• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love it if the Clippers signed Milsap.

That ain't happening.

So, Id be over the moon if we got Taj and Gallo.

If they insist on bringing Blake back, Just don't see insult to injury by signing Gay or Tyreke Evans.

Doc JR. Is probably getting traded for capspace, Redick wants too much and the truth has finally retired.

Peace out fellas.

PJ Tucker for the right price would be okay.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard anyone mention the risk involved if the Warriors let KD take a 1-year non-birds right deal.

Sure, the paycut helps them, particularly in retaining Iggy and/or Livingston.

But it also gives Durant a choice to leave next off-season.

Alternatively, they could sacrifice a little flexibility for this season, but lock Durant up now for 4 years.

It's not worth locking him up for 4 years, especially if it means losing Iguodala and Livingston (who may be gone either way). I doubt KD's going anywhere, especially since they just won a title. From the gist of the interviews with him floating out there, he's having fun in the Bay.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love it if the Clippers signed Milsap.

That ain't happening.

So, Id be over the moon if we got Taj and Gallo.

If they insist on bringing Blake back, Just don't see insult to injury by signing Gay or Tyreke Evans.

Doc JR. Is probably getting traded for capspace, Redick wants too much and the truth has finally retired.

Peace out fellas.

PJ Tucker for the right price would be okay.

Why does any of this matter, there's no way that team challenges the Warriors or Spurs, what's the point? I mean I get it that the Clippers making the playoffs every year is kinda cool considering their history but shouldn't you blow it up to win in 2-3 years?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not worth locking him up for 4 years, especially if it means losing Iguodala and Livingston (who may be gone either way). I doubt KD's going anywhere, especially since they just won a title. From the gist of the interviews with him floating out there, he's having fun in the Bay.

It is a risk as @gordontrue said but it's a risk worth taking, for the reasons you state. Durant has found a home why would he leave? He can't go to a better fit, the rest of the league kind of resents him. He'll stay and so will Iggy. Livingston and Clark and Zaza are gone. @CitySushi breaks it down well.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does any of this matter, there's no way that team challenges the Warriors or Spurs, what's the point? I mean I get it that the Clippers making the playoffs every year is kinda cool considering their history but shouldn't you blow it up to win in 2-3 years?
Because injuries happen.

Maybe Klay bangs KD's girl and one has to be traded.

Otherwise, yeah...everyone is playing for 2nd.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because injuries happen.

What?

Did you say Klay is banging Rihanna? Breaking news!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry will absolutely get maxed. There's no question about it and the Warriors wouldn't even dare offer him anything less than that. The only way Curry gets less than the max is if he approaches the Warriors and says its what he wants to do.

KD I think will likely take a small pay cut. Doing so, will allow the Warriors to retain Iguodala. Iguodala again is highly invested in the silicon valley and has said he wants to stick around because of that.

I think Livingston is gone. He'll get a bigger contract from someone and deserves it. Ian Clark is likely gone too. Someone could use a scorer of his caliber and he'll get a nice contract. Pachulia I also think will be gone because he already had more lucrative offers this past season and I think with a Ring, he'll likely go for the money now.

I think West will probably stick on again on a vet minimum contract. I think Javale will also likely take less than he might be offered elsewhere because the Warriors have revived his career from being a joke and he seems to genuinely like it out here. Matt Barnes could be interesting to see if the Warriors liked him enough to keep him again on a vet minimum contract. I doubt he gets better elsewhere.

Barring any unforseen craziness, I'd expect the team to have the following guys rostered next year:

Curry
Klay
Durant
Green
McGee

West
McCaw
Barnes
Jones
Looney

After that it'll be a crapshoot to see who wants to come to GS.

I am not sure.

I think both KD and Curry take the same annual contract around 30 million. I don't think Steph cares about the money and they both seem like the type to sacrifice a little cash to make sure nobody rocks the boat.

I agree they probably keep Iggy and they may have a shot at Livingston too. It just depends on How he feels financially and whether or not he thinks his body can hold up to a heavily increased role. His current role seems absolutely perfect for him.

I would be more surprised in McGee stays. He just seems like the type that will take the biggest offer he can find.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because injuries happen.

Seriously though.

Just how dedicated is Rihanna to her Lebron fandom? She actually has the power to break up this super team. All she needs to do is get with Klay. KD would be devastated.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a risk as @gordontrue said but it's a risk worth taking, for the reasons you state. Durant has found a home why would he leave? He can't go to a better fit, the rest of the league kind of resents him. He'll stay and so will Iggy. Livingston and Clark and Zaza are gone. @CitySushi breaks it down well.

Depends on what is in his head. He also got his ring and was finals MVP. In some people, that could trigger "why should I take a pay cut?"

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The whole league can't blow it up and rebuild; someone has to be taking vets in trade for picks/prospects to make the trades happen.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what is in his head. He also got his ring and was finals MVP. In some people, that could trigger "why should I take a pay cut?"

Some people. Not KD.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people. Not KD.

Agree.
Also, not KD, but the others have all been in 3 straight Finals now.
The games, minutes, start to add up.
They all need each other to be good enough to win in the regular season combined with using each other to cut down on minutes played.
It won't be hard for them to find 1 or possibly 2 'David West's' annually.
It's a pretty scary thought for the other 29 teams.
Not sure what anyone can do about it at this point.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure.

I think both KD and Curry take the same annual contract around 30 million. I don't think Steph cares about the money and they both seem like the type to sacrifice a little cash to make sure nobody rocks the boat.

I agree they probably keep Iggy and they may have a shot at Livingston too. It just depends on How he feels financially and whether or not he thinks his body can hold up to a heavily increased role. His current role seems absolutely perfect for him.

I would be more surprised in McGee stays. He just seems like the type that will take the biggest offer he can find.

Could be right about Steph, but I just saw sources said this morning that the Warriors have already offered Curry the max. I think it's totally in Steph's court what he wants to do. I mean it's not so much just the money, but he could be the first player in NBA history with a 200M contract. That's not insignificant and a real milestone.

Also from everything I've read about Javale this season, about how he loves the bay, how he's enjoying playing ball again, how he loves the teammates and organization, every part of me thinks he'd absolutely take less to play here again, if maybe for just another season. He's still young, so you could be correct that he opts for bigger money if it's available. I think he leans towards possibly taking less if only because you saw the way the organization and his teammates stuck up for him throughout the season. You saw how the coaching staff played a big role in his development in his defense. Just everything seemed to click for him this year in how he makes his mark on the NBA. I don't think he takes say a 4 year deal worth less than market value, but I could see maybe a 2 year deal with a player option after the first.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also didn't think he was weak enough to join the enemy, but he surprised me.

I appreciate that all the non Warrior fans have is to try to troll us about this stuff, but it ain't gonna work LOL

The fact is we are in the middle of an era that will be looked back on as the Warriors era. Just like the 90s were the Bulls era. Good or bad that's where we are.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate that all the non Warrior fans have is to try to troll us about this stuff, but it ain't gonna work LOL

The fact is we are in the middle of an era that will be looked back on as the Warriors era. Just like the 90s were the Bulls era. Good or bad that's where we are.

Yup. I'm glad my team got a couple of titles out of Lebron and with Wade still playing at a high level. For the time being, the Heat look like a promising rebuilding team, but not a true contender. Which in the next 3-4 years, I'm not sure I want my team having its most viable opportunity at a title just to meet the Dubs (aka the Buzzsaw) in the Finals and lose.