drafted their 2019 top 3 pick yet.

well, of course YOU'D say that considering LeClown's dick is lodged so far up your ass you'll say he has no culpability...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lapd, LA County Sheriffs need to be proactive and just deploy the anti-graffiti task force to protect the LAbron murals throughout the City.

Those fuckers are gonna get vandalized, repeatedly, this Summer.

LA is getting fully invaded by Kobestan

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly agree, and need to mention I didn't watch the game but from the stats it looks like Kuzma and Ingram did their part to try and get a win. Bench was a disaster.

For most of the game, Kuzma and Ingram were the best players on the court. They aren't the problem yet Lebron keeps shading them in all his post game interviews. It's Lebron and the vets that Magic signed that have been terrible.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont disagree I bring it up often but never out of context. And if everyone stopped making comments they have already made many times this board might die.
Just sayin', you can move on with your life now

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You shut your damn mouth about Draymond!

Oh wait, what were talking about?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my outside perspective, I think the Lakers have the perfect storm or everything going against their favor. And for as much blame as you want to place on Lebron, there's plenty to go around with EVERYONE.

1) Luke Walton has been on the hot-seat since Lebron joined the team. As far as I can recall his game plans and rotations have been sketchy at best. He owns some responsibility here.

2) Magic and Pelinka did a HORRIBLE job or surrounding Lebron and their current cast of long term players with better off-season acquisitions. The only one that truly made any sense was actually Javale McGee, which speaks volumes for what they did. They acquired no outside shooting to pair with the team. It's like they've never watched Lebron play at all before and just threw darts at a dart board looking to fill the roster.

3) Lebron's got responsibility for creating this toxic environment. We all know the shit show that comes along with Lebron, but at the end of the day the ends justify the means. Unfortunately this time around the ends aren't up to par. He gets (and deservedly so) the lionshare for the uneasiness in the locker room.

4) Anthony Davis. Somewhere along the way the vision and direction of the team got skewed. I fully believe that Magic, Pelinka and Lebron all had a conversation previous in the year about the direction of the team and that they were planning on being possibly playoff contending this year but looking to be a real factor next year (hence all their big 1 year deals they signed for the incoming free agents). But at some point Anthony Davis decided he wanted out and it was evident where he wanted to go. By forcing his hand and telling the public he wanted to go to the Lakers, it forced the Lakers hand in trying to make a deal where they weren't in a position to really win. Then they pissed off all the young guys who were rumored in trades that likely were in the future plans for the Lakers. Lebron comes off looking like a bigger asshole because of the Klutch stuff. Now good luck getting any free agents to go to LA next year when they'll have to deal with all the shade that comes their way too.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before we call Ball injury prone, let's realize that his injuries this year were recovery from his offseason surgery early on, then recovery from a rolled ankle (current). Not exactly worrisome of a pattern of any sort.

He missed 30 games last year. He's missed 13 games and counting this year.

Ingram is inconsistent, but improving. He's at the mercy of Lebron's whims to a degree, but has really been trending upwards of late as he has been encouraged to be more aggressive. He's put up 27/13, 29/5, and 32/6 since the all-star break, including 6 of his last 7 threes over the last 2 games surprisingly.

As far as next summer, the odds may be similar as most of the targets will be coming from seasons on playoff teams; it will depend on how happy they are and how the postseason plays out. The longer it takes to try and get a star FA, they may just end up with one or two with their in-house prospects instead (Ingram, Kuzma).

There will be a ton of competition for the 3 or 4 big names hitting the market. It's certainly possible that the Lakers will nab one but the odds are probably against it.

This team misses Ball more than most realize. Not for his scoring (although he was trending upwards there before his injury), but for his control of the offense and his defense. Most of these bad losses of late can be traced to great PG performances by the opponent. Rondo hasn't been starting, and doesn't have much of a defensive impact these days. The Lakers simply don't stop the ball consistently enough without Lonzo.

I agree. Ball is an important piece to the team even if he isn't playing at a high level all round yet.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers need to check on this guy's availability asap...

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao

If this is true.....

@msgkings322 , @CitySushi , @LAD , @Hambombs , @trojanfan12 , @ChiefsLakers67 ,@DJ

Well, that's one way to divide and concur.

Dray gonna let this Asshole break up the Dubs when he demands a max salary or a trade for him.

Writings on the wall....

Not even the champs are immune to pre agency.

This Rich fucker is smarter than I thought...lol
Yep I thought much of the same when I saw that. But, the Dubs would let him go before they let him take them all down with that kind of buffoonery. I'm sure the GS FO were paying close attention to the AD debacle.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, of course YOU'D say that considering LeClown's dick is lodged so far up your ass you'll say he has no culpability...

I might be somewhat biased but I still like to think clearly. You hate a guy so much your brain is clogged from facts and you are delusional. I think you hate him so much, it obsesses your brain. It's sad but it's how you have always been since Lebron came into the league so it's who you are lol

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my outside perspective, I think the Lakers have the perfect storm or everything going against their favor. And for as much blame as you want to place on Lebron, there's plenty to go around with EVERYONE.

1) Luke Walton has been on the hot-seat since Lebron joined the team. As far as I can recall his game plans and rotations have been sketchy at best. He owns some responsibility here.

2) Magic and Pelinka did a HORRIBLE job or surrounding Lebron and their current cast of long term players with better off-season acquisitions. The only one that truly made any sense was actually Javale McGee, which speaks volumes for what they did. They acquired no outside shooting to pair with the team. It's like they've never watched Lebron play at all before and just threw darts at a dart board looking to fill the roster.

3) Lebron's got responsibility for creating this toxic environment. We all know the shit show that comes along with Lebron, but at the end of the day the ends justify the means. Unfortunately this time around the ends aren't up to par. He gets (and deservedly so) the lionshare for the uneasiness in the locker room.

4) Anthony Davis. Somewhere along the way the vision and direction of the team got skewed. I fully believe that Magic, Pelinka and Lebron all had a conversation previous in the year about the direction of the team and that they were planning on being possibly playoff contending this year but looking to be a real factor next year (hence all their big 1 year deals they signed for the incoming free agents). But at some point Anthony Davis decided he wanted out and it was evident where he wanted to go. By forcing his hand and telling the public he wanted to go to the Lakers, it forced the Lakers hand in trying to make a deal where they weren't in a position to really win. Then they pissed off all the young guys who were rumored in trades that likely were in the future plans for the Lakers. Lebron comes off looking like a bigger asshole because of the Klutch stuff. Now good luck getting any free agents to go to LA next year when they'll have to deal with all the shade that comes their way too.
I think the AD debacle is an example of what KD meant when he made the toxic comments about playing with LBJ .

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For most of the game, Kuzma and Ingram were the best players on the court. They aren't the problem yet Lebron keeps shading them in all his post game interviews. It's Lebron and the vets that Magic signed that have been terrible.

Right on the money. LeBron did not play a great game. He's spending far too much time on the court pouting instead of trying to bring these guys together.