• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,121.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypothetically, the Knicks could be in play if they dump Noah now that Phil is out.

Especially if they hire Griff.

Griffin would be the perfect hire in NY so it won't happen....

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,121.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Melo playing 5?

I like it. Won't happen though. Doubt they would all sacrifice enough money for that to work. LeBron and George would need max deals, CP3 close to it. They would be aski Wade and Melo to sign for peanuts.

James would play center....

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What buyout can occur on this roster? Buyouts are only useful in the final year of a contract.

For example, the Heat can buyout McRoberts right now. The problem is will be that his contract will be spread out ($2 mil per year) over the next 3 years cap-wise. Cleveland already has zero room to maneuver and has bad contracts in place - TT, JR, Shumpert. If buying contracts out were so easy, the Knicks would easily buy out Noah right now.

Buy-outs also have to be accepted by the player and the financial details have to make sense. If you're Noah, there's no way you're taking much less than what you're already making because you're never going to see money like that again in your life. On the flip side, does it benefit the organization to say pay Noah 14M a year to go away versus 17M a year to keep him. Basically you're paying 3M a year in real value to play for the team in that scenario.

Buy-outs have to make sense, and generally the only time they're done is on the last year of contracts. I can't really recall many buy-outs that have happened with multiple years left on the deal.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He left Miami to go to Cleveland.

He left a team that went to 4 straight Finals that he won titles with to build another potential super team.

Lebron has the propensity to leave when he sees a potential better situation in a distance. This has been proven twice already.

That was to back to his hometown, something he had to do and wanted to do.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT and Blake working the pick n roll would be pretty sweet.

He's an interesting wrinkle in Boston's plans... if things don't work out with Hayward and/or PG... that's a nice little opinion #2 if he's still available.... and arguably at a position of greater need for the C's

Reactions: LAD

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preach it, people can have their own opinions. I'll take it a step further, was he all there in games 5 and 6 last year or was he thinking about what he knew he wanted to do?
For most, I would imagine it was hard to see anything other than Westbrook going balls to the walls with his iso play. But then again, most of us anticipated he would do that. I would bet it's part of the reason KD decided to leave.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,121.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting Tweet.....CP despises Doc. Their relationship was ruined after Doc refused to trade Austin Rivers for Melo.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, he can't see my posts if I respond to you?
Yes he can see your posts - but they won't have the quote that you responded to.