• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The books for the first 4 seasons or so are way crazier than the TV series. But the books have a shit ton of more characters and stuff that's hard to keep up with. The TV show has done an amazing job condensing the story and characters without really sacrificing too much. I've read all the books too so I knew what was happening, but watching the show now is like ridiculous. Based on the books you kind of have a feeling where they could take things, but watching it play out now is totally new.

Plus in the books Khalessi is supposedly like 12 years old or something at the start. And all the crazy shit happens to her. Let that sink in and you'll see how crazy the books are.
Yeah, they had to age Danny or the FBI would have to shutdown all that Kiddie p@rn.

I'm glad they aged Rob and Jon up too.

As for the streamlining of the story, I'm glad they condensed the Reek storyline.

But, I'm sad we won't get Lady Stoneheart.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire point of my post was healthier fast food options. Jersey Mikes, Firehouse, etc. may taste better, but the extra meat also makes it less healthy.

To be honest, that is why so many Americans have weight problems. They don't consider portion size.

Depends on the meat. I'd argue extra cheese or oil and vinegar is worse than getting extra meat on a hoagie (or whatever you want to call it.) Especially if that meat is low-fat turkey. Of all the options, I like Jersey Mike's the best and a big part of it is the roll. Subway's rolls are awful.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao hope he still not expecting a max

I've got to think that Dallas at least offered him something reasonable. Something like 4 years, $60 million. And he didn't think it was a good enough offer. The problem is -- no one else offered him anything better. Or anything at all, from what I can tell. It sucks when you see Evan Turner get paid and you know he's half the player you are . . . but what are you going to do? Bad timing screwed Noel -- he probably would have gotten $20 million per year last year.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got to think that Dallas at least offered him something reasonable. Something like 4 years, $60 million. And he didn't think it was a good enough offer. The problem is -- no one else offered him anything better. Or anything at all, from what I can tell. It sucks when you see Evan Turner get paid and you know he's half the player you are . . . but what are you going to do? Bad timing screwed Noel -- he probably would have gotten $20 million per year last year.

Not playing has hurt him more than timing, imo.

The problem for Noel, imo, is that he is wanting to be paid for his potential rather than what he's accomplished. This is a guy who has played in an average of 64 games per season over his 3 years.

Also, his games played is heading in the wrong direction. He played in 75 games his first season, 67 his 2nd season and 51 last year. No one is going to give up max money for that.

His games started is also trending in the wrong direction, going from 71 to 62 to 19.

He's only 23, so he has plenty of time to get the max deal he wants later on.

Imo, he should take what he can get and spend the time under that contract trying to stay healthy and showing through actual play, that he deserves a max deal.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not playing has hurt him more than timing, imo.

The problem for Noel, imo, is that he is wanting to be paid for his potential rather than what he's accomplished. This is a guy who has played in an average of 64 games per season over his 3 years.

Also, his games played is heading in the wrong direction. He played in 75 games his first season, 67 his 2nd season and 51 last year. No one is going to give up max money for that.

His games started is also trending in the wrong direction, going from 71 to 62 to 19.

He's only 23, so he has plenty of time to get the max deal he wants later on.

Imo, he should take what he can get and spend the time under that contract trying to stay healthy and showing through actual play, that he deserves a max deal.

I wouldn't put too much into the games played last season. He basically intentionally sat out early in the season after electing to have surgery that no one in Philadelphia even knew was necessary some time in October of 2016 (at least, the fans were totally unaware of any issue up to that point.) Suspiciously, all of that unfolded after he had said that the 76ers need to figure out the center situation and implied that they needed to move one of their centers or else he wouldn't be happy. He also sat out a few games with Dallas because they were tanking. Similarly, I wouldn't put much stock into the games started either. The bigger thing for me is his overall attitude -- he seems to have an inflated sense of self worth and seems to be a bit entitled. Is he the type of guy you want to build a team around? I don't know. Maybe he's right to feel those ways but he certainly hasn't proven he deserves to be treated like a star.

That being said, I agree he wants to be paid on potential. His numbers are generally good. He's a pretty good defensive center with a thus far limited offensive game. But those types of players should not be paid max contracts. I also agree that he should take what he can get and try to build his resume for his next contract. He may turn out to be a max contract player but he isn't at this point in time.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing about timing -- if you look at the contracts last offseason for Miles Plumlee, ($13m/yr) Mozgov ($16m/yr), Biyombo ($18m/yr), Whiteside ($24.5m/yr), and Drummond ($26m/yr), Noel probably feels that he deserves at least somewhere between what Biyombo got and what Whiteside got. He's not Whiteside or Drummond but he's better than Plumlee, Mozgov, and Biyombo. I would guess that he would have gotten at least what Biyombo got last offseason, possibly more.

Either way, I'm glad he's not on the 76ers and I don't actually have to worry about what's going on. He should either take what Dallas is offering or sign the qualifying offer and become an unrestricted free agent next offseason.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't put too much into the games played last season. He basically intentionally sat out early in the season after electing to have surgery that no one in Philadelphia even knew was necessary some time in October of 2016 (at least, the fans were totally unaware of any issue up to that point.) Suspiciously, all of that unfolded after he had said that the 76ers need to figure out the center situation and implied that they needed to move one of their centers or else he wouldn't be happy. He also sat out a few games with Dallas because they were tanking. Similarly, I wouldn't put much stock into the games started either. The bigger thing for me is his overall attitude -- he seems to have an inflated sense of self worth and seems to be a bit entitled. Is he the type of guy you want to build a team around? I don't know. Maybe he's right to feel those ways but he certainly hasn't proven he deserves to be treated like a star.

You really can't discount games played though. Actually playing in games and playing well is how guys earn max or near max deals. His sample size is too small to know how good he actually can be and whether or not he can stay healthy.

The idea that he went off and had some surgery that no one knew he needed is a bit problematic too, imo. The way stuff gets leaked, it seems that if the team was aware that he needed surgery, the fans would know about it too.

That being said, I agree he wants to be paid on potential. His numbers are generally good. He's a pretty good defensive center with a thus far limited offensive game. But those types of players should not be paid max contracts. I also agree that he should take what he can get and try to build his resume for his next contract. He may turn out to be a max contract player but he isn't at this point in time.

Agree 100%. I do think that there is some merit to your previous point about timing and I didn't mean to completely discount it as it may have looked like I was in my previous post. Chances are that had he been an FA last summer, he would have gotten a contract at least close to what he's asking for now because teams were just throwing money at guys. I mean, if TinaFey Mozgov could get $64 million :L

I'd have to think that Noel could have gotten $60 mil. lol

But that's where you have to understand the change in the market and lower your expectations. It'll be interesting to see what he ends up getting.