• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings tied with the Bulls for 7th/8th because they've lost 5 straight. :sigh:

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think the Bulls plan on winning another game this season
Sitting their best young players because of "injuries" and having Lopez only play in half of any game he starts is a pretty clear sign that they don't want to win. Not the most obvious of tanking going on but still bad.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting their best young players because of "injuries" and having Lopez only play in half of any game he starts is a pretty clear sign that they don't want to win. Not the most obvious of tanking going on but still bad.

Sactown out tanked...

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has always amused me how blatant the tank culture is in the nba while the league still wants to punish anyone who mentions their team doing it.

I know it's the ultimate perverse incentive and in the nba one player can make such a difference that there's nothing you can do about it, but it's funny to me the way that tanking is perceived and talked about both by talking heads and by the league/people in it.

Not to mention the fans. A month ago the wizards came back from down 27 to beat the knicks and reading the knicks boards/twitter posts you would have thought they had just won the Super Bowl given how thrilled everyone was after the "epic tank". Kind of a turnoff in my opinion but like the rest of the world I have no solution to the problem and I was happy for the wizards winning at least lol...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the world is Lonzo ball a 46% ft shooter? T

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching this FSU/Michigan game with a trip to the final 4 on the line.

Absolutely ugly basketball.

I have no idea how people can say CBB>NBA with a straight face

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has always amused me how blatant the tank culture is in the nba while the league still wants to punish anyone who mentions their team doing it.

I know it's the ultimate perverse incentive and in the nba one player can make such a difference that there's nothing you can do about it, but it's funny to me the way that tanking is perceived and talked about both by talking heads and by the league/people in it.

Not to mention the fans. A month ago the wizards came back from down 27 to beat the knicks and reading the knicks boards/twitter posts you would have thought they had just won the Super Bowl given how thrilled everyone was after the "epic tank". Kind of a turnoff in my opinion but like the rest of the world I have no solution to the problem and I was happy for the wizards winning at least lol...
I've been hoping for the Kings to not win a lot towards the end because they need a superstar but I've also enjoyed seeing young players have good games and make clutch shots even if it gives them less ping pong balls. I'd say most Kings fans want them to stop winning and get a top 3-5 pick and I don't really blame them for that but if the guys who should be on the team for years are the main reason they win some games it's not the end of the world. Unfortunately most of their wins are against tanking or banged up teams so instead of looking like they could be good next year they're just the best of the bad. All I can do at this point is either hope lottery luck is on their side for trying to win games or hope that whoever they get at the back end of the top 10 turns into an all star.

The league gave a warning to the Bulls about not playing starters and since then teams have been trying to lose with no response, can't say I'm surprised though. Everyone knows tanking is real and teams are doing it but until a change is made that stops it teams will keep on driving the tank.

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching this FSU/Michigan game with a trip to the final 4 on the line.

Absolutely ugly basketball.

I have no idea how people can say CBB>NBA with a straight face
The problem with CBB is just like the problem with all college sports: random people who won't turn pro are still starters, so the quality is lower.

The problem with the NBA (for many fans) is that most years you more or less know how the playoffs are going to go and there aren't typically any cindarella stories. This year is the most interesting nba season/playoffs in at least a couple years just because we don't already know for sure who's going to be in the finals like we have the last few.

It is a question of what you are willing to give up. Personally I am really enjoying March Madness right now and while the quality of play is lower, the fact that a random team like Loyola Chicago can string together a bunch of inspired wins in a row is really cool. But of course the quality is much lower than the pros.

I say there are different strokes for different folks but of course the differences can be broken down a little bit as I tried to do above.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@flyerhawk @Sparhawk @knowyourenemy ..

Philly is DESTROYING Minny.

It's a fucking massacre.

Yeah. They sat the starters early in the 4th only to need to bring them back late in the game after a late run. The score flatters to deceive. The Sixers stomped on them.

The Sixers have 3 games left against teams with winning records. Monday at home against the Nuggets, home against the Cavs, and home against the Bucks.

If they keep playing the way they have the last few games, 50 wins is a possibility. I had said before the season started that if everything went right they could maybe hit 50 wins. Although my target win projection was 45-48.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao @ this mofo.

Be a pro even if you hate the question.

Clown. Not fouling down 4 with 10+ seconds to go was just dumb especially with how poor Michigan shot free throws in the final minutes tonight. Dude allowed his players to quit on the game

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clown. Not fouling down 4 with 10+ seconds to go was just dumb especially with how poor Michigan shot free throws in the final minutes tonight. Dude allowed his players to quit on the game
.....and then acted like a dick when he got called on it.

Now the whole world knows he's a idiot and a clown.