• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on Darnold and Rosen, imo...that should be the decision. I don't really understand the Allen love as much. Kid has a cannon for an arm, but he's not very accurate.

A lot of people are concerned about Rosen's attitude. But he's also the most "NFL ready" of the QB's. Kid was making Sunday throws on Saturday.

Darnold talks like he WANTS to play for the Browns and probably has the best demeanor. His playmaking ability is probably the best of the QB's, but his ball security has to improve.

I hope whoever they get works out for them. They could get a solid foundation going with all of those picks.
I mean, maybe his Ex Coach should stop planting the seeds that he's a tree hugging, Rhodes Scholar who puts football 3rd in his quest to save the world, while being intellectually stimulated?

Unless....he doesn't want to go to the Browns and Coach Mora is doing him a solid....lol

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, you think Doc gonna get the boot?

I'm ready to go full rebuild.

Fiz, Marc Jackson, Jeff Van Gundy gonna be the top retreads available.

I wonder if anyone will touch Kevin Ollie.

I think the order you presented the coaches are their respective rankings.

Fiz didn't get a fair shake in Memphis. Once they fired him, they tanked.

Marc Jackson deserves some credit for prepping the Dubs for Kerr to take over seamlessly. I'd love to see him get another shot. Hopefully he learned something from his Golden St. tenure.

JVG seems comfortable in the booth. I'm not sure if I'm taking him if I need a coach. Only way I think he coaches is if Houston becomes open, but D'Antoni is doing great so I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Ollie had a weird firing. But his time to strike was when he won the title in '14. His stock went down bad.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, you think Doc gonna get the boot?

I'm ready to go full rebuild.

Fiz, Marc Jackson, Jeff Van Gundy gonna be the top retreads available.

I wonder if anyone will touch Kevin Ollie.

Listened to the last of the game and the post game driving home last night. For what it's worth, Lakers commentators were split on what's going to happen with Doc.

John Ireland thinks he's gone. Mychal Thompson thinks he stays.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never had a chance. Firing him for not getting that team to be good is ridiculous.
Noah = Deng with a Shit attitude and PED use.

72 mil to a guy that's unplayable and another 70 plus on a overpay to Hardaway Jr., drafted Frank over DSJ and they wonder why they aren't better?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listened to the last of the game and the post game driving home last night. For what it's worth, Lakers commentators were split on what's going to happen with Doc.

John Ireland thinks he's gone. Mychal Thompson thinks he stays.
I think he stays for his last Season if he can live with not getting his contract extended.

Kinda like Trigger Mike with the Lakers.

If he can't, he's dunzo.

I just hope Austin goes with him.

But, I don't know if anyone other than DJ will opt out.

Milos has a 6 mil option, Austin has 12 mil and Wesley Johnson has 6 mil.

We know Wesley ain't declining. Not sure about my drunk, homeless Serbian.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, maybe his Ex Coach should stop planting the seeds that he's a tree hugging, Rhodes Scholar who puts football 3rd in his quest to save the world, while being intellectually stimulated?

Unless....he doesn't want to go to the Browns and Coach Mora is doing him a solid....lol

Yeah, I really don't get what Mora was doing. Rosen not wanting to go to the Browns, but not wanting to say it is the only thing I can think of that makes sense. Especially since, according to what I've heard, Mora is actually close with Rosen's family.

I heard an interview where he was trying to explain his comments and it somehow made it even worse. I was thinking "time to just stfu coach." lol

To be fair, Rosen hasn't really helped himself. I guess in a recent interview he was talking about how he doesn't NEED football because his family is well off (paraphrasing there). They were saying that there were some NFL GM's that weren't very impressed with that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noah = Deng with a Shit attitude and PED use.

As bad as the Deng contract is...at least he tried hard when he was playing and then just stfu and collected his money when they stopped playing him.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the order you presented the coaches are their respective rankings.

Fiz didn't get a fair shake in Memphis. Once they fired him, they tanked.

Marc Jackson deserves some credit for prepping the Dubs for Kerr to take over seamlessly. I'd love to see him get another shot. Hopefully he learned something from his Golden St. tenure.

JVG seems comfortable in the booth. I'm not sure if I'm taking him if I need a coach. Only way I think he coaches is if Houston becomes open, but D'Antoni is doing great so I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Ollie had a weird firing. But his time to strike was when he won the title in '14. His stock went down bad.

Love Fiz.....great personality, seems like a players Coach.

Heard Stackhouse was getting some looks from clubs too.

Yeah, Mark burned some bridges with the Dubs.

It wasn't all his fault. But, he got a bit full of himself and he could not hide the butthurt as a commentator.

He still deserves another chance and sounds like he's probably in with the Knicks.

I think that Bucks job has to be desirable and I can't believe Kidd might get hired in Phoenix....lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as the Deng contract is...at least he tried hard when he was playing and then just stfu and collected his money when they stopped playing him.
Yep, he didn't cause waves nor did Luke have to put hands on him.

What do you think he said or did to make Hornacek go at him physically?

Clark Kent isn't supposed to be violent....lol

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Fiz.....great personality, seems like a players Coach.

Heard Stackhouse was getting some looks from clubs too.

Yeah, Mark burned some bridges with the Dubs.

It wasn't all his fault. But, he got a bit full of himself and he could not hide the butthurt as a commentator.

He still deserves another chance and sounds like he's probably in with the Knicks.

I think that Bucks job has to be desirable and I can't believe Kidd might get hired in Phoenix....lol

If Kidd gets hired in Phoenix........lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually like to bag on Cleveland sports. But the Browns need to start becoming at least respectable.

In no way am I touching Josh Rosen; that's a given. Kid's frail and those types don't do good in cold-weather towns, which last I checked Cleveland classifies as much.

I'm absolutely not touching Josh Allen. I've never been too caught up with QBs with strong arms. At the high school level, you always go for a QB that displays accuracy; you can work on arm strength and fundamentals later. You can't teach accuracy along with QB intelligence (ignore camps and focus on game film, does the QB panic?). Josh Allen has the biggest arm. He reminds me of the Hurricanes QB - Rosier. Big arm and similar type of build (Rosier's shorter), but zero accuracy and is overly non-consistent.

I think the Browns get Darnold and Barkley. They do that, they'll be fine and on a good road to being relevant.

Thoughts @Wamu and @WiggyRuss ?

Not sure what to expect on draft day w/ the Browns. I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst. The organization hasn't been able to get out of it's own way since their return in '99. Maybe that changes w/ this draft, but I wouldn't count on it.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what to expect on draft day w/ the Browns. I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst. The organization hasn't been able to get out of it's own way since their return in '99. Maybe that changes w/ this draft, but I wouldn't count on it.

You could take out "Browns" and substitute "Dolphins" and it's the exact same thing ever since Marino retired.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vogel should be getting another job any second now. Orlando is stupid.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, he didn't cause waves nor did Luke have to put hands on him.

What do you think he said or did to make Hornacek go at him physically?

Clark Kent isn't supposed to be violent....lol

Who knows? Sounds like the whole thing was just a huge mess. I'm sure there was a lot frustration on Noah's part because he has to know that he's not earning his contract and what folks are saying about it.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I really don't get what Mora was doing. Rosen not wanting to go to the Browns, but not wanting to say it is the only thing I can think of that makes sense. Especially since, according to what I've heard, Mora is actually close with Rosen's family.

I heard an interview where he was trying to explain his comments and it somehow made it even worse. I was thinking "time to just stfu coach." lol

To be fair, Rosen hasn't really helped himself. I guess in a recent interview he was talking about how he doesn't NEED football because his family is well off (paraphrasing there). They were saying that there were some NFL GM's that weren't very impressed with that.
Yeah, he has said Shit like that often.

He won't flame out in the same ways that Johnny Football did.

But, I could see him rubbing guys in the locker room the wrong way with that attitude.

All bullshit aside, sounds like a perfect match for Belicheck and the Pats.

I don't know if they can get high enough to take him. Because, he most certainly won't be on the board at 23.

You think #23, 31 and 43 can get them in his range?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder fans, Congrats.

Westbrook was a beast and this is the PG13 you are gonna need in the playoffs.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he get the heave ho in Indy quickly too?

Yeah. Indy were winning 40+ games constantly, which is above average in the East.

Lol at whoever thought the Magic would be competitive anytime soon. Fired a high-end coach for no reason.

Not to mention their FO gave away Ibaka, Toby Harris, Payton, and Oladipo for nothing and mismanaged Gordon and Vucevic for years.

And another L for giving Biyombo that 70 million contract.