• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me a homer whatever you want doesn't phase me. Bottom line is that every non Raptors fan looks for every excuse for them not to be successful. I will gain repeat they were on a back-to-back and scored a hundred and thirty points in Cleveland. Yes their defense was horrible I'll be the first to admit that but to take this one game and say they have no shot is absolutely ridiculous. We lost by 3 points

Okay, you're a homer.

And it's not just that your team lost. I already mentioned this but look @ the FG%. 60% + from the field & downtown. The D wasn't horrible. It's was downright pathetic. And who exactly is saying the Raptors have no shot? I would think if they would meet the Cavs in the playoffs w/ that # 1 seed they would be the favorites in the series.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is that every non Raptors fan looks for every excuse for them not to be successful.

Lol @this load of nonsense.

First of all...no one cares enough about the Raptors to "look for every excuse for them not to be successful."

Also, I'd bet that most of us on here would love to see the Raptors (or just about anyone else) take out the Cavs.

This isn't about some mythical "Raptor hate."

The Raptors have a history of coming up small in the playoffs...especially vs. the Cavs. Last night did absolutely nothing to convince anyone that things will be any different this year.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me a homer whatever you want doesn't phase me. Bottom line is that every non Raptors fan looks for every excuse for them not to be successful. I will gain repeat they were on a back-to-back and scored a hundred and thirty points in Cleveland. Yes their defense was horrible I'll be the first to admit that but to take this one game and say they have no shot is absolutely ridiculous. We lost by 3 points

Since when is there a strong anti-Raptors coalition? I think most people dismiss them because they’ve disappointed in the playoffs recently. Being a Philly fan, I love Kyle Lowry and would be happy to see Toronto win, assuming they weren’t facing the 76ers. I think JV has always been underrated. I like him. Ibaka was a nice pickup for them. And DeRozan is DeRozan. Very good player, probably a little overrated, but maybe he mimics Wade and carries Toronto to a title some day.

Basing one’s prediction off one game is pretty silly. That was a demoralizing loss...but it won’t dictate anything. But let’s be honest — Toronto shat the bed in the first round multiple times in the past. They had the nice run two years ago but even that year they got pushed to 7 games by clearly inferior opponents. If they want people to stop doubting them, they’ve got to get their shit together in the postseason.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is that every non Raptors fan looks for every excuse for them not to be successful.
Dude, nobody outside Toronto cares even close to this much about the Raptors. I think they've been great this year and so do most people. They held their own against the streaking Rockets. There's been good.

But when they're on a big stage (and every stage with Lebron is a big one) and they very clearly show some very bad signs you can't expect people to not notice.

It's okay to criticize your team. Everyone here watched the same thing last night. They blew it. Lebron went AT them. Get over it. The important games don't start for a few weeks anyways.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @this load of nonsense.

First of all...no one cares enough about the Raptors to "look for every excuse for them not to be successful."

Also, I'd bet that most of us on here would love to see the Raptors (or just about anyone else) take out the Cavs.

This isn't about some mythical "Raptor hate."

The Raptors have a history of coming up small in the playoffs...especially vs. the Cavs. Last night did absolutely nothing to convince anyone that things will be any different this year.
Name the teams that have beat LeBron in the playoffs in the last 10 years

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, nobody outside Toronto cares even close to this much about the Raptors. I think they've been great this year and so do most people. They held their own against the streaking Rockets. There's been good.

But when they're on a big stage (and every stage with Lebron is a big one) and they very clearly show some very bad signs you can't expect people to not notice.

It's okay to criticize your team. Everyone here watched the same thing last night. They blew it. Lebron went AT them. Get over it. The important games don't start for a few weeks anyways.
Since when is there a strong anti-Raptors coalition? I think most people dismiss them because they’ve disappointed in the playoffs recently. Being a Philly fan, I love Kyle Lowry and would be happy to see Toronto win, assuming they weren’t facing the 76ers. I think JV has always been underrated. I like him. Ibaka was a nice pickup for them. And DeRozan is DeRozan. Very good player, probably a little overrated, but maybe he mimics Wade and carries Toronto to a title some day.

Basing one’s prediction off one game is pretty silly. That was a demoralizing loss...but it won’t dictate anything. But let’s be honest — Toronto shat the bed in the first round multiple times in the past. They had the nice run two years ago but even that year they got pushed to 7 games by clearly inferior opponents. If they want people to stop doubting them, they’ve got to get their shit together in the postseason.
This is a totally different team than the last few years. And I wouldn't call a three point loss on the road on a back-to-back a demoralizing loss

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a totally different team than the last few years. And I wouldn't call a three point loss on the road on a back-to-back a demoralizing loss

I do agree that they're different. Not different enough to beat Cleveland though. Good enough to beat the other 6 teams in the East though.

Beating LBJ 4 out of 7 isn't happening

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a totally different team than the last few years.
I mean, 4 of their starting 5 are the same as they were last year. Same coach.

The fact a few players are doing a few things differently and the bench is deep doesn't make it a "totally different team".

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to look this up. I also thought Shaq played in that game but he didn't. On 12-30-90 Skiles dished out those 30 assists when Orlando beat Denver 155-116.
Wow....that was an amazing accomplishment when I suspected Shaq was on the receiving end of 1/2 of those assists.

Now?

It's un-fucking-imaginable.....lol

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They scored 79 at the half and lost. That’s a bad loss. The fact that it’s on a back-to-back in my opinion makes it worse. They’re not only physically exhausted by the end of the game but emotionally spent knowing that they squandered a 79-point first half. Doubtful that any of their players are going “Well, it was on a back-to-back, so it’s not as bad.”

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name the teams that have beat LeBron in the playoffs in the last 10 years

Celtics (twice), Magic, Mavs, Spurs and Warriors.

What does that have to do with the Raptors choking away last nights game and not convincing anyone that they can change the outcome this year?

And what does it have to do with no one caring enough about the Raptors to "look for any excuse for them not to be successful"?

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's also typical of this board that not one fan posted when the Raptors score 79 in the first half not one person posted a thing but when they lose the game everybody comes out of the woodwork saying they have no shot against Cleveland.
I mean, 4 of their starting 5 are the same as they were last year. Same coach.

The fact a few players are doing a few things differently and the bench is deep doesn't make it a "totally different team".
You just proved to me that you're not a basketball fan

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree that they're different. Not different enough to beat Cleveland though. Good enough to beat the other 6 teams in the East though.

Beating LBJ 4 out of 7 isn't happening

Eh. Do we really think Cleveland is that good this year? Maybe they turn it on in the postseason. Or maybe they’re just not that good this year.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They scored 79 at the half and lost. That’s a bad loss. The fact that it’s on a back-to-back in my opinion makes it worse. They’re not only physically exhausted by the end of the game but emotionally spent knowing that they squandered a 79-point first half. Doubtful that any of their players are going “Well, it was on a back-to-back, so it’s not as bad.”
Actually the players after the game were saying they played a horrible defensive game but still managed to score a hundred 29 Points and lost by 3

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where was everybody when the Raptors beat Cleveland by 30 at home
We were right here NOT proclaiming its a brand new day like you have been since you got here.

Winning in the regular Season is not your teams Achilles heel.

It's the team that snuffed you out AGAIN.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not if you completely ignore the fact that they blew a 15 point halftime lead, couldn't come up with a stop or big bucket when they needed one and that it was a failed opportunity to gain some confidence while planting a small bit of doubt in the Cavs heads.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. Do we really think Cleveland is that good this year? Maybe they turn it on in the postseason. Or maybe they’re just not that good this year.
Cleveland isn't.

LeBron is.

Statistically, best Season ever.

They beat the Raptors without 5 of their rotation players, two of them being starters.

#BusinessAsUsual

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's also typical of this board that not one fan posted when the Raptors score 79 in the first half not one person posted a thing but when they lose the game everybody comes out of the woodwork saying they have no shot against Cleveland.

You just proved to me that you're not a basketball fan

We aren’t Raptors fans and don’t follow every game they play. Most of us are probably just reacting to the outcome of the game. I know I didn’t watch the game. Can’t speak for anyone else.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How silly of me. We lost by 3 score 129 points . Were playing a back-to-back. Are now one and one against the Cavaliers with the first win being a 30-point blowout in Toronto. We have no chance against Cleveland might as well not even play the games we obviously showed we were so scared last night losing by 3 points