• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading David Hyde's piece, I forgot how Lebron would try to implant his own rules. I could see why Kyrie's going to a different team and I see him in a new light. Especially considering he's trying to go to the Spurs where he's not going to be able to go ISO ball the whole time and just put up stats; it seems he wants to play in a professional environment and have a team that enforces its rules across the board.
I guess we all knew LeBron was that way to a certain extent, but this sounds pretty bad.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why the Pacers were incredibly stupid and short sighted rushing into a George trade. If he were still on their roster, they could have had Kyrie straight up.

It just didnt make any sense. They rushed it big time. Huge mistake for the franchise

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just didnt make any sense. They rushed it big time. Huge mistake for the franchise

Pritchard should be fired. Literally every rumored trade was better than what he got for George. He was just being a stubborn asshat not wanting to trade George in conference and to where he might want to go. And because of that stubbornness, he got absolutely fleeced.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why the Pacers were incredibly stupid and short sighted rushing into a George trade. If he were still on their roster, they could have had Kyrie straight up.

They tried, Cavs rejected the trade.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could be wrong, but what I remember is the Pacers rejecting the trade because they didn't want Kevin Love.

I don't know if the video supported your post or not because it says Error: Cannot read property 'autoplay' of undefined

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pacers rejected the Love trade first then the Cavs rejected the Kyrie for PG swap. Then of course after PG gets trade Kyrie wants to say how he wants out lol :L

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pritchard didnt want to deal PG to the East so he took less to ship him out West. Smart move :laugh3:

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers will one of a handful of teams with max money next summer. For 2 guys.

:heh:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pritchard didnt want to deal PG to the East so he took less to ship him out West. Smart move :laugh3:

...which made no sense, as the rumors expected George to move out West to LA the next summer anyway. Take less to prevent 1 year in the East? LOL.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong, but what I remember is the Pacers rejecting the trade because they didn't want Kevin Love.

I don't know if the video supported your post or not because it says Error: Cannot read property 'autoplay' of undefined

Should've been a link, not an autoplay....(stupid Bleacher Report!)

The Indiana Pacers reportedly pursued Kyrie Irving in a potential trade for Paul George before they shipped George to the Oklahoma City Thunder.

On Monday's episode of The Lowe Post, ESPN.com's Brian Windhorst disclosed the Pacers unsuccessfully attempted to nab Irving in advance of the NBA draft as buzz started to build that George was being shopped.

"I know that around the draft and in the Paul George talks, the Cavs were not willing to make Kyrie Irving available for Paul George," Windhorst said.

"The Pacers offered Paul George for Kyrie Irving," ESPN.com's Zach Lowe added. "That's a thing that happened, according to people that we've talked to."

Windhorst also noted it happened "multiple times."

A one-for-one swap didn't pique the Cavaliers' interest, but they did shop Kevin Love in a three-team scenario that would have landed George alongside LeBron James.

According to a report by Windhorst, Ramona Shelburne and Dave McMenamin, the Cavaliers, Pacers and Denver Nuggets discussed a trade that would have sent Love to Denver, George to Cleveland and assets including Gary Harris and the draft's 13th pick to Indiana.

The reporters also noted general manager Kevin Pritchard reneged when "the Cavs were just starting to celebrate."

Pritchard and the Pacers moved on and flipped George to the Thunder for Victor Oladipo and Domantas Sabonis.

Cleveland, meanwhile, has been left to ponder a future without Irving. Windhorst broke the news that the four-time All-Star requested a trade July 7 as he seeks to break free from a partnership with James.

And according to ESPN.com's Chris Haynes, Irving informed the Cavaliers he'd prefer to be dealt to the New York Knicks, Miami Heat, San Antonio Spurs or Minnesota Timberwolves.

On Tuesday, the Miami Herald's Barry Jackson reported the Timberwolves and Phoenix Suns are "particularly strong candidates" to facilitate a trade for Irving since they have the kind of young, blue-chip talents the Cavaliers are seeking.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James knows there is no reconciliation with Irving and now wants Josh Jackson in Leave-Land.