• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, doesn't that make it bad no matter which way you look at it? Either the Raptors choked or they are so defenseless against Lebron that they totally freeze up whenever he decides its time for them to do so.

Where is the part in there that I'm supposed to take hope from lol

It would be an interesting playoff series if they would meet.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just shocked how the 2nd half went. I thought for sure the Raptors were gonna take care of business last night. Sadly though barring any major injuries to the Rockets & Warriors all of the EC teams are fighting a losing battle. Neither Houston or G.S. would lose a 7 game series to any team in the EC.

Yeah that's true. The only reason possibility is the Cavs if Lebron is super human and they shoot lights out. But that's unlikely.

Right now it is hard to see the Warriors being fully healthy for the playoffs.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's true. The only reason possibility is the Cavs if Lebron is super human and they shoot lights out. But that's unlikely.

Right now it is hard to see the Warriors being fully healthy for the playoffs.

Yeah the Warriors are pretty banged up right now. It's no secret I'm not a fan of G.S. but if they remain less than 100% for all of the playoffs I just don't want to hear anyone use that as an excuse.

Although speaking of injuries maybe the league should really consider shortening the season. This 82 game season stuff is just too damn long.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever you want to tell yourself. Cleveland was sleep walking through the 1st half of that game then flipped a switch to come back from a 15-point deficit. If you don't think that's cause for concern, than cool. I couldn't care anyway, I'm not a Cavs or Raptors fan.

It's demoralizing in the sense that your best player last year was talking about how if they had Lebron, they would've won. Your team is already mentally fucked when it comes to him, then to lose in that fashion doesn't help your cause. I've seen this happen way too many times with Lebron. He's going back to the Finals because there's no team in the East that's going to be Cleveland 4 times in a series.
Are you trying to say that the Raptors played like they were scared last night? Again they scored a hundred and twenty nine points on the second night of a back-to-back. It took a miraculous 17 assist and zero turn over game first time in NBA history to beat them

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Warriors are pretty banged up right now. It's no secret I'm not a fan of G.S. but if they remain less than 100% for all of the playoffs I just don't want to hear anyone use that as an excuse.

Although speaking of injuries maybe the league should really consider shortening the season. This 82 game season stuff is just too damn long.

You'd have to bring down player salaries. Less games means less money. The former would never fly, so the season will likely stay the same.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd have to bring down player salaries. Less games means less money. The former would never fly, so the season will likely stay the same.

I totally agree w/ you.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you trying to say that the Raptors played like they were scared last night? Again they scored a hundred and twenty nine points on the second night of a back-to-back. It took a miraculous 17 assist and zero turn over game first time in NBA history to beat them

Man, you're the very definition of homer. You make it seem like Lebron doesn't have these ridiculous stat lines on a daily basis (fully aware of the milestone he achieved last night). You were on the 2nd night of a back-to-back. I guess Toronto's the only team that has to do that during the regular season.

That final minute was telling, you could tell Toronto was fucked mentally. It was all over their face. And besides, I've said countless times that I want to see what Toronto does during the playoffs. Because again, Lebron's shown me what he could do there, Toronto has more often than not, choked.

You don't need to convince me of shit. I'm waiting until May when these teams meet. And this is from someone who doesn't like Lebron or the Cavs - I'm just realistic.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Homer's will homer. So what they scored 129, whoop-de-do. How many points did the Cavs score? This was a bad loss for your team. You just won't/can't admit it.

The Cavs shot 60.3% from the field & 62.5% from downtown. Stop w/ the excuses. The Raptors played super-shitty D last night. So blame the D for not stopping LeBron or the Cavs.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer's will homer. So what they scored 129, whoop-de-do. How many points did the Cavs score? This was a bad loss for your team. You just won't/can't admit it.

The Cavs shot 60.3% from the field & 62.5% from downtown. Stop w/ the excuses. The Raptors played super-shitty D last night. So blame the D for not stopping LeBron or the Cavs.

Wiggy was downright irritating to deal with. He defines the persona of a homer. Having said that, at least he was a homer of a team that had/has the best player in the league whom has now won multiple titles.

This guy is similar to Wiggy, but his team is best known for choking in the playoffs and haven't even sniffed the Finals in its history.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That final minute was telling, you could tell Toronto was fucked mentally. It was all over their face. And besides, I've said countless times that I want to see what Toronto does during the playoffs. Because again, Lebron's shown me what he could do there, Toronto has more often than not, choked.
Fred Van Vleet momentarily thought he was a Cav lol:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy was downright irritating to deal with. He defines the persona of a homer. Having said that, at least he was a homer of a team that had/has the best player in the league whom has now won multiple titles.

This guy is similar to Wiggy, but his team is best known for choking in the playoffs and haven't even sniffed the Finals in its history.
Hey where the hell is Wiggy? Did someone ban him?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For some odd reason from time to time I actually miss wiggy. He would say some really off the wall stuff that would make me laugh. Don't really know that raptors4life fella though. But some of his comments are very homeristic.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, you're the very definition of homer. You make it seem like Lebron doesn't have these ridiculous stat lines on a daily basis (fully aware of the milestone he achieved last night). You were on the 2nd night of a back-to-back. I guess Toronto's the only team that has to do that during the regular season.

Exactly. We're all homers to one degree or another and I get trying to find some kind of explanation besides your team choking against the team that has pretty well crushed them the last 2 years in the playoff.

But to try and pretend that the Raptors don't have a "Cavs problem" is to just ignore reality. Sometimes it happens where one team has an opponent that they just can't seem to get past.

Until they beat the Cavs in the playoffs or they get through the playoffs without facing them...it's hard to picture them getting out of the East.

Yep, the look on their faces was pure "here we go again."

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And even with all of that, even after the Raptors choked away the lead, it was still a 1 possession game. The Raptors needed 1 stop or 1 play on offense...they got neither.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And even with all of that, even after the Raptors choked away the lead, it was still a 1 possession game. The Raptors needed 1 stop or 1 play on offense...they got neither.

Great point about losing by only 1 possession. Only time will tell if this loss will stick w/ them. One thing for sure, they have to hate playing in Cleveland. The Raptors record recently playing there hasn't been good.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me a homer whatever you want doesn't phase me. Bottom line is that every non Raptors fan looks for every excuse for them not to be successful. I will gain repeat they were on a back-to-back and scored a hundred and thirty points in Cleveland. Yes their defense was horrible I'll be the first to admit that but to take this one game and say they have no shot is absolutely ridiculous. We lost by 3 points

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me a homer whatever you want doesn't phase me. Bottom line is that every non Raptors fan looks for every excuse for them not to be successful. I will gain repeat they were on a back-to-back and scored a hundred and thirty points in Cleveland. Yes their defense was horrible I'll be the first to admit that but to take this one game and say they have no shot is absolutely ridiculous. We lost by 3 points

And if they lose in 2 weeks...