• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No not best ever in terms of player ranking. I meant best ever in his career. You know, some have actually been saying this has been his best season ever...only because of his stats. But others who believe that defense is important have disagreed - citing his earlier days when he WAS a lock down defender.

This is his best year, statiscally, on offense.

He has obviously lost a step because of age and mileage.

But, he is still better than everyone else as a complete player.

It's kinda like 2nd threepeat Jordan vs. the first.

Not as bouncy. But, smarter and does more things outside of scoring.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell no, he can't.

LeBron is 2nd in the NBA in dimes.

This one is not even a debate, my friend.

Kevin can get his anytime he wants, anywhere he wants.

But, creating for others?

That's Draymond's job for a reason.
Gotcha...I thought you meant create his own shot.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, he is still better than everyone else as a complete player.
But if he has to defend in "spots" then he's not a complete player anymore IMO. And it happens at this age, so I'm not saying it's not normal. But, IMO being the BEST at something means there isn't anyone better - and in this case there are guys who can be efficient on offense AND defense consistently.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're funny. My point was he had 17 assist & 0 TO's & all you could do is focus on his defensive effort, or lack there of. No matter what he does you'll always be overly critical of him. And what's odd is simply disliking the fella like I do seemingly isn't enough for you. Have you ever seen me be overly critical towards chiefslakers67? At least he has a sense of humor about his dislike of LeBron. You on the other hand are the complete opposite.

If Kobe was still playing, and at a high level, I'd be railling against him often.

Sometimes you just hate a mother Fucker, even if it's irrational.

I hate Draymond, Marcus Smart and Cp3.

So, come playoffs time, get ready.

:yell:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if he has to defend in "spots" then he's not a complete player anymore IMO. And it happens at this age, so I'm not saying it's not normal. But, IMO being the BEST at something means there isn't anyone better - and in this case there are guys who can be efficient on offense AND defense consistently.

Okay...

How's this....

Even if we call him a shit defender, he's still better than everyone else because of all the other things he does.

Who do you think is ranked ahead of him?

Durant, no. Not this year in any category outside of blocks and shooting %.

Giannis, no. Still can't shoot.

Harden, lol.

Westbrook, no. Freaky athlete. But, doesn't pass the eye test.

Davis........maybe him on sight. But, doesn't create. So.....nope.

So, who is better all around?

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron has already surpassed KAJ/MAGIC, next is Jordan and he only needs one more title to do so, imo.

If you asked me who I'd take as a GM, if LeBron/Jordan were both coming into the league, and I knew how'd their careers would pan out, I'd take LeBron no questions asked.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron has already surpassed KAJ/MAGIC, next is Jordan and he only needs one more title to do so, imo.

If you asked me who I'd take as a GM, if LeBron/Jordan were both coming into the league, and I knew how'd their careers would pan out, I'd take LeBron no questions asked.
If he wins this year, with this team......

Yeah, okay.

Grudgingly agree to heavily consider it....best I can do...lol

If he goes to play Superfriends in Houston next year, he needs way more than 1.

* Completely ignores the first part of your first sentence *

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay...

How's this....

Even if we call him a shit defender, he's still better than everyone else because of all the other things he does.

Harden, lol.

I think there's an argument to be made, based off what is expected out of a player. Lebron is a do-it-all type of player. He is a system.

Durant is a guy who's going to put up points, get a good number or boards, some assists, but also he's an elite defender now. That's not insignificant.

If the argument is solely based off who you could build a team around, I think there's equal merit to both players, depending on who you have surrounding them. If you're asking who does more for their team, it's Lebron no question.

I feel like trying to simply compare two players based off of their statistical output doesn't tell a full story.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's an argument to be made, based off what is expected out of a player. Lebron is a do-it-all type of player. He is a system.

Durant is a guy who's going to put up points, get a good number or boards, some assists, but also he's an elite defender now. That's not insignificant.

If the argument is solely based off who you could build a team around, I think there's equal merit to both players, depending on who you have surrounding them. If you're asking who does more for their team, it's Lebron no question.

I feel like trying to simply compare two players based off of their statistical output doesn't tell a full story.
Oh, totally agree.

Numbers never tell the whole story.

But, in your opinion, who's better?

I expect several different reasons WHY depending on who is answering the question and team needs.

Swiss army knife vs. a sniper rifle.

You could use the rifle to open a can of soup.

But, it could get messy...lol

You can use the knife to fight a bear.

But, you getting Fucked up with the quicks.

It's all subjective. But, I give LeBron the nod.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, totally agree.

Numbers never tell the whole story.

But, in your opinion, who's better?

I expect several different reasons WHY depending on who is answering the question and team needs.

Swiss army knife vs. a sniper rifle.

You could use the rifle to open a can of soup.

But, it could get messy...lol

You can use the knife to fight a bear.

But, you getting Fucked up with the quicks.

It's all subjective. But, I give LeBron the nod.

Lebron is better. Still think he's the best in the game. Durant is behind Lebron, but it's been the narrowest margin between the two as it's ever been, IMO.

The reason the gap is bridging for me is that Lebron is declining as a defender whereas Durant has somehow increased his defensive abilities. Really the only area that Lebron has a real edge in is simply assists and play making. But that is also a huge part of what makes him great.

I really think because of how well Durant plays defense now, it's more of a 1A and 1B versus every year previous when it was clear cut 1 and 2. Lebron is still 1A and will continue to be until we see some sort of significant decline in his production. He just does so much and is so great at it, that its hard to put anyone above him, regardless of how well someone else is doing.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay...

How's this....

Harden, lol.

Ok how's this:
If we're taking defense out of the equation, then we're only left with the offensive side of the court, right?
So, you don't think guys that are prolific scorers, like a Harden or KD aren't better? They can create their own shots better than he can, AND they are better shooters, agreed?

Both of them do pass the ball - Harden is averaging 8 assists this season & KD is averaging over 5. That's with Harding sharing the PG role with CP3 & KD playing with Steph AND Dray. LBJ this season is averaging 9 assists.

Also, both of them shoot F/T's better. KD 's F/T % is 16% better than LBJ - Harden's is 14% better. That is HUGE given the fact those aren't even guarded shots.

LBJ's only averaging 1 more point per game this season than KD - and 3 points less than Harden. Let's also remember this season LBJ has played 7 more games than Harden & 11 more games than KD. KD shoots the 3 @ 43%, Harden @ 37% & LBJ @ 36%.

LBJ does have a slight edge over KD on FG%, but not by much. He is much more efficient than Harden, I will give him that. But, KD & Harden shoot more jumpers than LBJ.

So, after looking at all of these things on offense - and then consider that KD is also doing more than LBJ on defense how could LBJ still be considered the best complete player? And after looking at it from this perspective -only considering offense - Harden gives him a run for his money too.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok how's this:
If we're taking defense out of the equation, then we're only left with the offensive side of the court, right?
So, you don't think guys that are prolific scorers, like a Harden or KD aren't better? They can create their own shots better than he can, AND they are better shooters, agreed?

Both of them do pass the ball - Harden is averaging 8 assists this season & KD is averaging over 5. That's with Harding sharing the PG role with CP3 & KD playing with Steph AND Dray. LBJ this season is averaging 9 assists.

Also, both of them shoot F/T's better. KD 's F/T % is 16% better than LBJ - Harden's is 14% better. That is HUGE given the fact those aren't even guarded shots.

LBJ's only averaging 1 more point per game this season than KD - and 3 points less than Harden. Let's also remember this season LBJ has played 7 more games than Harden & 11 more games than KD. KD shoots the 3 @ 43%, Harden @ 37% & LBJ @ 36%.

LBJ does have a slight edge over KD on FG%, but not by much. He is much more efficient than Harden, I will give him that. But, KD & Harden shoot more jumpers than LBJ.

So, after looking at all of these things on offense - and then consider that KD is also doing more than LBJ on defense how could LBJ still be considered the best complete player? And after looking at it from this perspective -only considering offense - Harden gives him a run for his money too.
Who took defense out?

Even with defense, LeBron has been better this year.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is better. Still think he's the best in the game. Durant is behind Lebron, but it's been the narrowest margin between the two as it's ever been, IMO.

The reason the gap is bridging for me is that Lebron is declining as a defender whereas Durant has somehow increased his defensive abilities. Really the only area that Lebron has a real edge in is simply assists and play making. But that is also a huge part of what makes him great.

I really think because of how well Durant plays defense now, it's more of a 1A and 1B versus every year previous when it was clear cut 1 and 2. Lebron is still 1A and will continue to be until we see some sort of significant decline in his production. He just does so much and is so great at it, that its hard to put anyone above him, regardless of how well someone else is doing.
I agree with 1A & 1B, but just reversed with KD first & LBJ second. IMO KD's defensive edge is too much to overlook in terms of rating them & huge for his team.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who took defense out?

Even with defense, LeBron has been better this year.
Sorry, I misunderstood again. My assumption when you said if we considered LBJ's defense as shitty.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, it is no doubt narrowing.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets lapped by 2 or 3 guys next year.

But, he's still on top, declining defense et all, this year.