• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Thompson, bay area news writer who covers the Warriors, said that Curry told him he approached the Warriors management and told them he was willing to take less money to keep the core intact. He was willing to sacrifice salary to make sure the team was able to bring back KD, Iguodala and Livingston.

But since the Warriors held Steph's bird rights, it didn't matter if he took less or not. The Warriors didn't have Durant's bird rights meaning he was really the only one who could impact their signings and we saw what he did.

The biggest thing for me in this takeaway was that Steph approached management and told them he would take less, but the Warriors told him he didn't need to and still maxed him out. That's how you take care of your players. Says a lot about the Warriors organization as a whole.

It also makes me think there is a chance the entire core can stay together for longer than the 2-3 year window that many on here are assuming. If they are able to resign both Klay and Dray to long term deals, they could be looking at 4-5 more titles.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players that take less money in the prime of their careers are stupid.

Curry got paid tho so it don't matter

Or, maybe they aren't stupid and realize that sacrificing a few million dollars might make them happier and they will still be set for life regardless. That is unless they can't manage their finances. I am willing to bet KD is smart enough to do that and that he will be just fine getting by on $25 million plus endorsements.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or, maybe they aren't stupid and realize that sacrificing a few million dollars might make them happier and they will still be set for life regardless. That is unless they can't manage their finances. I am willing to bet KD is smart enough to do that and that he will be just fine getting by on $25 million plus endorsements.
Shut the hell up

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to the J Cole concert last night. Dude is amazing.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best in the biz right now.

Yep. First time seeing him live and it was incredible. I saw Jay Z twice (once with Beyonce and once with Timberlake) but that concert last night was better than those 2 concerts IMO

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right? CP and Harden would have to be horrible chemistry wise and they lose in the 1st round.

Yeah but honestly I felt it was very suspicious that the Houston/Clippers deal was not a sign and trade deal. Huge risk IMO to bring him over without any guarantee having him return in 2018.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took him a year to realize he should take care of his mother?

Not sure. Maybe you can ask him?

Also I don't know his situation. Buying a house is not the only way you can take care of a parent.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took him a year to realize he should take care of his mother?

Not sure. Maybe you can ask him?

Also I don't know his situation. Buying a house is not the only way you can take care of a parent.

Exactly why you shouldn't make stupid assumptions. Pretty much what I meant when I said buying a house is not the only way to take care of a parent and/or your family.

There would be tough times and he’d just be, like, ‘Mom, don’t worry. Just give it a few more years. I’ve got you.’ When he got his first NBA paycheck, he sent me money. He’s very big on taking care of his family. This year, he paid for Gabriel’s braces (his younger brother) and helped pay for his siblings’ cars.”

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but honestly I felt it was very suspicious that the Houston/Clippers deal was not a sign and trade deal. Huge risk IMO to bring him over without any guarantee having him return in 2018.

It is a risk, but only a mild one. They kept their core, only really giving up Beverly. They weren't challenging GS as they were previously constructed (don't think they are now either) but at least the CP3 trade helped them ink Harden long term.