• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was to back to his hometown, something he had to do and wanted to do.

He didn't have to do it, he saw an opportunity and went with it. Lebron's in it for rings at this point. Winning a title in Cleveland checked off the most important check box for him. Now it's getting as many titles as possible, and I'm sure 3 is not going to cut it if I'm Lebron.

That's why you don't rule out to the potential scenario that if the Cavs can't improve while other teams like Boston and Houston are, then you (Lebron) find the next place that provides you with the best chance of winning.

Especially if there's another fall out with Gilbert.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting Tweet.....CP despises Doc. Their relationship was ruined after Doc refused to trade Austin Rivers for Melo.

DJ, you're a fucking moron. There was no trade to ship out Rivers straight up for Melo. For one, the salaries don't match. Two, no GM in the world would ever do a 1-for-1 swap. If you want to say that Rivers wasn't included in a package for Melo, then that's fine.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to hear Wiggy's opinions on all this player movement...after he said there'd be no player movement with the new cba

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That emoji suits you well, as in it's fucking gay.
You acknowledge he has you on ignore yet you continue to quote him? :scratch:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't have to do it, he saw an opportunity and went with it. Lebron's in it for rings at this point. Winning a title in Cleveland checked off the most important check box for him. Now it's getting as many titles as possible, and I'm sure 3 is not going to cut it if I'm Lebron.

That's why you don't rule out to the potential scenario that if the Cavs can't improve while other teams like Boston and Houston are, then you (Lebron) find the next place that provides you with the best chance of winning.

Especially if there's another fall out with Gilbert.

Just saw that Gilbert joined the Cubs at the White House today. Not sure why.

LeBron has to be fuming. No GM. Other teams making big moves. And his owner is chilling with Trump in the White House. Sorry, @Shanemansj13, but this is going to end badly.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw that Gilbert joined the Cubs at the White House today. Not sure why.

LeBron has to be fuming. No GM. Other teams making big moves. And his owner is chilling with Trump in the White House. Sorry, @Shanemansj13, but this is going to end badly.

Like I said, not if they make the right moves. Everyone overreacting like always. I have seen it again and again. The Warriors win and they start talking about a Cavs breakout. The W's literally were playing perfect bball, Lebron knows this is his best chance to win, on this team. Going to the Lakers or Clip does absolutely no good. PG, Lebron and a cast in LA isnt even better than what he has now in the weaker conference. LOL

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to the Lakers or Clip does absolutely no good.

Not necessarily correct. If he sees no way to catch the Warriors over the next couple of seasons...Why not join a young up and coming team that you can help develop and let them do most of the heavy lifting in a couple of seasons when they are ready to compete for a title?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, not if they make the right moves. Everyone overreacting like always. I have seen it again and again. The Warriors win and they start talking about a Cavs breakout. The W's literally were playing perfect bball, Lebron knows this is his best chance to win, on this team. Going to the Lakers or Clip does absolutely no good. PG, Lebron and a cast in LA isnt even better than what he has now in the weaker conference. LOL

Ummm....first time the Cavs lost, it was without Love and Irving, so there was that room for discussion had the Cavs had a healthy team they could compete with the Warriors. That was proven correct in 2016, even though Draymond's suspension and Bogut's suspension played a part.

The 2017 version just demolished the Cavs. And that was with all parties healthy for that series.

Again, if you don't think Lebron's eyeing other destinations somewhere, I have beach front property in Alaska to sell you. Miami got demolished in the same fashion in 2014, and Lebron was gone figuring that he got the most out of what he could with that roster.

Those whom don't learn history are doomed to repeat it.

Reactions: LAD

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA Trade Rumors: Rockets have sights set on Paul George after landing Chris Paul

"When the dust all settles, will anybody be standing there to try to compete with the Warriors? The Rockets are trying to make an audacious move to do that. I'm sure at this very second they are pitching Paul George. They are pitching the Indiana Pacers. 'Come to Houston, sign a contract extension, get the deal done. Chris Paul, James Harden and Paul George, come together and let's try to beat the Golden State Warriors.' That's what's happening right now. Whether or not they can pull it off, we'll see.

Eric Gordon + scraps doesn't sound like a great deal to me... but, 'tis the season for speculation of all sorts.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to hear Wiggy's opinions on all this player movement...after he said there'd be no player movement with the new cba

Friendly reminder that its not July 1st yet either lol

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can definitely see Hayward reuniting with Stevens in Boston. Not sure about Paul George though. I think he really wants to play with the Lakers.