• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So leBron loses to Memphis and he blames his team mates for not being focused?

What a disaster this guy is. Who would want to come share a spotlight with him.
He caused the distraction.

The Lakers should deal him and get a boatload to play with their young players.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I happen to understand, dj, but also know the Cavs would have been roasted with this approach and no one would make excuses for them if a guy like Randle was allowed to get away.

Yes they would have.

But the Cavs were also over the cap for LeBron's entire stint there. So had they let him walk it would have been 100% about tax savings and not about preserving cap space to sign somebody better.

So the 2 scenarios are completely different. And if Cleveland refused to resign somebody like that it would have been correct to ridicule them, just as it is correct to give LA a pass right now.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron James you are not bigger then the game.

His ego is way out of control now. I had gained respect for this guy but its all out the window now.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be somewhat biased but I still like to think clearly. You hate a guy so much your brain is clogged from facts and you are delusional. I think you hate him so much, it obsesses your brain. It's sad but it's how you have always been since Lebron came into the league so it's who you are lol

so him standing around on defense is somehow "my obsession ". To think I used to give you credit for half a brain in spite of the fact that you're a blatant LeClown dick rider...

DO keep up the good work...

either that, or maybe try actually WATCHING the games...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my outside perspective, I think the Lakers have the perfect storm or everything going against their favor. And for as much blame as you want to place on Lebron, there's plenty to go around with EVERYONE.

1) Luke Walton has been on the hot-seat since Lebron joined the team. As far as I can recall his game plans and rotations have been sketchy at best. He owns some responsibility here.

2) Magic and Pelinka did a HORRIBLE job or surrounding Lebron and their current cast of long term players with better off-season acquisitions. The only one that truly made any sense was actually Javale McGee, which speaks volumes for what they did. They acquired no outside shooting to pair with the team. It's like they've never watched Lebron play at all before and just threw darts at a dart board looking to fill the roster.

3) Lebron's got responsibility for creating this toxic environment. We all know the shit show that comes along with Lebron, but at the end of the day the ends justify the means. Unfortunately this time around the ends aren't up to par. He gets (and deservedly so) the lionshare for the uneasiness in the locker room.

4) Anthony Davis. Somewhere along the way the vision and direction of the team got skewed. I fully believe that Magic, Pelinka and Lebron all had a conversation previous in the year about the direction of the team and that they were planning on being possibly playoff contending this year but looking to be a real factor next year (hence all their big 1 year deals they signed for the incoming free agents). But at some point Anthony Davis decided he wanted out and it was evident where he wanted to go. By forcing his hand and telling the public he wanted to go to the Lakers, it forced the Lakers hand in trying to make a deal where they weren't in a position to really win. Then they pissed off all the young guys who were rumored in trades that likely were in the future plans for the Lakers. Lebron comes off looking like a bigger asshole because of the Klutch stuff. Now good luck getting any free agents to go to LA next year when they'll have to deal with all the shade that comes their way too.
1) Don't think much of him but really don't think much changes if he was still coaching GS and Kerr in charge of LA.

2) No doubt and as mentioned yesterday I think I really did LOL whenever Magic would mention how his plans would be different than Cleveland

3) 100% agree. Do not like him but hoped he'd stay

4) Seems like his first year back here....came in with the notion they need to be patient, then Lebron got impatient. Cavs made it work, though. Will LA?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before we call Ball injury prone, let's realize that his injuries this year were recovery from his offseason surgery early on, then recovery from a rolled ankle (current). Not exactly worrisome of a pattern of any sort.

Ingram is inconsistent, but improving. He's at the mercy of Lebron's whims to a degree, but has really been trending upwards of late as he has been encouraged to be more aggressive. He's put up 27/13, 29/5, and 32/6 since the all-star break, including 6 of his last 7 threes over the last 2 games surprisingly.

As far as next summer, the odds may be similar as most of the targets will be coming from seasons on playoff teams; it will depend on how happy they are and how the postseason plays out. The longer it takes to try and get a star FA, they may just end up with one or two with their in-house prospects instead (Ingram, Kuzma).

This team misses Ball more than most realize. Not for his scoring (although he was trending upwards there before his injury), but for his control of the offense and his defense. Most of these bad losses of late can be traced to great PG performances by the opponent. Rondo hasn't been starting, and doesn't have much of a defensive impact these days. The Lakers simply don't stop the ball consistently enough without Lonzo.

This.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know that's not dying. When things don't go someone's way it's either blame the coach or refs.....or shout conspiracy.

Yeah, they'll just say that the league was trying not to make it look like they were trying to help the Lakers. lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the AD debacle is an example of what KD meant when he made the toxic comments about playing with LBJ .
definitely one of things he was talking about. Most telling to me was the fanboy media comment.....KD knows you play with Lebron he gets the credit and blame is deflected.

Reactions: LAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they would have.

But the Cavs were also over the cap for LeBron's entire stint there. So had they let him walk it would have been 100% about tax savings and not about preserving cap space to sign somebody better.

So the 2 scenarios are completely different. And if Cleveland refused to resign somebody like that it would have been correct to ridicule them, just as it is correct to give LA a pass right now.
Fair to say wait and see how the cap space is used, but I'm just not buying the excuses of why he was let go - didn't like his role, for instance. How about have Magic sit down with him and convince him to stay and show him how he could succeed? Not in Magic's wheelhouse?

And I'm saying if the Cavs let him go under the same circumstances.....they'd get ripped and the FO would be blamed for not convincing him to stay.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they'll just say that the league was trying not to make it look like they were trying to help the Lakers. lol
I wonder if they are hoping the Knicks don't win it as you know it would have to be a conspiracy if they did.....couldn't be because they had as good or better chance than anyone else.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So leBron loses to Memphis and he blames his team mates for not being focused?

What a disaster this guy is. Who would want to come share a spotlight with him.
He caused the distraction.

The Lakers should deal him and get a boatload to play with their young players.

Don't think he has a no trade clause in his contract, but I'm not 100 percent on that...

Either way, I doubt Magic would trade him...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Don't think much of him but really don't think much changes if he was still coaching GS and Kerr in charge of LA.

2) No doubt and as mentioned yesterday I think I really did LOL whenever Magic would mention how his plans would be different than Cleveland

3) 100% agree. Do not like him but hoped he'd stay

4) Seems like his first year back here....came in with the notion they need to be patient, then Lebron got impatient. Cavs made it work, though. Will LA?

Well not to keep beating a dead horse around here, but there's a real difference in creating a system that fits your players strengths and implementing it, versus just being able to make sure everything doesn't fall apart. Kerr created the system. Luke did well in his absence in making sure the guys stayed on track. Still think Luke has a great potential as a HC, and Kerr certainly has his faults as a coach too, but it would be a much different situation.