• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Off season Thread

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
its a perfect storm this summer for shero

expansion draft
cap not going up
kovy coming back maybe
#1 pick in the draft
tons of cap space

chance like this doesn't come around too often

That's damn true. Cap space is a giant asset for the Devils.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In defense or Cory, we got rid a Lars and Schlemko and replaced them with Ben Lovejoy. We didn't appreciate how good Larsson was when he was here defensively...

The whole team played like a dumpster fire on defense this season. So many games this season I wanted to go down to the bench and shake our dmen and be like WTF are you doing.

Surprised that no one is looking at Anaheim. They're in a really, really tough spot with their young dmen. Depending on who you look at they have 5-6 NHL ready young dmen plus Kevin Bieksa who they will need to protect.

That's a prime trade target. Can't imagine that they'll move Lindholm, but god would he be an amazing fit with Santini/Greene/Severson

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I considered trading Cory for the #3 primarily because what better offer could we get for him hypothetically?

I'm not advocating for a trade but if that came on the table, what could we do better?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
getting a #3 for cory is pretty sweet. the guy is 31 years old and still hasn't played more then 2 playoff games his career? wtf?!?!?!?! if it was legit and on the table i really bet shero pulls the trigger on that. he didn't trade for cory so what loyalty does he have for him? to make it more enticing for the stars then take back lethonan or niemi for cap relief. get rid of kinkaid and sign bishop until blackwood is ready

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't know if the Stars would sacrifice assets if Bishop is out there for the taking.

Has there been any word about coaching changes? Hynes will be back but are the assistants returning?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah thats why i doubt the stars would make the move because bishop is sitting out there and he has tremendous playoff experience. only thing the devils could offer that bishop can't? is taking some dead weight salary back on any potential trade. still its a pipe dream esp after the year cory put up.

i doubt they make any coaching moves but something has to give. if they dont make any moves behind the bench i am confident to say this would be the last year for hynes. a lot of nights these guys just didn't see prepared or cared to play

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In defense or Cory, we got rid a Lars and Schlemko and replaced them with Ben Lovejoy. We didn't appreciate how good Larsson was when he was here defensively...

The whole team played like a dumpster fire on defense this season. So many games this season I wanted to go down to the bench and shake our dmen and be like WTF are you doing.

Surprised that no one is looking at Anaheim. They're in a really, really tough spot with their young dmen. Depending on who you look at they have 5-6 NHL ready young dmen plus Kevin Bieksa who they will need to protect.

That's a prime trade target. Can't imagine that they'll move Lindholm, but god would he be an amazing fit with Santini/Greene/Severson
Agree on all counts. And we have a recent history of trading picks to cap strapped Ducks.

I said a while ago you knew the D was in trouble when we replaced Larsson & Schlemko with Lovejoy and Quincy

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pulling this completely out of my ass but just for conversation sake:

Vegas just signed Kovys KHL teammate. Vegas could use a splashy big name
Is Kovy worth a 6th overall? Would Vegas be crazy? Would we be better off with Kovy?

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pulling this completely out of my ass but just for conversation sake:

Vegas just signed Kovys KHL teammate. Vegas could use a splashy big name
Is Kovy worth a 6th overall? Would Vegas be crazy? Would we be better off with Kovy?
Lets have some fun and repeat it in a few different boards and next thing you know it'll be a RUMOR !

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lol yeah all those Russians in Vegas what could go wrong

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Damn I can't believe del zotto is "only" 27. Thought he was older.

There really isn't much on this list and I really ain't sold on shatenkirk either. These players are for teams that are competing for a playoff spot what's the point of adding anyone on the list if we aren't competing yet? I remember when ufa day was something to watch. But now everyone locks their stars up

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for that number 3 for Schneider nonsense.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, rags just lost and are out... HA HA choked again... I would have to say I would like to see the Capitals win it all.... Really want to see Ovechkin win a cup... they always come close but always choke... let see if this is there year....

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah seeing bishop bounce around like this and his insanely low asking prices. It really makes me think we overpaid for Cory. I mean we gave up a top 10 pick! That's a heavy price to pay when bo hovart is looking pretty slick.

I can't believe the rangers lost. I was really worried this was their year without a team out west to stop them and a slowing down pens team or a mental case in the caps it would've been a cakewalk to the finals. Think they overlooked Ottawa. They scored both of their goals tonight on breakaways which is good but that was all they got no real chances or anything. Division is only getting tougher their window is closing