• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easier said than done. Think Lopez want one last big contract. He just turned 29 in the spring. My guess is he will be looking for about 17 mil yearly

I agree. I hope that he'd be willing to sign for less if the Lakers added a couple of top FA's for the chance at a deep playoff run. But even if he was willing to, I'm not sure what the Lakers cap situation would be once they added a couple of top FA's. They may not have enough for much more than a vet min and he ain't signing for that.

Probably the best bet would be if the guys coming in wanted him and were willing to give up some money to keep him.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any fan that burns any jersey anywhere for any reason is a total douche. Really, that's how you roll? You take sports WAY too seriously. Get a life.

I may allow an exception for OJ Simpson jerseys.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Crowd cheering "Warriors" after LeBrons kid loses.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I hope that he'd be willing to sign for less if the Lakers added a couple of top FA's for the chance at a deep playoff run. But even if he was willing to, I'm not sure what the Lakers cap situation would be once they added a couple of top FA's. They may not have enough for much more than a vet min and he ain't signing for that.

Probably the best bet would be if the guys coming in wanted him and were willing to give up some money to keep him.

It'll depend on where the cap settles. But as the roster is currently constructed, if they renounce all rights to the guys they have on 1 year deals (like Lopez), they'll have enough for 1 max contract guy and some midlevel guys. To get two, they're gonna have to dump Deng along with Randle or Clarkson, possibly both. Two max contract guys will be roughly 40 mil a piece depending that players veteran status, etc so that alone is basically 80 mil. With all the guys on rookie salaries added together, its now up between 90 to 95 mil. The cap will probably be around 105ish mil, so LA will have about 10 million to play with if they sign two max free agents next summer. Won't be enough for Lopez if he wants a big payday or even market value payday. And since his rights will be renounced to clear his cap hold, they can't sign him if they are over the cap.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hate seeing his kids get it, but it couldn't happen to a more deserving Clown...

I also agree leave the kids out of it, but is it true that LeBron refers to him as "little king"?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's made a lot and he's smart....after spending his career on the Nets you think he'd want to be part of a competitive team if they added a couple max guys......he's not gonna be broke at 45-50.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait....Gallo broke his hand punching some Dude in the face?

Seriously?

This Dude had it coming with the throat shove and I'm glad he's not letting guys bitch slap him like Blake.

But....

2 different guys, 2 years in a row?

#ClipperGonnaClip

Damn, the clippers curse lives on :dhd:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't really have a problem with what Lebron said. He's right, it's unfortunate, but I'm sure people do go to the games and there are plenty who want to see a team that he's affiliated with lose, even when it's a team of kids.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as it's kid on kid trolling and not some shit like " build a wall ", I'm good with it.

Adults?

I agree.

Nah, Bruh.

Yeah, kids trash talking kids, is no big deal. But when the alleged grown ups start doing it...that's crap. I mean, some of these kids are playing on a team with Lebron's kid and getting coached by the best player in the game. Who gets an opportunity like that? Talk about what should be a cool experience.

It should be an amazing time for them, not something that should be messed up by grown ups who can't behave like grown ups.