• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon has been a beast this season and he has more range than Randle. Both are in contract seasons so they both could come back down to earth but I like Gordon's fit on our roster better.

I see your point. But I actually like Randle because he provides something different. He has become very good at bully ball. That's not only something that the Lakers don't have without him. It's something that a lot of teams don't have.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, why is Shaq being such a dick to Candace Parker?

He's really starting to annoy me.

@bksballer89 @CitySushi .....

Fucking Mcgregor screwed up the undercard.

The UFC had to cancel 3 fights.

2 for injuries caused by his tantrum, one for the clown on his team that participated.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Wolves and Nuggets are gonna be tied for 8th place with 3 games to go, final game is Denver@Minnesota.

They need Jimmy Butler back ASAP. Like yesterday

Also, that Wiggins 5 year, 148 mil max extension...oof. Somebody get an air freshener. I can smell the stench from here.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2 for injuries caused by his tantrum, one for the clown on his team that participated.
Woke up.

He may face serious charges, could be looking at
time inside the joint. Was talking about this at work.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, that Wiggins 5 year, 148 mil max extension...oof. Somebody get an air freshener. I can smell the stench from here.
They won't do anything in the playoffs with or without Butler, would prefer they make it in though. With Wiggins, he's not bad and still only 23 but doesn't do much else besides score and isn't a great 3pt shooter. Throw in that he reportedly said he's not happy being the 3rd option to Jimmy Butler/KAT(who are both better than him) and the extension looks worse.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For the life of me I cannot understand why anyone would follow MMA.

Not tryna hate. Literally do not get it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we strike out on James and Randle walks, sign Gordon and PG and call it a day. I think Gordon fits in good on our roster better than Randle. Gordon is an athletic freak and could run all day with our roster.

Gordon is an RFA too. You can't get him unless the Magic let him walk.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Big money Wiggins with 9 points in the biggest game of his young nba career lol. Guy is super trash

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the life of me I cannot understand why anyone would follow MMA.

Not tryna hate. Literally do not get it.

I've watched it from the beginning, and I've got to tell you, nothing was more exciting than those first few UFC cards, when fighters would have multiple matches in a single night. It was unprecedented at the time and this little Brazillian, Gracie, was just taking guys down and choking them out, no matter how big they were. There were no weight class limits, literally pitting Davids vs Goliaths.

For me, the current MMA isn't nearly as exciting. There really aren't any surprises anymore when it comes to technique. Used to be all about the ground game, now it's striking. Used to be that any skilled fighter from a single discipline could have a chance, but now, they are all superior athletes with multiple styles. It's not necessarily boring, but the surprises are fewer and far between.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers are in their natural state of ping-pong ball chasing to close the Season.

Bout to go down by 30.

We've been practicing for the last three years. Builds character.

Thought the Clips were pretty much locked in at lucky 13, no?
Though, I guess if they beat both DEN and NO, it could get interesting...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All comes down to tomorrow night in Philly. The winner is basically locked in as the 3 seed.

Agree that it would pretty much lock the Cavs into a 3 seed if they won. 76ers wouldn't be quite as firmly locked in though.

I say that beacuse the Cavs have the tiebreaker over the 76ers no matter what. So Cavs would be up 1.5 with the tiebreaker, vs 76ers up 0.5 without the tiebreaker.

IF Cavs win tonight... in order for them to lose the 3 seed they'd have to lose both games to the Knicks and 76ers would have to win out against Mavs, Hawks, and Bucks.

If 76ers win tonight.... in order for them to lose the 3 seed, they'd just have to lose one of their last 3 games, paired with 2 Cavs wins over the Knicks.

A couple things to keep in mind. 1) Bucks might very well be playing to move up to the 7 seed in that last game vs the 76ers. 2) Cavs might very well rest players vs Knicks even though the seeding would still be up in the air.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoke to Steve Kerr and he thinks you're full of shit.

Never bought into that "mailing this one in" crap considering the Warriors were playing all of their top players.

Kerr labels Warriors' effort vs. Pacers 'pathetic'

What's he supposed to say? Come on, bks, you're smarter than this. If you want to paint last night as a meaningful game with any bearing on how the Ws will do in the playoffs, go right ahead.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's he supposed to say? Come on, bks, you're smarter than this. If you want to paint last night as a meaningful game with any bearing on how the Ws will do in the playoffs, go right ahead.

I'm not saying it was meaningful.....But I'm also not going to say the Warriors were mailing it in and didn't want to win last night since KD, Klay, and Dray were all in the lineup. I agree it doesn't have any bearing on how they'll do in the playoffs but they got their ass kicked last night. Simple as that

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying it was meaningful.....But I'm also not going to say the Warriors were mailing it in and didn't want to win last night since KD, Klay, and Dray were all in the lineup. I agree it doesn't have any bearing on how they'll do in the playoffs but they got their ass kicked last night. Simple as that

Yes they got their ass kicked playing at 75% effort which was obvious from watching the game. They didn't hustle, Indiana did. Sure they 'wanted' to win, why not. They played the big 3 because they need to gel before the playoffs, learn to play without Steph. Not because they cared about the game.

They didn't do anything to try to win. They mailed it in. If these teams met tomorrow in the playoffs, even without Curry, it's Warriors in 5. With him it's a sweep.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they got their ass kicked playing at 75% effort which was obvious from watching the game. They didn't hustle, Indiana did. Sure they 'wanted' to win, why not. But they didn't do anything to try to win. They mailed it in. If these teams met tomorrow in the playoffs, even without Curry, it's Warriors in 5. With him it's a sweep.

LOL and who said they would lose. My point was never that the Pacers would stand a chance with the Warriors in a series

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL and who said they would lose. My point was never that the Pacers would stand a chance with the Warriors in a series

So what is your point, we seem to agree here. We both agree they got their asses kicked, because scoreboard.