• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Just reported on ESPN that the Cavs first offer to Chauncey was $1.5 mil. Then, when Chauncey said no, they upped it to $2 mil.

So, they insult him with the 1st offer and flip him off with the second. :pound:

Apparently, that's SOP for Gilbert though, because they also said that Griffin was being paid just under $2 mil.

"Dan G.'s prices are DEFINITELY not commiserate with his payroll......as i have said ad nauseum- Dan Gilbert's goal with the Cavs is not to make money- Dan G's goal with the Cavs is to enjoy his hobby."

Not to be forgotten, one of hundreds of Wiggyism's on Gilbert.

I guess Gilberts hobby doesn't need a GM?

If James leaves next year there will be one GIANT fire sale (besides James jerseys).

#timevindicates

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young was called a bum by a lot of people. Watch the W's fans ride his dick now....

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Just reported on ESPN that the Cavs first offer to Chauncey was $1.5 mil. Then, when Chauncey said no, they upped it to $2 mil.

So, they insult him with the 1st offer and flip him off with the second. :pound:

Apparently, that's SOP for Gilbert though, because they also said that Griffin was being paid just under $2 mil.

And Griffin got some experience and will be compensated at his next job....

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Dan G.'s prices are DEFINITELY not commiserate with his payroll......as i have said ad nauseum- Dan Gilbert's goal with the Cavs is not to make money- Dan G's goal with the Cavs is to enjoy his hobby."

If James leaves next year there will be one GIANT fire sale (besides James jerseys).

#timevindicates
#WigWam'd

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#timevindicates

lol

If memory serves, he was also disparaging the Lakers ownership and talking about how the Buss family has no money at that point, because they weren't going to go over the salary cap for a team they knew wasn't going to be winning anything.

He also said that because it's his "hobby" Gilbert didn't care if he lost money and that the Lakers were the Buss family's only source of income.

The Lakers are paying their inexperienced GM $5 mil. But Gilbert is the one willing to "spend whatever it takes."

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

If memory serves, he was also disparaging the Lakers ownership and talking about how the Buss family has no money at that point, because they weren't going to go over the salary cap for a team they knew wasn't going to be winning anything.

He also said that because it's his "hobby" Gilbert didn't care if he lost money and that the Lakers were the Buss family's only source of income.

The Lakers are paying their inexperienced GM $5 mil. But Gilbert is the one willing to "spend whatever it takes."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...QKbPuQ&usg=AFQjCNF2TXTGTyW6vuNWiCwU9OuBQugCqg

#ourwiggy
#thegiftthatneverends

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young was called a bum by a lot of people. Watch the W's fans ride his dick now....

Nobody is doing anything of the sort. Nick Young will play the Ian Clark role. He will be a bench scorer who will play 10-15 minutes a night. If Clark were available for as cheap as they got Young, they would have signed him.

Nick Young is who is he is. But he fits the roster well and will be a solid role player for the Warriors. I don't think anyone has said more than that.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is doing anything of the sort. Nick Young will play the Ian Clark role. He will be a bench scorer who will play 10-15 minutes a night. If Clark were available for as cheap as they got Young, they would have signed him.

Nick Young is who is he is. But he fits the roster well and will be a solid role player for the Warriors. I don't think anyone has said more than that.

Over the course of the last few years? BS. People have definitely called him a bum.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Spurs that year they tanked * coughed* Robinson got hurt and they drafted Duncan?

I'm to lazy to actually go look.

But, that's all that comes to mind.

The Cavs were pretty close the year they got LeBron back. But, I think they won more than 30 the year prior, and might not have won 60 the year after. I too am too lazy to look it up.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and Lakers fans rejoiced. I was ecstatic when he opted out this year. Apparently the Warriors were in the market for a 2nd/3rd team shooter.
You never lied on this one - I rejoiced and my niece and nephew rejoiced. That sucker was worthless

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the course of the last few years? BS. People have definitely called him a bum.

Of course they were. I was one who called him that.

That has nothing to do with my post.

First off, Young showed some maturation last year. Second, his aloof personality plays a lot better on a veteran team with a quality locker room than it does on a team with young players. 3rd, if Young doesn't share the ball and starts jacking too much, he won't play. They have 8 guards/wings all capable of providing minutes. They don't need Young to do anything.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Say what? A player like Chauncey as your gm, should have been starting at 5 o 6 million in my opinion. No wonder he called them up and withdrew his name from consideration

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First off, Young showed some maturation last year. Second, his aloof personality plays a lot better on a veteran team with a quality locker room than it does on a team with young players. 3rd, if Young doesn't share the ball and starts jacking too much, he won't play. They have 8 guards/wings all capable of providing minutes. They don't need Young to do anything.
Who cares - As a Lakers fan he is gone - The only part that bothers me is that he will freeload and get a championship title out of it. He is undeserving in my opinion of that honor

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nothing to do with YOUR post?

You quoted MY post, defending him.....playing Capt save-a-ho.

"Young was called a bum by a lot of people. Watch the W's fans ride his dick now...."

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to do with YOUR post?

You quoted MY post, defending him.....playing Capt save-a-ho.

"Young was called a bum by a lot of people. Watch the W's fans ride his dick now...."

Right.

I was responding to the dick riding part. Nobody is doing that.