• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@LAD why are you so sensitive?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about all that.

First off, I have met Leonard Hamilton a couple times and he seems like a good dude. Granted, most college coaches seem that way when they are on a high school campus recruiting, but Hamilton more than most.

Second, I tend to give coaches and players a bit of a pass on these situations. He is being interviewed seconds after a heartbreaking loss. His team was 1 win and literally seconds away from a final 4 bid and his hopes got extinguished. Immediately following a difficult loss like that is such a tremendous low point for a coach. It is a moment that he will harp on the rest of his life.

Yes, they should have fouled. Yes, he could have handled the question better. But I also hate the fact that media has access to players and coaches so shortly after a crushing defeat. It is almost like a setup. Nobody is on their A game in that moment.
But, that's part of the business.

Maybe they should give them time to regain their composure.

Since they don't, you have to be a professional.

He tried to embarrass her because she asked a legitimate question.

I take your word for the type of guy he is.

But, for someone like me who was being exposed to him for the first time, he looked like a Dick.

Reactions: LAD

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny hearing the talking heads talk about Simmons. They just can't figure out how to label him. He doesn't shoot outside but so far that doesn't seem to be much of factor.

I've heard more than a few pundits say that they wanted to see how Simmons and the Sixers would do in the playoffs.

Obviously the Sixers are very young and that will likely limit their performance but I really question how much the playoffs will affects Simmons. There are very few players that can keep him from scoring at the rim one on one. And if you close down on him, his passing is good enough to get to just about on the court.

I would have to think that no team wants to face them this playoffs round.
They have scary depth up front.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching this FSU/Michigan game with a trip to the final 4 on the line.

Absolutely ugly basketball.

I have no idea how people can say CBB>NBA with a straight face

It's not better...it's different.

The NBA is a better, more polished product. College basketball is a more exciting product, especially during March Madness.

College is never going to be as good or as polished as the NBA because the vast majority of those players will never even play overseas, let alone in the NBA. So, if you watch college basketball expecting to see an NBA quality product...you're going to be disappointed every time. But, if you watch it accepting it for what it is (kids playing their hearts out and knowing their basketball career is over as soon as their senior season ends) it's a lot of fun.

So, while the NBA is definitely a better overall product, you also never see the crazy upsets like a #16 seed taking down a #1 seed. Or an #11 making a run to the final four. The NBA having 7 games series while college has a lose and go home set up, makes those upsets you see in college virtually impossible.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca what do you think Wiggy would say about Bojan Bogdanovic having a career year in Indy?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, that's part of the business.

Maybe they should give them time to regain their composure.

Since they don't, you have to be a professional.

He tried to embarrass her because she asked a legitimate question.

I take your word for the type of guy he is.

But, for someone like me who was being exposed to him for the first time, he looked like a Dick.

I know and I get it.

He issued an apology today, which he should have.

I have a lot of empathy for these guys. One head coach I used to assist had a rule. He never said anything to players in our post game meeting aside from reminding them of our schedule for the coming days. He never spoke to them about anything specific that happened during game in that moment for 2 reasons:

1) emotions were running high, both for him and the players
2) he always wanted to watch film to either confirm or refute his original thoughts. You just can't see it all in real time.

I thought it was a pretty brilliant policy. Hamilton's interview would have been much different with the benefit of even a little time. I wish the media policy would allow for that.

Reactions: LAD

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know and I get it.

He issued an apology today, which he should have.

I have a lot of empathy for these guys. One head coach I used to assist had a rule. He never said anything to players in our post game meeting aside from reminding them of our schedule for the coming days. He never spoke to them about anything specific that happened during game in that moment for 2 reasons:

1) emotions were running high, both for him and the players
2) he always wanted to watch film to either confirm or refute his original thoughts. You just can't see it all in real time.

I thought it was a pretty brilliant policy. Hamilton's interview would have been much different with the benefit of even a little time. I wish the media policy would allow for that.
Yeah, he's a human being and this is his livelihood at stake.

So, I get it.

I'm glad he apologized.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it like baseball where you get a new roster for each round?

Nope but I think Quinn Cook is on a 2 way contract (could be wrong). They're going to have to add him and sign him to a rel deal I believe which means they'll have to cut one of their 15

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was right

For Cook to be eligible for the postseason, the Warriors must pull him off his two-way deal and sign him to a standard NBA contract by April 11. The playoff roster must be submitted to the league by noon on April 13.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love this heat coaching staff.

Tyler Johnson was clearly the best guard on the roster but yet they refused to give him any clutch time minutes today.

Shooting 70% and hitting 5 3's can't even get him on the court late in games. What a joke

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Kansas....
giphy.gif

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portland doing what they always do (this season at least).....dominate the Thunder