• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilbert growing some balls.

Probably tired of carrying Lebron to the finals every year.

Seriously though, it's looking more and more like Lebron is gone after this season and Gilbert knows it. Things can change quickly in the NBA, but with all of the stuff that's already been coming out of Cleveland and now this...it doesn't look good for Lebron finishing his career with the Cavs.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously though, it's looking more and more like Lebron is gone after this season and Gilbert knows it. Things can change quickly in the NBA, but with all of the stuff that's already been coming out of Cleveland and now this...it doesn't look good for Lebron finishing his career with the Cavs.

Surprised at the article stating that there are plenty of locker room guys that can shoot the 3. Jones is Lebron's boy, and there are other guys on that bench that don't do crap. Jones is only making the minimum, so it's not like he was taking up money on their cap.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hilarious. If Lebron wasn't from Ohio, Gilbert would be deemed the worst owner in sports.

It's also funny that he's short changing a GM, because that person will become critical the day Lebron leaves. Hell, you can say they're starting to feel it right now. For Gilbert having such deep pockets, why would you be so cheap with the GM position? It doesn't incur any tax penalties for paying your GM.

Easy answer.

The only reason he was spending on the roster was because LeBron forced him too. If he were really 100% committed to spending top dollar to win, he would not be so frugal with front office staff and coaches.

When LeBron leaves, watch how long it takes Gilbert to get back to the cap floor.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about as realistic as the 40+ wins I hear Lakers fans talking about. :heh:

That's a special kind of math.....comparing 60 wins to 40......and most Laker fans that have said that is IF EVERYTHING WERE TO BREAK JUST RIGHT. Philly fans know about things breaking.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy answer.

The only reason he was spending on the roster was because LeBron forced him too. If he were really 100% committed to spending top dollar to win, he would not be so frugal with front office staff and coaches.

When LeBron leaves, watch how long it takes Gilbert to get back to the cap floor.

My guess is it will happen with the quickness.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:at Philly fans talking about 60 wins....
Hey, it's taken us 3 years to get 56 wins, so why not???
And need I remind you that the LAL have only won 64 games in that same span...... :suds:

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a special kind of math.....comparing 60 wins to 40......and most Laker fans that have said that is IF EVERYTHING WERE TO BREAK JUST RIGHT. Philly fans know about things breaking.

It's simple.

60 > 40
76ers > Lakers

76ers winning 60 = Lakers winning 40

Neither is going to happen but only the Sixers fans know that the 60 number is a joke.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he wants to play for rings, he's not leaving the East, right?
If he left the Cavs, where's he going?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about as realistic as the 40+ wins I hear Lakers fans talking about. :heh:

Can't speak for other Lakers fans but, as currently constructed, the Lakers absolute ceiling this season is 41 wins.

To do that, Ball has to have a very short learning curve, Randle has to continue the steady improvement he has shown every year, Ingram has to make a big jump, Lopez has to fit in seamlessly (and stay healthy). Guys like Zubac, Nance and Clarkson have to continue to improve as well.

It would also help if they can land another good vet on a 1 year deal (like Crawford if he gets bought out by the Hawks).

All things considered, I think they end up in the 30-35 win range.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wants to play for rings, he's not leaving the East, right?
If he left the Cavs, where's he going?

I'd go to San Antonio if I'm Lebron. Competent front office. Elite player in Kawhi that can play multiple positions and is the best 2-way player in the league. You know Pop will format the offense to fit his personnel. That I think is his best shot at winning a title moving forward.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go to San Antonio if I'm Lebron. Competent front office. Elite player in Kawhi that can play multiple positions and is the best 2-way player in the league. You know Pop will format the offense to fit his personnel. That I think is his best shot at winning a title moving forward.

I just can't see him moving his family there.