• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their main lottery picks since 2013
2013: Oladipo(solid player but didn't take off until after being traded)
2014: Aaron Gordon
Dario Saric(traded for Elfrid Payton who they just traded for a 2nd round pick)
2015: Super Mario
2016: Sabonis(traded with Oladipo)
2017: Isaac
Might not be Kings quality bad because all the drafted players are still in the NBA, but still a rough stretch without even looking at guys drafted after.

Yikes that's bad. I like Aaron Gordon but he isn't going to take your franchise anywhere as the top guy.

Can't judge Isaac yet since he's been hurt a lot.

The Magic and Kings are a great example why I HATE building almost strictly through the draft. You really need to hit on your lottery pick and by hit, I mean draft a superstar

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they had kept those picks, they'd be looking at a pretty talented team. Might be a borderline playoff team.

PG: ?
SG: Oladipo
SF: Gordon
PF: Saric
C: Sabonis

Not bad.
If they still drafted 6th last year with that team the PG spot could go to Dennis Smith Jr.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes that's bad. I like Aaron Gordon but he isn't going to take your franchise anywhere as the top guy.

Can't judge Isaac yet since he's been hurt a lot.

The Magic and Kings are a great example why I HATE building almost strictly through the draft. You really need to hit on your lottery pick and by hit, I mean draft a superstar
It's not like the Kings needed to hit superstars with their picks, just good players. If you take Jimmer, McLemore, T-Rob, and Stauskas out and replace them with Kemba, Barnes, CJ, and Saric or McBuckets or LaVine, the team looks 100x better. Even just getting Kemba and CJ to go with Boogie would be a good start, but it was swing and miss 4 years in a row. It's all easy to say now but those 4 failures plus trading fuckups set them back so far they had to trade Cousins. But getting a superstar is why so many teams are tanking this year, more than I can remember in recent years. They think Ayton or Doncic or MPJ can be their big hit to start or accelerate the process of contending. The Kings need a superstar though, maybe one or two guys on the team can fill that void.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so if we were only talking about that particular game - but this isn't the only game where he's given minimal effort on defense. Just about everyone is talking about it citing the excuse that more is expected from him on offense. So, with that said, are you comfortable using this theory for EVERY game?

I have made no comments about LeBron or his defensive effort. I haven't said anything about him getting a pass on the defensive end because he is expected to carry the load offensively either.

What I have said is that blocks and steals are not indicative of anything resembling quality defense. That is fact.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok....it's right.

I initially thought about arguing Pippen and Barkley because of defense.

Yeah, it was a total slaughter in Rings * 6 to 0* and All defensive Teams * 10 to 0 *.

But, until Houston, Barkley was the Alpha for most of his career and Scottie was a very good beta.

So, Chuck had the better numbers and I'd put him ahead.

Charles Barkley vs. Scottie Pippen Comparison

I hear that argument, but who would you rather have on your team?

The alpha/beta thing is way overrated. I would take Pippen over Barkley 100%. He impacted the game in more ways and IMO is very underrated on all time rankings.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I have said is that blocks and steals are not indicative of anything resembling quality defense. That is fact.

LOL never understood why people always think steals and blocks mean you're a good or bad defensive player.

Iverson always used to lead the league or close to the top in SPG and I never thought he was some good defender

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their main lottery picks since 2013
2013: Oladipo(solid player but didn't take off until after being traded)
2014: Aaron Gordon
Dario Saric(traded for Elfrid Payton who they just traded for a 2nd round pick)
2015: Super Mario
2016: Sabonis(traded with Oladipo)
2017: Isaac
Might not be Kings quality bad because all the drafted players are still in the NBA, but still a rough stretch without even looking at guys drafted after.

Let’s not forget — when they traded Saric for Payton, they also included the 2017 1st round pick that the 76ers had moronically given up in the Andrew Bynum debacle. That pick was, I believe, unprotected. The 76ers were then able to gain swap rights from the Kings for that pick

Regardless, they traded Saric and a future top 5 pick for Payton.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear that argument, but who would you rather have on your team?

The alpha/beta thing is way overrated. I would take Pippen over Barkley 100%. He impacted the game in more ways and IMO is very underrated on all time rankings.
Part of it is because Barkley was a knucklehead for many years.

But, yes.

I'd rather have Pip.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though 1 is a SF and 1 is a short PF.....I'd take Pippen over Barkley.
That was my initial thought.

But, mostly because of defense.

Barkley averaged 6 ppg more and Damn near double the boards over his career.

Pip averaged 1 1/2 assists more and made 10 all defensive Teams, 8 were 1st Team.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s not forget — when they traded Saric for Payton, they also included the 2017 1st round pick that the 76ers had moronically given up in the Andrew Bynum debacle. That pick was, I believe, unprotected. The 76ers were then able to gain swap rights from the Kings for that pick

Regardless, they traded Saric and a future top 5 pick for Payton.
Saric for Payton straight up would have been bad for Orlando, that just makes it worse.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,747.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my initial thought.

But, mostly because of defense.

Barkley averaged 6 ppg more and double the boards over his career.

Pip averaged 1 1/2 assists more and made 10 all defensive Teams, 8 were 1st Team.

It's not all about the stats for me.

Intangibles so I'm taking Pippen.