• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like a bizarro Simmons?

At best, the LAL pick would only have a 2-3% chance of going to BOS, so I'm ok with those odds..... :2cents:

Devil's advocate...

The good news - He was aggressive, had short term memory and continued to have the confidence to take the open shot.

The bad news - He continued to have the open shot because he was 1 of 12 from 3.

Those last 3 were just....

:L

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had this same issue in CBB. It was either dunk or 3 pt attempt

Cuz he's got no handles or speed. He can't actually beat his man. Nothing about his offensive game shocks me. All his flaws have played out exactly how I thought they would so far.

Also, KCP should be arrested for point shaving. You can't convince he wasn't out there literally throwing the game away on purpose tonight.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also also, The Grizzlies should be contracted from the league.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because, as I said, being the best player in the game doesn't mean being the best at every facet of the game.

No, it wouldn't be slighting them because he's dominating most of the other aspects of the game. He's nearly averaging a triple double AND can still play lock down defense when needed.

KD isn't the best in the game at every facet either.

I agree that some folks try to give Lebron "extra credit" too much, but in this case, he deserves it. No extra credit needed.
LOL ok well it's your opinion that being the best player in the game doesn't mean being the best at every facet of the game. And it's my opinion that's tomfoolery. Seriously. And no KD isn't averaging a triple double - my guess is probably because he's busy PLAYING DEFENSE too! hahaha

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they aren't the defensive stats that matter.

Dennis Rodman averaged .7 steals and .6 blocks for his career.

Kevin Love averages .7 steals and .5 blocks. They must be comparable defenders, right?

Bruce Bowen averaged .8 steals and .4 blocks. James Harden averages 1.5 steals and .5 blocks. Harden is clearly far superior to Bowen defensively based on the "stats".

So yeah, like I said, blocks and steals don't mean anything. Rodman and Bowen were both all world defenders. Love and Harden are literally known for being bad on defense.

You need to do better. Blocks and steals are only a very small part of the equation as to what makes a good defender and possibly the least important factor for non-centers.
And so when did I say they told the ENTIRE story? As a matter of fact I already said the don't tell the entire story. My goodness, why are you picking to argue?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because his offensive skill set, OVERALL, his size, speed, strength, court vision....mitigate his occasionally less than stellar defense.

James Harden is a better scorer.

But, not a better rebounder, defender and assists are a wash.

Durant is a better scorer, better at blocks.

But, he's not as strong, fast can't create as well.

The Brow is a much better defensive player.

Can't create nearly as well.

Curry is a better shooter.

But, see all the Shit I just typed about Harden and Durant.

LeBron has way more pros than everyone else.
KD can't create as well as LBJ?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to your point, you are the biggest critic of someone expressing ANY comment regarding LBJ. If someone is praising him you jump down their throat, if someone criticizes him you jump down their throat. Seriously, with all the toking you do one would think you'd be waaaaay more laid back. SMH

You're funny. My point was he had 17 assist & 0 TO's & all you could do is focus on his defensive effort, or lack there of. No matter what he does you'll always be overly critical of him. And what's odd is simply disliking the fella like I do seemingly isn't enough for you. Have you ever seen me be overly critical towards chiefslakers67? At least he has a sense of humor about his dislike of LeBron. You on the other hand are the complete opposite.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Wamu

Woooooooosaaaaaaaaa!

#CaliWeed

tumblr_n1fwaeAsib1st59yxo4_1280.jpg

Now that's a helluva doober.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it should factor.

You are absolutely right about that.

But, it shouldn't be the only barometer.
Couldn't agree more - and that's something I've already said too. But the other extreme is guys winning MVP awards that don't even know there's two sides of the court. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're funny. My point was he had 17 assist & 0 TO's & all you could do is focus on his defensive effort, or lack there of. No matter what he does you'll always be overly critical of him. And what's odd is simply disliking the fella like I do seemingly isn't enough for you. Have you ever seen me be overly critical towards chiefslakers67? At least he has a sense of humor about his dislike of LeBron. You on the other hand are the complete opposite.
WAMU why does my dislike for someone or my opinion of them mean so much to you? To the point that you've taken the s$*! from your azz & literally thrown it on my post?

So what if I think he should play more defense? I think that about a lot of guys who play basketball. This convo just happened to be about LBJ. And for the record, I didn't say he isn't a good player. And I don't think that I have to keep saying that he is when I mention his areas of improvement...especially not to make you feel warm & fuzzy on the inside.

Like I said, you should be waaaay more relaxed than you are...maybe you need to change dispensaries or something cause that ain't the good stuff you're getting.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best ever?

Hell no...lol

In fairness, I don't think there is anything, realistically, that he could do to put him ahead of Jordan, in my eyes.

I have him 3ish.

My love for Magic won't allow me to out and out rank him higher and he is definitely still behind Jordan and Kareem FOR ME.

I still think he's the best current player though the gap is closing.
No not best ever in terms of player ranking. I meant best ever in his career. You know, some have actually been saying this has been his best season ever...only because of his stats. But others who believe that defense is important have disagreed - citing his earlier days when he WAS a lock down defender.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now with Kyrie out looks like Cle's path to the Finals could be a little easier if he doesn't recover in time for it to matter.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Create what? His own shot or plays for others? Own shots KD is superior, but for others Lebron's clearly on another level than KD.

Reactions: LAD

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell no, he can't.

LeBron is 2nd in the NBA in dimes.

This one is not even a debate, my friend.

Kevin can get his anytime he wants, anywhere he wants.

But, creating for others?

That's Draymond's job for a reason.

Reactions: LAD