• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Off season Thread

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

He's going to come back. I have a hunch and honestly I would even hesitate to take him back. He's the exact type of veteran goal scoring a young team like ours would need and I think he would be extremely motivated. Our power play would become functioning again.

Kovy shatenkirk and whoever we draft and throw in radolov for the hell of it

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what he has left but you don't lose that shot. A PP with him and Shattenkirk on the point sounds real good to me.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shattenkirk needs to be priority number 1 but adding another guy back there would be huge. Our current crop of guys proved they can't do it, I think 2 new starters on the blue line is almost a necessity.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kovy n Hall might make love to each other if they know they get to play together lol

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming the cap bumps up to $75.5-76 million we should be able to comfortably make 2 big signings with plenty left over to lock up whichever RFAs we choose to retain (if we lost them all we'd survive) as well as a depth signing or 2.

I believe we'll be around $54 million before anything which leaves us with about $22 million combined with whoever Vegas may take off our hands.

Time to make some noise.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont hold your breath for a big FA signing. I think Shero's more likely to use cap space to trade draft picks to cap strapped teams for bargains...like the Isles a few years ago when they got Boychuk & Leddy for spare parts because the Bruins and Hawaks were cap strapped. Especially with the expansion draft

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont hold your breath for a big FA signing. I think Shero's more likely to use cap space to trade draft picks to cap strapped teams for bargains...like the Isles a few years ago when they got Boychuk & Leddy for spare parts because the Bruins and Hawaks were cap strapped. Especially with the expansion draft

It's possible. This is the off season where we find out what ownerships priorities are. We are in a position to vastly improve this team, the necessary pieces are available, we have the cap room.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
add shatenkirk and kovy that would be a massive upgrade to this team. compare kovy to a mogilny from the 00-01 teams. thats a nice compliment for the 2nd line maybe zacha steps up and has a gomez type rookie year when he played with mogilny.

park him on the point on the powerplay and let him keep teeing shots off. he was more then a great shot he was a beyond great passer maybe even better then hall is.

if that would pan out i really would entertain trading the pick this year for duchene.

hall duchene palm
kovy zacha henrique

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
add shatenkirk and kovy that would be a massive upgrade to this team. compare kovy to a mogilny from the 00-01 teams. thats a nice compliment for the 2nd line maybe zacha steps up and has a gomez type rookie year when he played with mogilny.

park him on the point on the powerplay and let him keep teeing shots off. he was more then a great shot he was a beyond great passer maybe even better then hall is.

if that would pan out i really would entertain trading the pick this year for duchene.

hall duchene palm
kovy zacha henrique
dream much?

Colorado wants an established D man and propects picks not just a pick

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting the top pick combined with potential return of Kovy is a complete game changer for this team. If you add those 2 guys as well as a free agent or 2 and we look real good on paper.

Need Schneider to rebound and someone else on D to step up (Santini?)

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Night and day where we were about 2 weeks ago.
Now we know Kovy wants to come back to NHL which is great for us regardless if he plays on the team or not(trade).
Plus none of us really believed that we could win the lottery.

This all helps us in the free agent market. 1st overall pick, posibly get back Kovy. Guys will be more willing to come sign on a team that is heading towards the right direction.

I think Santini will be getting a chance this upcoming season.
On defense, nobody's job next season is totally safe anyway. Moore was probably the most consistent.
I wish Severson just turned it on and played more consistently. Don't get it.

Definitely need Schneider to step up but would be nice to bring up Blackwood and have him compete for the backup job. I don't really follow Albany too close but do read about them from time to time. He faced 60 shots and made 58 saves in a triple OT loss
last week. Final shot was from the point, but deflected off his own teammate. He was the best player in that game. I know the team was pretty excited when they drafted him and he seems to be backing it up.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting the top pick combined with potential return of Kovy is a complete game changer for this team. If you add those 2 guys as well as a free agent or 2 and we look real good on paper.

Need Schneider to rebound and someone else on D to step up (Santini?)
Need to move Cam... or cut him(if it makes sense)....

time for the youth movement to take into effect.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go after Shattenkirk...

With all our excess cap, maybe make a trade to bring in an expiring contract for a good player.

So much potential!!!!!

I wonder what kind of package we'll even consider to trade out of the #1? not that I'm vouching for it but one can never close the door on that possibility.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
3 weeks ago, I would have said 100 percent go after Shattenkirk.
But his playoff play has been rather poor. Caps had high hopes for him.

I don't know if its wise to over pay for a guy like that. Unless he is playing hurt.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah shatenkirk has been beyond brutal in the playoffs i doubt it will hurt his value and teams will pay his price but it does make me hesitant. you can't just give out a 7 year 50 million deal because we have the space. not sure if its the pressure of being on a team thats suppose to win it all or being dealt but either way that doesn't bode well for us if we signed him.

figures we win the lotto and its not a clear cut #1 guy. it double figures that the two choices are between a guy that is "injury prone" and the other guy has 1 legit pro north american season and thats about it on his resume.

do we go with the "injury prone" who if is healthy will be a #1 center or do we go for the unknown and maybe get a higher upside player if he doesn't bust. just seems to me this nico guy has yakapov written all over him.

or do we look to move out of the pick? know i've been pushing for duchene but if i'm the devils and the av's offer duchene and the 4 for the #1 and something else how don't you listen to that offer? you get immediate help and still a solid prospect where we were expecting to pick anyway

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 weeks ago, I would have said 100 percent go after Shattenkirk.
But his playoff play has been rather poor. Caps had high hopes for him.

I don't know if its wise to over pay for a guy like that. Unless he is playing hurt.
Maybe the playoff atmosphere is getting to him, but it might still be better here. Not that high of expectations in terms of winning now. Caps are in the, we can't f this up again must win now, stage.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Its not just injury prone. The book on Nolan Patrick is 2 way center. Don't we have enough of those?
As you know, I have been a big fan of Nico since the world juniors. Do I get worried about a potential bust? Absolutely.
If Nolan didn't have that history of injuries, probably would be the safer bet, but he has always been hurt. Don't need a guy who will play 50 games a year and be hurt for 30. Yea is a bit unfair because he could be just fine in the NHL, but there is already that pattern of injuries.

Nico has the higher upside, yes. Nico played with men for the Swiss pro team SC Bern when he was 15 years old.
And he played a full season in Canadian juniors. Its not like you play 5 seasons in juniors. Sure I wish he had at least 2 seasons. At least he does not have history of injuries.

Nico also played for poorer teams. The Swiss? lol. This is not a guy who went to a loaded team and participated. He carried them on his back.

Here is what others think.

I think the Flyers have it easier at number 2. Just pick the other guy.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah shatenkirk has been beyond brutal in the playoffs i doubt it will hurt his value and teams will pay his price but it does make me hesitant. you can't just give out a 7 year 50 million deal because we have the space. not sure if its the pressure of being on a team thats suppose to win it all or being dealt but either way that doesn't bode well for us if we signed him.

figures we win the lotto and its not a clear cut #1 guy. it double figures that the two choices are between a guy that is "injury prone" and the other guy has 1 legit pro north american season and thats about it on his resume.

do we go with the "injury prone" who if is healthy will be a #1 center or do we go for the unknown and maybe get a higher upside player if he doesn't bust. just seems to me this nico guy has yakapov written all over him.

or do we look to move out of the pick? know i've been pushing for duchene but if i'm the devils and the av's offer duchene and the 4 for the #1 and something else how don't you listen to that offer? you get immediate help and still a solid prospect where we were expecting to pick anyway
Duchene and the #4? Thats tough to pass up as well. Definitely something to listen to and consider.