• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blazers are hapless without Lillard

Lost by 2 at the shitty rockets.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@msgkings322 MMA is not for everyone, I get that.

But, my Husband was a high school wrestler and has taken Jiu Jitsu lessons for two decades.

We've both done krav maga.

Working in Law Enforcement gives you a slightly different appetite for violence.

Some folks, not all.

But, we like it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Mcgregor screwed up the undercard.

The UFC had to cancel 3 fights.

2 for injuries caused by his tantrum, one for the clown on his team that participated.

Don't really follow UFC/MMA, but my son, who does, is pretty pissed at McGregor right now. The fight he was most looking forward to was one of the cancelled fights.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really follow UFC/MMA, but my son, who does, is pretty pissed at McGregor right now. The fight he was most looking forward to was one of the cancelled fights.
Ever since the Gay la Hoya * intentional misspelling * vs. Mayweather fight, We have a fight party Damn near every year for Cinco de Mayo.

Now that Pettis and Borg are out, I'm trying to figure out a way to keep the in-laws out of my fricking house....lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@LAD, @tlance .....

Thought about you guys when I saw this.

#NeverGiveUpOnALostArgument

Playoff LeBron is a more active and effective team defender than regular-season LeBron. When one of James’ teammates is defending an opponent’s drive to the hoop, regular-season LeBron helps on 7.5 percent of those drives, giving up 0.95 points per drive when he helps.Playoff LeBron helps on 11 percent of drives, with his team allowing 0.9 points per drive. LeBron’s regular-season efforts would rank his team as roughly the 12th-best defensive team against drives in the league — playoff LeBron’s teams rank No. 1 in this area.

'Playoff LeBron' is real, and defense is the reason

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@LAD , @CitySushi , @msgkings322 ....

I keep seeing Brunson linked to the Warriors as a possible target at the end of the draft.

Do you think the signing of Cook will change that?

* God, I hope so *
I too am hoping so. Cook turned out to be a pleasant surprise - and much needed scoring for that second unit once Steph is back.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* Tries to control upchuck reflex *

Purely a hypothetical. Because, you'd obviously have to give up more.

But, what if you could swing a trade for......Kawhi?

Would you give up Dray and Parts?

Klay and Parts?

Durant, Klay, Kawhi, Curry and a bag of Shit piled 7 feet high would be DEADLY.
Honestly, I like Klay & think he's a great spot up shooter & a great 2-way player, but I would give him up before I give up Dray. Dray is EVERYTHING on that defensive end of the floor AND he's EXCELLENT at executing their offense. Those things would be especially vital if you switch him & Klay in that line up you layed out.

Also, Dray could go to pretty much ANY team and have the same impact he does with GS because of his effort. I can't say the same for Klay. He has to be in the right system to really be impactful, as we've seen when the scoring is left up to him with that second unit. I really would like to see him learn to create his own shot & develop a go-to move. If he does those things IMO his value goes through the roof, especially if he continues to defend at a high clip.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon has been a beast this season and he has more range than Randle. Both are in contract seasons so they both could come back down to earth but I like Gordon's fit on our roster better.

55 games for Gordon. Can't stay healthy long enough to invest long term IMO. I'll take Randle over him easily. Randle can play small-ball C, much more important than Gordon's 3pt and athleticism advantages.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
55 games for Gordon. Can't stay healthy long enough to invest long term IMO. I'll take Randle over him easily. Randle can play small-ball C, much more important than Gordon's 3pt and athleticism advantages.

There are rarely long term contracts, typically 3-4 years.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I like Klay & think he's a great spot up shooter & a great 2-way player, but I would give him up before I give up Dray. Dray is EVERYTHING on that defensive end of the floor AND he's EXCELLENT at executing their offense. Those things would be especially vital if you switch him & Klay in that line up you layed out.

Also, Dray could go to pretty much ANY team and have the same impact he does with GS because of his effort. I can't say the same for Klay. He has to be in the right system to really be impactful, as we've seen when the scoring is left up to him with that second unit. I really would like to see him learn to create his own shot & develop a go-to move. If he does those things IMO his value goes through the roof, especially if he continues to defend at a high clip.

Agree with this post.