• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need no stinking Fakers fans jumping on the Celtics bandwagon....

And stay off my lawn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No fear of that. We're counting on the Celtics overspending on IT soon now that Fultz is out of the picture.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Sixers-Celtics trade is done. It's going to be interesting to see who won this one when we look back in 5 years. A lot of variables make it pretty hard to predict.

I really, really hope they can trade Okafor somehow, but I am worried we are stuck with him. The guy's game is a terrible fit for the modern game.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fairly sure he could have been a UFA by now

No, he couldn't.

In the NBA, rookie contracts are 3 years guaranteed with a team option for a 4th. At that point, players become restricted free agents where the team has the ability to match any other offer. A max deal at that point can extend up to 5 years. In other words, any player you draft in the first round can be kept for up to 9 years if the team chooses to do so. Nothing Davis (or any first round pick) can do aside from asking to be traded.

Davis has 4 more years until he is an unrestricted FA. Which is a long time, but most of it figures to be dominated by the Warriors.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he couldn't.

In the NBA, rookie contracts are 3 years guaranteed with a team option for a 4th. At that point, players become restricted free agents where the team has the ability to match any other offer. A max deal at that point can extend up to 5 years. In other words, any player you draft in the first round can be kept for up to 9 years if the team chooses to do so. Nothing Davis (or any first round pick) can do aside from asking to be traded.

Davis has 4 more years until he is an unrestricted FA. Which is a long time, but most of it figures to be dominated by the Warriors.

I have no idea how all these rookie contracts work out

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy fathers day to all whom it applies in here....I'm awake early and doing laundry.

Have a big ol' pork butt in my smoker as we speak and will be watching the Dodgers later on after I get back from the collective.

Thinking margarita's are sounding good for this afternoon since it's supposed to be eleventy thousand billion degrees outside today.

Happy Father's Day to you as well.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a big ol' pork butt in my smoker as we speak and will be watching the Dodgers later on after I get back from the collective.

Thinking margarita's are sounding good for this afternoon since it's supposed to be eleventy thousand billion degrees outside today.

Did the Fathers Day thing w/ my family yesterday because my sons have tickets to the Rockies game today. Gotta brisket in my smoker right now.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know how to chill on the weekends.....gonna have to make it out there one of these days.....I'll bring some drinks.....

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice.

My 3 daughters are moved out and my son is in Mariposa visiting his uncle. Gonna be a nice quiet day here. :yes:

I'm looking forward to not leaving my house today. I gotta few hours to myself today though. On Sundays my wife always goes out to lunch w/ her Mom & sister.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking forward to not leaving my house today. I gotta few hours to myself today though. On Sundays my wife always goes out to lunch w/ her Mom & sister.

Yeah, my wife will be hanging out with her Mom most of the day as well. Going to the collective will be the extent of my venturing out today.

Might even try to squeeze in a nap in between not doing anything all day. lol

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just did the laundry and gotta get the car washed later....gonna grab a Jamba Juice while I'm out since I have some room left on a gift card.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, my wife will be hanging out with her Mom most of the day as well. Going to the collective will be the extent of my venturing out today.

Might even try to squeeze in a nap in between not doing anything all day. lol

What's the collective & is it Sticky Icky related?

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • I rarely watch but tune in when it's early and/or bored....this is a great feature story.