• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Javele McGee and Nick Young are being re-united in Oakland......just add Gilbert Arenas and it's a a party......or at least a shootout in the locker-room.

I'm psyched. JaVale us a total goober but so much fun to have on the bench

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Javele McGee and Nick Young are being re-united in Oakland......just add Gilbert Arenas and it's a a party......or at least a shootout in the locker-room.

It was Javaris Crittendon who had the guns in the locker room.

Young and McGee might be knuckle heads, but they aren't the ones who brought guns to work.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Just shows that Gilbert's cheap. Gilbert probably made the promise that he's finance a high salary roster. A GM doesn't factor into that equation.

The GM is one of the most important parts of a team believe or not if Lebron is so involved Griffen would still be there, without a doubt. Lebron recruits players, that's all he does.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was A FREAKING JOKE!!!!!!!!!!

I know.

I am saying it was a messed up joke. Young and McGee deserve all the heat you can bring for their aloof on court play, but neither has ever gotten in any real trouble off the court. It was a messed up thing to imply, joking or not.

Wizards fans are still pissed about that era of Washington basketball.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im watching just because I think it'll be a little interesting.

McGregor has no shot tho.

It doesn't interest me because Mayweather is a defensive fighter. Arguably the best defensive fighter in the history of the sport and he's not a guy who knocks people out. So, it'll be difficult for McGregor to even land many punches and even more difficult for him to land a punch hard enough to put Mayweather in any kind of danger.

So it looks to me like it'll be Mayweather completely dominating the fight, but not knocking McGregor out.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't interest me because Mayweather is a defensive fighter. Arguably the best defensive fighter in the history of the sport and he's not a guy who knocks people out. So, it'll be difficult for McGregor to even land many punches and even more difficult for him to land a punch hard enough to put Mayweather in any kind of danger.

So it looks to me like it'll be Mayweather completely dominating the fight, but not knocking McGregor out.

In other words:

BORING!

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The GM is one of the most important parts of a team believe or not if Lebron is so involved Griffen would still be there, without a doubt. Lebron recruits players, that's all he does.

Never said it wasn't. The GM doesn't factor into the salary cap is what I'm eluding to. Lebron probably came to Cleveland with the promise from Gilbert that he'd spend top dollar on the Cavs' roster. This is evident by Lebron's annual opt outs given that Gilbert can't get away with not spending money on the roster. A GM is important, but you can spend any amount of money on a GM and it has zero effect on the salary cap.

And you can't say Lebron isn't involved on key decisions. Do you not remember the contract negotiations for JR and TT? Lebron chimed in publicly, then both players got the contracts they wanted and were overpaid; which makes sense since they both have Rich Paul as an agent, which serves in Lebron's best interest.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll catch the replay on showtime the following week lol

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

McGregor, has so many advantages physically. But technique above all else usually wins out. McGregor's a part-time boxer. Floyd's been devoting most of his life solely towards boxing. I've never seen a defensive fighter like Floyd. Having said that, I don't think Floyd will ever be in any danger of losing the fight. I think it'll be completely one-sided.

On the flip side, I think it'd be even more of a land-slide if Floyd would step into the octagon. We've seen other boxers attempt the transition and just get embarrassed.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGregor, has so many advantages physically. But technique above all else usually wins out. McGregor's a part-time boxer. Floyd's been devoting most of his life solely towards boxing. I've never seen a defensive fighter like Floyd. Having said that, I don't think Floyd will ever be in any danger of losing the fight. I think it'll be completely one-sided.

On the flip side, I think it'd be even more of a land-slide if Floyd would step into the octagon. We've seen other boxers attempt the transition and just get embarrassed.

Agree. A friend of mine and I were talking about it and were saying that it's far more dangerous for a boxer to try to fight MMA style than the other way around.

While McGregor is likely to get dominated, he should be able to protect himself because boxing is still part of what he does and should be able to at least keep himself from getting hurt too badly. All he has to worry about is punches.

Mayweather would likely have very little idea how to protect himself from a kick to the head or some kind of chokehold and could get seriously hurt because of that.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not necessarily true. It may just signal that Gilbert is over Lebron and his diva ways.

First of all, according to reports, part of the reason Irving wants out is because of the different set of rules that Lebron had vs. everyone else. That kind of shit gets old after awhile. It gets old for the players and it gets old for the owner who has to hear the players bitching about it.

Also, Gilbert may have decided that the Cavs got their championship, don't really have a way of improving the team enough to get past the Warriors. He may want Lebron to move on so he can get on with the rebuild that was going to have to happen eventually anyway once Lebron moved on or retired.

Last edited:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, the more a Cousins for Kyrie swap makes sense.

Pels should be salivating at the thought of a Kyrie/AD pick-and-roll duo.

And even though Cousins is a risk, he is probably the best 5 man you could have for going against the Warriors. He can make them pay on the block on offense while also being able to switch and guard on defense.

If it works well, LeBron and Cousins will re-up next off-season. If not, you've suddenly got a shitload of cap-space going into an off-season with a ton of FA's and not a lot of cap space to go around. And you've still got Love.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Arenas, it was Arenas.

Gilbert
According to Arenas, it was Arenas.

[URL='http://www.complex.com/sports/2012/04/gilbert-arenas-finally-explains-why-he-pulled-out-four-guns-in-the-wizards-locker-room-in-december-2009']Gilbert Arenas Finally Explains Why He Pulled Out Four Guns in the Wizards Locker Room in December 2009

Arenas Finally Explains Why He Pulled Out Four Guns in the Wizards Locker Room in December 2009[/URL]

Yes.

Arenas brought them.

I meant it was Crittendon who was directly involved in the gun thing with Arenas. Not the other 2.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, the more a Cousins for Kyrie swap makes sense.

Pels should be salivating at the thought of a Kyrie/AD pick-and-roll duo.

And even though Cousins is a risk, he is probably the best 5 man you could have for going against the Warriors. He can make them pay on the block on offense while also being able to switch and guard on defense.

If it works well, LeBron and Cousins will re-up next off-season. If not, you've suddenly got a shitload of cap-space going into an off-season with a ton of FA's and not a lot of cap space to go around. And you've still got Love.

It would definitely enable the Cavs to attack the Warriors in the one place that they are vulnerable. On the other hand, Lebron would have to be able to keep Boogie in check mentally and emotionally.