• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where was everybody when the Raptors beat Cleveland by 30 at home

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again it was the second night of a back-to-back. The Raptors managed to score 129 points and shoot 54%.
It took the Cavs to shoot 60% and LeBron James to have a historic night to beat them by three points

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And gave up 132.

I guess the only thing worse than Cleveland's defense is Toronto's.
Raptors had a horrible night on defense I'm not going to deny that I do know though that they are top 5 defensive team in the NBA so one night isn't going to change anything

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night's game is only meaningful if the Raptors believe it was meaningful.

There is a decent chance that they do.

I agree. If the Raptors let that loss get into their heads, then their goose is cooked.

But there are a whole host of reasons why they can kinda just brush that loss off a bit. They were on a back to back road swing. The Cavs did shoot lights out. Lebron did have a remarkable night. If Casey lets this loss fester, then he's not nearly as good a coach as people claim.

As I said above, the next matchup likely will matter more. That game and the next match against the Celtics could very well decide whether they get the #1 seed. They lose both of those games, and they will be an early exit from the playoffs. Lose to the Cavs and that will assure they won't make the finals.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where was everybody when the Raptors beat Cleveland by 30 at home

Everyone at the time knew that the Cavs roster at the time was suboptimal and Lebron wasn't going to be able to go deep into the playoffs. Having said that, the fact that Cleveland was without 4 of their top 8 players in their rotation and Love's only in his 2nd game back; to lose a 15-point lead in the 2nd half like that has to be demoralizing. Cleveland, more specifically Lebron doesn't have anything to prove - Toronto does. And Toronto's going to have this stigma until they get passed Cleveland/Lebron.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone at the time knew that the Cavs roster at the time was suboptimal and Lebron wasn't going to be able to go deep into the playoffs. Having said that, the fact that Cleveland was without 4 of their top 8 players in their rotation and Love's only in his 2nd game back; to lose a 15-point lead in the 2nd half like that has to be demoralizing. Cleveland, more specifically Lebron doesn't have anything to prove - Toronto does. And Toronto's going to have this stigma until they get passed Cleveland/Lebron.

Losing by 3 points on the second night of a back-to-back on the road isn't demoralizing. Especially when it took a historic night by LeBron James for it to happen.
Hey who cares who the Cavs were missing. The Raptors were missing CJ Miles. The last time Korver and Thompson were in the lineup against the Raptors we beat them by 30. That was with Kevin Love and Lebron James playing as well

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing by 3 points on the second night of a back-to-back on the road isn't demoralizing. Especially when it took a historic night by LeBron James for it to happen.
Hey who cares who the Cavs were missing. The Raptors were missing CJ Miles. The last time Korver and Thompson were in the lineup against the Raptors we beat them by 30. That was with Kevin Love and Lebron James playing as well

I side with your argument generally because I don't think this game is as big as others do, but using a game from 3 months ago when the lilliputian disaster known as Isiah Thomas was wreaking havoc to the Cavs, is pretty ridiculous. That was a very different team.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night's game is only meaningful if the Raptors believe it was meaningful.

There is a decent chance that they do.
Did you see them freaking the fuck out in the final minute against OKC instead of trying to make up the deficit? They think this is all meaningful.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again it was the second night of a back-to-back. The Raptors managed to score 129 points and shoot 54%.
It took the Cavs to shoot 60% and LeBron James to have a historic night to beat them by three points

That's the point though. Scored 129 (79 in the 1st half), shoot 54% & let a 15 point lead slip right through their fingers. Funny instead of putting the blame on the Raptors for chocking in the 2nd half you blame the Cavs for shooting 60% & LeBron for his historic night.:pound:No other way to look @ it, that was a bad loss for the Raptors.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey who cares who the Cavs were missing.

Is this a real question?

The Raptors blew a 15 point halftime lead against a team that was missing half it's rotation.

If they can't hold onto a lead that big against a Cavs team missing that many players...how is anyone supposed to believe they can do it against a Cavs team at full strength?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the point though. Scored 129 (79 in the 1st half), shoot 54% & let a 15 point lead slip right through their fingers. Funny instead of putting the blame on the Raptors for chocking in the 2nd half you blame the Cavs for shooting 60% & LeBron for his historic night.:pound:No other way to look @ it, that was a bad loss for the Raptors.

Exactly.

Does it mean the Raptors can't recover and still manage to finally beat the Cavs in the playoffs? Of course not. It's still just a regular season game.

But given the Raptors recent playoff history...it sure as hell isn't going to help their confidence.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, doesn't that make it bad no matter which way you look at it? Either the Raptors choked or they are so defenseless against Lebron that they totally freeze up whenever he decides its time for them to do so.

Where is the part in there that I'm supposed to take hope from lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a real question?

The Raptors blew a 15 point halftime lead against a team that was missing half it's rotation.

If they can't hold onto a lead that big against a Cavs team missing that many players...how is anyone supposed to believe they can do it against a Cavs team at full strength?

Drake sayz the Raptors would sweep the Cavs if they meet in the playoffs.

165f58757eb1f6e29999d70d0b47a23b.gif

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

Does it mean the Raptors can't recover and still manage to finally beat the Cavs in the playoffs? Of course not. It's still just a regular season game.

But given the Raptors recent playoff history...it sure as hell isn't going to help their confidence.

I was just shocked how the 2nd half went. I thought for sure the Raptors were gonna take care of business last night. Sadly though barring any major injuries to the Rockets & Warriors all of the EC teams are fighting a losing battle. Neither Houston or G.S. would lose a 7 game series to any team in the EC.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whatever you want to tell yourself. Cleveland was sleep walking through the 1st half of that game then flipped a switch to come back from a 15-point deficit. If you don't think that's cause for concern, than cool. I couldn't care anyway, I'm not a Cavs or Raptors fan.

It's demoralizing in the sense that your best player last year was talking about how if they had Lebron, they would've won. Your team is already mentally fucked when it comes to him, then to lose in that fashion doesn't help your cause. I've seen this happen way too many times with Lebron. He's going back to the Finals because there's no team in the East that's going to be Cleveland 4 times in a series.