• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
60 games in, Lakers currently 11th in the west. Who would have thought that?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think I had them as the 7 seed. But it would be even worse for them not to make it considering what's happened around them with Minnesota and the Clips trading their best player.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lapd, LA County Sheriffs need to be proactive and just deploy the anti-graffiti task force to protect the LAbron murals throughout the City.

Those fuckers are gonna get vandalized, repeatedly, this Summer.

That's funny when I saw who won The Oscars you came to mind on the Regina King win

You ever see her in American Crime?

Thought it was a good show for network stuff

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how much he was involved. I would think he was probably asked about guys, but that isn't a sure thing in a new situation.

LeBron is signed for the next 3, and I don't think his next contract will be the same seismic event. Appeasing LeBron in the short term isn't as important as it was for Cleveland.

Also, like @trojanfan12 said, after they whiffed on a 2nd big fish, cap space was always more important than winning this season. Because that wasn't happening anyway. Their signings this past summer were always more forward looking.

Of course, I would have rather seen them add some culture building veterans rather than get guys like Lance, Rondo and McGee.
Agree entirely and that's always been my issue (not that it matters much). If the Cavs took this approach and essentially wasted one of Lebron's seasons (with no lock they can add that #2) they would get roasted.

And he is only guaranteed to stay 2 more years after this one, but I think if he leaves it would be to play with his son (if he makes it).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people understand it.

Some don't or choose to beat their head against the wall.
I happen to understand, dj, but also know the Cavs would have been roasted with this approach and no one would make excuses for them if a guy like Randle was allowed to get away.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t see how big of a hypocrite he is after telling the media his teammates need to make basketball their number 1 priority while he is out drinking wine and making rap albums the night before a gm that he sits because of “load management”. The same dude who is making movies, tv shows, and producing shows. Lakers are a few losses away from lebron having another “injury” to end his season
I think it's a little overblown, but have to agree with this.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron needs to shut the fuck up. He should open his mouth about leadership, being "activated", knowing what a playoff grind is, any of that stuff. This was a must win game against a garbage team and he spent 3 quarters of the game loafing around, halfassing it on offense and not even bothering on defense. He wasn't engaged until the 4th quarter. The team is checked out because he's checked out. The roster Magic put together is bad enough as it is, but when those vets see Lebron isn't really trying, they damn sure aren't trying (cuz they know they aren't gonna be around anyway) and those vets have been absolutely atrocious tonight and for the last month. He needs to get his head out of his ass. If he plays like he's capable of, they win. If he doesn't want to do that, then just shut the fuck up. Stop blaming the "young guys" because they're the only ones actually trying.
Mostly agree, and need to mention I didn't watch the game but from the stats it looks like Kuzma and Ingram did their part to try and get a win. Bench was a disaster.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can't beat the Grizz, who were playing bad basketball, they can't beat most teams and won't make it in the playoffs. First year in LA and can't even make the playoffs or get AD. Not a good look for this young Lakers team, their staff and FO.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
always knew him being here was gonna be a disaster...

It's far from him. It's your FO, staff and they don't exactly have a good bench, most of the young players aren't progressing like they thought. Great rebuild LOL. The Cavs are building a better rebuild in less time so far and they haven't drafted their 2019 top 3 pick yet.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think last year took a lot out of him. He played every game and I think he did so knowing he was going to leave Cleveland.

He could have chosen more than a few rosters to join that he could've had more vets around him. He should've done that over chasing LA if this is how he's going to act.
agreed if winning was the goal. Should have stayed or gone to Philly. Seems clear he just wanted to be in LA either for business or lifestyle.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is most of these young players most likely won't be on the roster at the start of the 2019 season. Lebron will make it a point to the FO to get rid of these guys. I knew it would be like this, he will get who he wants. Just trade some of the young guys and picks for Beal. He is a perfect fit next to Lebron.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like, at this point James has to know he isn't helping anything by being an asshole right? Why keep doing it?

It doesn't really matter. Even if they sneak into the playoffs they aren't winning and most of these guys won't be on the roster next season. Magic and the FO will do whatever Lebron wants.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron does entirely too much finger pointing for my taste

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't really matter. Even if they sneak into the playoffs they aren't winning and most of these guys won't be on the roster next season. Magic and the FO will do whatever Lebron wants.
If things go South they can just blame Gilbert and Altman.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming the Lakers don't make the playoffs, you have to think that Walton is going to get the axe. But he was given a completely untenable situation.

For this Lakers team to be a real contender, at least to lose to the Warriors in the conference finals, they needed Lebron to play like he did last year with the work load he had last year AND have guys like Ingram and Ball really step up.

Ball can't seem to stay healthy and Ingram is inconsistent.

IMO, the Lakers were caught flat footed when Paul George decided to stay in OKC. Their game plan was to bring in Lebron AND George which would have fundamentally change the team.

Instead they built a team of misfit toys because they wanted to keep their cap space for next year. But it will be just as hard to bring in a big time star next year as it was this past year.

Dell Demps may be unemployed but he probably is relishing watching the Lakers founder.