• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The man played out his contract without distraction and became a FREE AGENT.
I get that it stings, but teams also have the opportunity to lure FREE AGENTS away from other teams.

And, what's wrong with choosing the easier path to winning, all star games, all NBA teams, etc??
All of those things correlate to $$$, which is the bottom line 99.5% for both sides of the equation.
Hayward is going to be a GOD in Boston, too... and Boston is a full-fledged, bonafide, big daddy, sports town.

That means advertising and dollar dollar bills, yo.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize that but that's what a market like Utah needs....or else they're just gonna get the Joe Johnson, George Hill, Rickey Rubio's of the NBA.

Not all organizations are the same. Utah has to accept that they are what they are and have a solid front office in place in terms of GM and scouting. Look at the Spurs and Thunder, teams that are completely competitive yet are in crappy markets; yet they're constantly in the title picture.

The Warriors were in the crapper for decades, yet finally fortified their front office and drafted the right players and made timely decisions. Now they're in what looks to be in the middle of their dynasty era in a CBA that easily prevents them from forming.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hayward is going to be a GOD in Boston, too... and Boston is a full-fledged, bonafide, big daddy, sports town.

That means advertising and dollar dollar bills, yo.

Plus he's white.

#racisttown

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Omri Casspi signing by the Warriors another crazy good move by the Swindle God Bob Myers.

Casspi probably shuts the door on going after Swaggy and/or Crawford if he is bought out. What is a bit trouble-some for me at this point is that the Warriors don't have a reliable center locked up. Pachulia looks like he'll be returning, but figures are unknown. After that they have 38 y/o David West, Damian Jones who was injured a lot last year and spent most of the year in the D-League, Kevon Looney, who's looking like he'll never live up to his college hype and 2nd round rookie Jordan Bell. Will be interesting to see what the next move for the Warriors will be.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would put the Celtics with the Cavs.

That probably depends on who is available. The trade market for stars has momentarily dried up. One player worth keeping an eye on, two league executives told The Vertical: Memphis’ Marc Gasol. The Grizzlies lost Zach Randolph, Tony Allen could be next out the door, and if you were filling out your Western Conference playoff bracket today, Memphis probably wouldn’t be in it. Would the Grizz move the 32-year-old Gasol for a ready-made rebuilding package of players and picks? Would Boston – which has to be wary of putting together a team that would beat Cleveland but still get pulverized by Golden State – be interested? Again, worth watching.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:poke:

Nobody there to get him the Ball.

I'd rather have Speights.....

I read Derrick Rose was supposed to be meeting with the Clips soon. But even if he did sign, there would still be nobody to get him the ball.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read Derrick Rose was supposed to be meeting with the Clips soon. But even if he did sign, there would still be nobody to get him the ball.
The Clippers would have the greatest All NBA Injured Reserve Team in the History of Sports.

Rondo, yes.

Rose, Fackno.

So, expect them to sign Rose...lol

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensively, yes.

If the rumor is true, go get Marc Gasol.
That might illicit a response from me that is sexual in nature of it happens.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rudy Gobert was worse.

It really is a poor move by guys like Gobert when they criticize teammates who leave via free agency.

Because guess what? Eventually he will be a FA also. I imagine there is a decent chance he will go somewhere else when that time comes. If that happens, he looks like a huge hypocrite. Kind of like when people bring up the KD tweets from when LeBron left Cleveland.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MR. 305 should never become Mr. 216.

We do have this though:

Kedonis Haslem, son of Heat lifer Udonis, committed to Toledo.

That being said, he has other children to consider.
Will his son even play as a freshman?
Cavs could be on the road when he does play.
Heat would allow him to miss a Saturday practice anytime he wanted to leave to watch him play.