• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Martin, Shawn Marion too.

But, Kidd-Gilchrist is the worst...lol

th

Jamaal "Silk" Wilkes had arguably the worst form and slowest release I've ever seen when he was drilling his "20 foot layups."

Used bring the ball up behind his head. Tried to shoot like him once and about dislocated my shoulder. lol

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens if every team refuses to deal with BOS?
Can HG lower his salary demands or does he already have an agreement for a set contract price?
If nobody deals with them, does the contract become null and void?

I mean, obviously, they can trade pieces for 2nd round picks in desperation, but I'm curious as to why some feel that BOS has the leverage here in a S&T and believe they deserve compensation for sending JC to UTA. Isn't the compensation GH?

I was thinking the same thing but they have 3 players that are attractive to other teams. They will deal somebody.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao are we surprised by this?

Has to be fake news. We've been told by the foremost expert on everything that money is not an issue and that Dan Gilbert would spend any amount necessary to keep the Cavs on top.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has to be fake news. We've been told by the foremost expert on everything that money is not an issue and that Dan Gilbert would spend any amount necessary to keep the Cavs on top.

It's hilarious. If Lebron wasn't from Ohio, Gilbert would be deemed the worst owner in sports.

It's also funny that he's short changing a GM, because that person will become critical the day Lebron leaves. Hell, you can say they're starting to feel it right now. For Gilbert having such deep pockets, why would you be so cheap with the GM position? It doesn't incur any tax penalties for paying your GM.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hilarious. If Lebron wasn't from Ohio, Gilbert would be deemed the worst owner in sports.

It's also funny that he's short changing a GM, because that person will become critical the day Lebron leaves. Hell, you can say they're starting to feel it right now. For Gilbert having such deep pockets, why would you be so cheap with the GM position? It doesn't incur any tax penalties for paying your GM.

Agree. Plus, once Lebron is gone, good luck attracting other top level FA's, especially if the rumors of Kyrie possibly demanding a trade are true.

Chauncey at least has a lot of credibility and respect among players and would be listened to by potential FA's.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Plus, once Lebron is gone, good luck attracting other top level FA's, especially if the rumors of Kyrie possibly demanding a trade are true.

Chauncey at least has a lot of credibility and respect among players and would be listened to by potential FA's.

Yeah. It's one thing to start him at $3-$3.5 mil (which is just below the starting point for a GM/president), it's another when you have them at $1.5 mil.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. It's one thing to start him at $3-$3.5 mil (which is just below the starting point for a GM/president), it's another when you have them at $1.5 mil.

Agree. At least when offering $3-3.5 mil you can justify it by citing the fact that he has no GM experience. $1.5 mil is just an insult.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. At least when offering $3-3.5 mil you can justify it by citing the fact that he has no GM experience. $1.5 mil is just an insult.

Having said this...I will be more than happy to become the Cavs new GM for $1.5 mil and won't feel the least bit insulted.

@WiggyRuss can you get the word to Dan Gilbert for me?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having said this...I will be more than happy to become the Cavs new GM for $1.5 mil and won't feel the least bit insulted.

@WiggyRuss can you get the word to Dan Gilbert for me?

An update on our coward Wiggy. He was on SportsHoopla last night to check his notifications lol.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers gave their inexperience GM 5 mil.

1.5 is such a slap in the face. Disgraceful if you ask me.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading Shaq's book is damn good. A lot of stories can be shared but this one stands out.

Shaq used to conduct freestyle rap battles on the team buses and planes with D-Fish, B-Shaw, Isaiah Rider, Robert Horry and others.

Kobe was so competitive he used to go home, write his bars down and then try to use them during the battle to win (LMAO). Shaq and the team knew Kobe was lying cause he was using huge college words (as Shaq said). Kobe response when being called out.... "Nah my niggas. Off the top, Off the top!"

An allegation Kobe still denies till this day when being called out on it