• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@msgkings322 MMA is not for everyone, I get that.

But, my Husband was a high school wrestler and has taken Jiu Jitsu lessons for two decades.

We've both done krav maga.

Working in Law Enforcement gives you a slightly different appetite for violence.

Some folks, not all.

But, we like it.
Girl, you a bad azz! :dhd:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors have nothing to play for, so they are mailing this one in
I'm just glad Pachulia didn't fall on anyone - or take out any knees.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I like Klay & think he's a great spot up shooter & a great 2-way player, but I would give him up before I give up Dray. Dray is EVERYTHING on that defensive end of the floor AND he's EXCELLENT at executing their offense. Those things would be especially vital if you switch him & Klay in that line up you layed out.

Also, Dray could go to pretty much ANY team and have the same impact he does with GS because of his effort. I can't say the same for Klay. He has to be in the right system to really be impactful, as we've seen when the scoring is left up to him with that second unit. I really would like to see him learn to create his own shot & develop a go-to move. If he does those things IMO his value goes through the roof, especially if he continues to defend at a high clip.
Pretty much this. Klay is my favorite Warrior, but he's the least essential of the big 4

If you could trade him and Bell and picks for AD, you have to. Then I keep rooting for Warrior laundry and also root for Klay.

Reactions: LAD

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much this. Klay is my favorite Warrior, but he's the least essential of the big 4

If you could trade him and Bell and picks for AD, you have to. Then I keep rooting for Warrior laundry and also root for Klay.

No way the Pelicans give up AD for Klay, Bell and late 1st round picks.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A line up with KD, Curry, Dray AND AD would be ridiculous. There would be no drop off IMO even when you have to rest guys because there would be so many options with the proper time management skills.

Another line up that would be crazy would be if LBJ went to Philly. Could you imagine LBJ, Emiid, Simmons & Fultz??? My goodness that would be scary not to mention LBJ would really be able to scale back on minutes which would extend his career.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has 3 more years left on his contract. He is going nowhere. Even if he demands a trade, they won't do anything.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way the Pelicans give up AD for Klay, Bell and late 1st round picks.
I know but a guy can dream! I wonder what it would cost, probably Klay and Dray both

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know but a guy can dream! I wonder what it would cost, probably Klay and Dray both

It is so hard to trade players like AD or Kawhi. It is basically impossible to get commensurate value in return because one superstar is better than 3 all-stars who are better than 8 above average players.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is so hard to trade players like AD or Kawhi. It is basically impossible to get commensurate value in return because one superstar is better than 3 all-stars who are better than 8 above average players.
That's one perspective, but the better teams do those types of trades for the possibility of the pieces fitting well together. It's more relative to how they play together vs. the value of any 1 individual player.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way. That is pointless speculation.

If you had AD, would you trade him for Klay and Dray? Hell no you wouldn't. He is a top 5 player. A legit superstar. You don't trade a guy like that unless you have to. There is no way to get equal value in return.

Now, Kawhi speculation is meaningful because he is disgruntled and the Spurs may have to trade him. But, also not something the Warriors should pursue for 2 reasons:

1) other teams are going to offer more attractive packages than Klay
2) Klay is a free agent in 2019. If he thinks he is being shopped around, what do you think that does to his chances of resigning? Unlike you, I believe Klay wants to be in GS long term.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. That is pointless speculation.

If you had AD, would you trade him for Klay and Dray? Hell no you wouldn't. He is a top 5 player. A legit superstar. You don't trade a guy like that unless you have to. There is no way to get equal value in return.

Now, Kawhi speculation is meaningful because he is disgruntled and the Spurs may have to trade him. But, also not something the Warriors should pursue for 2 reasons:

1) other teams are going to offer more attractive packages than Klay
2) Klay is a free agent in 2019. If he thinks he is being shopped around, what do you think that does to his chances of resigning? Unlike you, I believe Klay wants to be in GS long term.
All very good points. I would also point out we don't know what Kawhi will look like once he returns from his injuries. Will they have any long term effects? Not sure you want to give up such quality players with that many questions lingering.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one perspective, but the better teams do those types of trades for the possibility of the pieces fitting well together. It's more relative to how they play together vs. the value of any 1 individual player.

I don't understand your point here. Better teams do what sorts of trades? You can count on 1 hand the number of super star trades that have ever occurred in the NBA.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand your point here. Better teams do what sorts of trades? You can count on 1 hand the number of super star trades that have ever occurred in the NBA.
lol which means they've been done, yes? That's my point. I never said they're done all the time, but that when they're done there is some theory behind them.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All very good points. I would also point out we don't know what Kawhi will look like once he returns from his injuries. Will they have any long term effects? Not sure you want to give up such quality players with that many questions lingering.

I honestly don't think he is hurt. He was hurt. Now I believe he is sitting because of some combination of pride/retribution and the desire to preserve health going into free agency. Reports I have heard all say he is moving well and looking ready to play in workouts.