• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, he's what? 33 now? In his younger days, he could carry his team offensively and shut down the opponents best player. At 33, he can't do that any more. At least not all game long.

Because he no longer can do both all game long, he has to pick the end of the court where he can have the greater influence and that's the offensive end. Defensively, he has to pick and choose his spots.

We saw Kobe go through the same thing when he started getting old.
Well I technically agree, but this can't be true if he's playing his BEST EVER basketball is also true. Gotta be one or the other.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Annnd, that has nothing to do with my post, so I take it you silently agree.

Annnnd no I don't agree w/ you when you're being overly critical of a player you can't stand. Everyone knows I'm no Kobe fan but never did I try to diminish him in the manner you do w/ LeBron on such a regular basis. Hell LeBron could go 15-15 from the field, 5-5 from downtown, 10-10 from the line, finish w/ 45 pts, 14 rebs, 14 asts & you'd still find something negative to say about his game.

Maybe your issue w/ him is it bothers you to know that LeBron statistically is a better all around player than Kobe? Seriously look it up. Through 14 full seasons LeBron averages more pts, rebs, asts, stls, blks, has a better FG% & a better 3 pt%.That would be the only thing that makes sense. And please spare me the stuff that rings are the only way to judge a player because if that's the case then Jason white chocolate Williams (1 ring) > John Stockton (0 rings).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I technically agree, but this can't be true if he's playing his BEST EVER basketball is also true. Gotta be one or the other.

Not really. Being the best player in the league doesn't mean being the best at every facet.

He is still the best player in basketball. He's also 33 with a lot of mileage on his body. He is still one of the best defenders in the league, he just can't do it all game long anymore, so he has to pick his spots. That's just a concession that has to be made to Father Time, not something that stops him from still being the best player in the league.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stats absolutely matter. But, they matter on both sides of the ball.

It's the difference between taking Kawhi over Harden.
EXACTLY! And this is true for EVERY player IMO. Never understood how some people think steals/blocks should or shouldn't be seen as supporting factors on defense. SMH

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because he was tiny. Little guys can swat the ball away from a tall guy dribbling it. This happens way too often to KD when he brings the ball up.
Pau Gasol had an outstanding understanding of this & was great with catching the ball high when he was playing with the Lakers.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Annnnd no I don't agree w/ you when you're being overly critical of a player you can't stand. Everyone knows I'm no Kobe fan but never did I try to diminish him in the manner you do w/ LeBron on such a regular basis. Hell LeBron could go 15-15 from the field, 5-5 from downtown, 10-10 from the line, finish w/ 45 pts, 14 rebs, 14 asts & you'd still find something negative to say about his game.

Maybe your issue w/ him is it bothers you to know that LeBron statistically is a better all around player than Kobe? Seriously look it up. Through 14 full seasons LeBron averages more pts, rebs, asts, stls, blks, has a better FG% & a better 3 pt%.That would be the only thing that makes sense. And please spare me the stuff that rings are the only way to judge a player because if that's the case then Jason white chocolate Williams (1 ring) > John Stockton (0 rings).
And to your point, you are the biggest critic of someone expressing ANY comment regarding LBJ. If someone is praising him you jump down their throat, if someone criticizes him you jump down their throat. Seriously, with all the toking you do one would think you'd be waaaaay more laid back. SMH

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Being the best player in the league doesn't mean being the best at every facet.

He is still the best player in basketball. He's also 33 with a lot of mileage on his body. He is still one of the best defenders in the league, he just can't do it all game long anymore, so he has to pick his spots. That's just a concession that has to be made to Father Time, not something that stops him from still being the best player in the league.
So, if father time is creeping in & he has to "pick when he can defend" how can he still be the best? Wouldn't that be slighting the rest of the guys who CAN still get it done regularly on both ends? KD can carry his team on offense AND have a great impact on defense...yet he shouldn't be looked at as the best when his counter part can no longer do the same? Showing "flashes" means you're no longer the best. Seems like some want to tip the scale just a bit when it comes to LBJ. And lets remember, the same was said when Kobe got to this stage in his career. That laker fans should just accept that he's no longer the best because LBJ could do so much more on the court. LBJ is now at that crossroad in his career.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if father time is creeping in & he has to "pick when he can defend" how can he still be the best?

Because, as I said, being the best player in the game doesn't mean being the best at every facet of the game.
Wouldn't that be slighting the rest of the guys who CAN still get it done regularly on both ends? KD can carry his team on offense AND have a great impact on defense...yet he shouldn't be looked at as the best when his counter part can no longer do the same? Showing "flashes" means you're no longer the best. Seems like some want to tip the scale just a bit when it comes to LBJ.

No, it wouldn't be slighting them because he's dominating most of the other aspects of the game. He's nearly averaging a triple double AND can still play lock down defense when needed.

KD isn't the best in the game at every facet either.

I agree that some folks try to give Lebron "extra credit" too much, but in this case, he deserves it. No extra credit needed.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXACTLY! And this is true for EVERY player IMO. Never understood how some people think steals/blocks should or shouldn't be seen as supporting factors on defense. SMH

Because they aren't the defensive stats that matter.

Dennis Rodman averaged .7 steals and .6 blocks for his career.

Kevin Love averages .7 steals and .5 blocks. They must be comparable defenders, right?

Bruce Bowen averaged .8 steals and .4 blocks. James Harden averages 1.5 steals and .5 blocks. Harden is clearly far superior to Bowen defensively based on the "stats".

So yeah, like I said, blocks and steals don't mean anything. Rodman and Bowen were both all world defenders. Love and Harden are literally known for being bad on defense.

You need to do better. Blocks and steals are only a very small part of the equation as to what makes a good defender and possibly the least important factor for non-centers.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if father time is creeping in & he has to "pick when he can defend" how can he still be the best? Wouldn't that be slighting the rest of the guys who CAN still get it done regularly on both ends? KD can carry his team on offense AND have a great impact on defense...yet he shouldn't be looked at as the best when his counter part can no longer do the same? Showing "flashes" means you're no longer the best. Seems like some want to tip the scale just a bit when it comes to LBJ. And lets remember, the same was said when Kobe got to this stage in his career. That laker fans should just accept that he's no longer the best because LBJ could do so much more on the court. LBJ is now at that crossroad in his career.
Because his offensive skill set, OVERALL, his size, speed, strength, court vision....mitigate his occasionally less than stellar defense.

James Harden is a better scorer.

But, not a better rebounder, defender and assists are a wash.

Durant is a better scorer, better at blocks.

But, he's not as strong, fast can't create as well.

The Brow is a much better defensive player.

Can't create nearly as well.

Curry is a better shooter.

But, see all the Shit I just typed about Harden and Durant.

LeBron has way more pros than everyone else.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because, as I said, being the best player in the game doesn't mean being the best at every facet of the game.

No, it wouldn't be slighting them because he's dominating most of the other aspects of the game. He's nearly averaging a triple double AND can still play lock down defense when needed.

KD isn't the best in the game at every facet either.

I agree that some folks try to give Lebron "extra credit" too much, but in this case, he deserves it. No extra credit needed.

Bron is 3rd in scoring, 14th in boards and 2nd in dimes.

Durant is 5th in scoring, not in the top 30 in boards and 23rd in dimes.

His 1.9 blocks to Lebron's 1.0 does not close the gap.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it should factor.

You are absolutely right about that.

But, it shouldn't be the only barometer.

When M Gasol won DPOY, he averaged 1.7 blocks.

Ibaka averaged 3.

Dray won last year with 1.4 blocks.

Gobert had 2.6.

Last edited:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to your point, you are the biggest critic of someone expressing ANY comment regarding LBJ. If someone is praising him you jump down their throat, if someone criticizes him you jump down their throat. Seriously, with all the toking you do one would think you'd be waaaaay more laid back. SMH
@Wamu

Woooooooosaaaaaaaaa!

#CaliWeed

tumblr_n1fwaeAsib1st59yxo4_1280.jpg

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best ever?

Hell no...lol

In fairness, I don't think there is anything, realistically, that he could do to put him ahead of Jordan, in my eyes.

I have him 3ish.

My love for Magic won't allow me to out and out rank him higher and he is definitely still behind Jordan and Kareem FOR ME.

I still think he's the best current player though the gap is closing.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings/Hawks game was delayed because of a protest outside of the arena. No fans are being allowed in and the crowd is pretty small
DY8I4JGVwAAl-1I.jpg