• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the F wants to stay in Utah?

Karl Malone, apparently. I read an article recently about their AAU team which had him and Joe Dumars on it. Joe Dumars said that they had a tournament in Utah when they were in high school. Him and Malone drove around and Malone stopped the car to take in the scenery. He said to Dumars "I could live here someday". Dumars said he reminds him all the time that Malone said that.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard the Hayward to Miami stuff a couple of weeks ago when Frank Isola tossed it out there on Around The Horn. He seemed to imply more than what Stein said in that they are major players as in if Hayward leaves, it's to Miami and he thinks he's leaving.

This Ringer piece mentioned it as well. Some other notes from that piece:

Sixers could be looking to trade for Avery Bradley

The Kings really want Fox and would be willing to trade picks 5 and 10 for him. If you're LA or Philly, with how deep and talented the draft is this year, you've got to SERIOUSLY consider that offer

Also, the Kings are working out Fultz, which some are indicating its because they may be trying to work up to #1 or #2, where Fultz will be available

https://theringer.com/2017-nba-draf...-celtics-sacramento-kings-rumors-133d4c3dd723

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karl Malone, apparently. I read an article recently about their AAU team which had him and Joe Dumars on it. Joe Dumars said that they had a tournament in Utah when they were in high school. Him and Malone drove around and Malone stopped the car to take in the scenery. He said to Dumars "I could live here someday". Dumars said he reminds him all the time that Malone said that.

Malone was a rare guy. He was a black redneck, if that makes any sense these days lol. Utah does have scenery, it's just not the nightlife center of the world lol.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you rather live in Miami from September through May or Boston. EASY decision if you ask me. Not like Boston can beat Lebron even with Hayward. Make the right decision and come to Miami

Would you rather join an Eastern Conference Finals team and #1 seed (and play for your college coach) or a lottery team and near #8 seed? Advantages for both teams, should be interesting.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malone was a rare guy. He was a black redneck, if that makes any sense these days lol. Utah does have scenery, it's just not the nightlife center of the world lol.
My eldest Daughter was born in Utah.

If I could have held it in for long enough to cross the State line, I would have done it.

If you are not Mormon, a avid skier and under the age of 45, it's a miserable place to reside.

In fairness, depending on where a person lives now, Salt Lake is progressively Liberal and is great for young, traditional families.

* Texas, AZ *

If you are coming from a place Like Ca, NY?...be prepared to feel oppressed.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings really want Fox and would be willing to trade picks 5 and 10 for him. If you're LA or Philly, with how deep and talented the draft is this year, you've got to SERIOUSLY consider that offer

Which is why if the Lakers were really going to take Ball at #2 -- they would NOT be showing their hand at this point of draft discussion.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why if the Lakers were really going to take Ball at #2 -- they would NOT be showing their hand at this point of draft discussion.

Like I've said before, Magic isn't schooled in the art of front office deception. The Lakers tried to defuse his early comments, but many aren't buying the "unnamed source" smoke.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CURRY, LIVINGSTON, IGUODALA, PACHULIA, WEST all free agents. KD can opt out.
Part of the warriors ability to win was the insanely low salary of Steph Curry + the dramatic cap reset of 2016.

Steph was making a laughable 12 million. It will more than double.
The Players association is going to likely insist Steph take 30 million

They are going to be in a salary cap hell now if they want to bring back this team.
Are all those role players going to take discount salaries???

It really gets murky if KD doesn't take a slight pay cut.

The Knicks will back up the brinks truck to Livingston, and it will be tough to turn that down.
The Suns are going to offer a big time deal for Iggy to come home and be a hometown hero.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the warriors ability to win was the insanely low salary of Steph Curry + the dramatic cap reset of 2016.

They are going to be in a salary cap hell now if they want to bring back this team.

The Knicks will back up the brinks truck to Livingston, and it will be tough to turn that down.
The Suns are going to offer a big time deal for Iggy to come home and be a hometown hero.

Curry will absolutely get maxed. There's no question about it and the Warriors wouldn't even dare offer him anything less than that. The only way Curry gets less than the max is if he approaches the Warriors and says its what he wants to do.

KD I think will likely take a small pay cut. Doing so, will allow the Warriors to retain Iguodala. Iguodala again is highly invested in the silicon valley and has said he wants to stick around because of that.

I think Livingston is gone. He'll get a bigger contract from someone and deserves it. Ian Clark is likely gone too. Someone could use a scorer of his caliber and he'll get a nice contract. Pachulia I also think will be gone because he already had more lucrative offers this past season and I think with a Ring, he'll likely go for the money now.

I think West will probably stick on again on a vet minimum contract. I think Javale will also likely take less than he might be offered elsewhere because the Warriors have revived his career from being a joke and he seems to genuinely like it out here. Matt Barnes could be interesting to see if the Warriors liked him enough to keep him again on a vet minimum contract. I doubt he gets better elsewhere.

Barring any unforseen craziness, I'd expect the team to have the following guys rostered next year:

Curry
Klay
Durant
Green
McGee

West
McCaw
Barnes
Jones
Looney

After that it'll be a crapshoot to see who wants to come to GS.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to sit back and let Bob Myers, aka Swindle God, do his magic.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry will absolutely get maxed. There's no question about it and the Warriors wouldn't even dare offer him anything less than that. The only way Curry gets less than the max is if he approaches the Warriors and says its what he wants to do.

KD I think will likely take a small pay cut. Doing so, will allow the Warriors to retain Iguodala. Iguodala again is highly invested in the silicon valley and has said he wants to stick around because of that.

I think Livingston is gone. He'll get a bigger contract from someone and deserves it. Ian Clark is likely gone too. Someone could use a scorer of his caliber and he'll get a nice contract. Pachulia I also think will be gone because he already had more lucrative offers this past season and I think with a Ring, he'll likely go for the money now.

I think West will probably stick on again on a vet minimum contract. I think Javale will also likely take less than he might be offered elsewhere because the Warriors have revived his career from being a joke and he seems to genuinely like it out here. Matt Barnes could be interesting to see if the Warriors liked him enough to keep him again on a vet minimum contract. I doubt he gets better elsewhere.

Barring any unforseen craziness, I'd expect the team to have the following guys rostered next year:

Curry
Klay
Durant
Green
McGee

West
McCaw
Barnes
Jones
Looney

After that it'll be a crapshoot to see who wants to come to GS.

There will always be aging players looking to get that ring. Just a matter of finding one with enough left.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Respect for trying to troll us Warriors fans with this LOL

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard anyone mention the risk involved if the Warriors let KD take a 1-year non-birds right deal.

Sure, the paycut helps them, particularly in retaining Iggy and/or Livingston.

But it also gives Durant a choice to leave next off-season.

Alternatively, they could sacrifice a little flexibility for this season, but lock Durant up now for 4 years.