• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching this FSU/Michigan game with a trip to the final 4 on the line.

Absolutely ugly basketball.

I have no idea how people can say CBB>NBA with a straight face

It's not. Those that say it is can't separate the emotional attachment they have to a school from the actual product on the court (same goes for other sports too). They have a better time because they're emotionally attached to their school and therefore they think that happiness means its a better game when really they just like feeling apart of something.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not. Those that say it is can't separate the emotional attachment they have to a school from the actual product on the court (same goes for other sports too). They have a better time because they're emotionally attached to their school and therefore they think that happiness means its a better game when really they just like feeling apart of something.

Exactly. Most of sports fandom is about being part of a tribe, with the colors and rituals and history and shared experiences with other fans. A Kentucky or Duke CBB fan simply enjoys being in that tribe and a Celtics or Spurs fan prefers that one. Of course you can be in both, but it's not quality of play that gets people to prefer CBB.

March Madness has a pretty unique and fun one-and-done format, with the excitement of unpaid (mostly) kids going crazy after wins. The NBA is about great basketball.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....and then acted like a dick when he got called on it.

Now the whole world knows he's a idiot and a clown.

I don't know about all that.

First off, I have met Leonard Hamilton a couple times and he seems like a good dude. Granted, most college coaches seem that way when they are on a high school campus recruiting, but Hamilton more than most.

Second, I tend to give coaches and players a bit of a pass on these situations. He is being interviewed seconds after a heartbreaking loss. His team was 1 win and literally seconds away from a final 4 bid and his hopes got extinguished. Immediately following a difficult loss like that is such a tremendous low point for a coach. It is a moment that he will harp on the rest of his life.

Yes, they should have fouled. Yes, he could have handled the question better. But I also hate the fact that media has access to players and coaches so shortly after a crushing defeat. It is almost like a setup. Nobody is on their A game in that moment.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitchell is phenomenal and he'd be the ROY if Simmons wasn't considered a rookie.

Simmons is doing sick things.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown going with the hyperbole talking about Simmons.....just say he's great. No need for all that other stuff.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andre Ball was overshadowed with his more famous cousins there....

Kid needs to gain some weight.......6-7 and 170 pounds.

Still, the idea to take his kids overseas is questionable at best. Is he going to keep the youngest over there until 19?

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These SC featured stories are inspriring and tear jerking, especially when it involves Tim Rinaldi

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, the idea to take his kids overseas is questionable at best. Is he going to keep the youngest over there until 19?

Trust me, I thought it was stupid.....but he's clearly looking out for himself, more than his kids....even though he says different.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three weeks left of the regular season, and the first round lasts for 1-2 weeks. It'd be preferable for Curry to return for round 2, but he'll be needed for round 3. Depending on the severity, he should be healed up enough.
Exactly. People acting like he'll never play again.
Two years ago they rushed him back from the knee injury. This year they won't have to. HUGE difference

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can win the title without Steph.

But they definitely won't be favored against the Rockets. Probably still would be against everybody else.
Oh I agree

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG @LAD

She is going to be a heartbreaker. She's adorable.

Growing up fast. Remember when you were pregnant with her on FN.....I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday.
Time flies my friend!!

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not the same Rockets team. Everyone has a take on a team like this, until they don't. Warriors hadn't won a title in 40 years until they did.

Here's some real talk, from BEFORE Curry got hurt again:

Why Can’t The Rockets Be The Warriors?
So do you have money on the Rockets winning it all?? Wondering why a GS fan is so infatuated with their top competitor. Goodness you have been borderline montalban lately.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sound like Monty.

Be more optimistic bro. Nothing but good times for the Dubs. Besides, if they do lose one now, does it make it more likely they all resign?

I still think Klay and Dray are Dubs for life.
Great minds my friend

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitchell is phenomenal and he'd be the ROY if Simmons wasn't considered a rookie.

Simmons is doing sick things.

It's funny hearing the talking heads talk about Simmons. They just can't figure out how to label him. He doesn't shoot outside but so far that doesn't seem to be much of factor.

I've heard more than a few pundits say that they wanted to see how Simmons and the Sixers would do in the playoffs.

Obviously the Sixers are very young and that will likely limit their performance but I really question how much the playoffs will affects Simmons. There are very few players that can keep him from scoring at the rim one on one. And if you close down on him, his passing is good enough to get to just about on the court.

I would have to think that no team wants to face them this playoffs round.